I want to eat out of my freezer - come in and help!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default I want to eat out of my freezer - come in and help!

I just LOVE your advice and ideas, ladies! I am posting my "little freezer" inventory (the one above my fridge) and would love some fresh new ideas for what to eat out of what I've got! Link me to recipes (or just post them) too! I have a lot of other items in my big freezer, cabinets, and pantry, but I want to just focus on the little freezer right now!

The people eating in my household are DH and myself, as well as my 2 yr old DD.

MEATS:
    1 box bacon
    (3) 1 lb ground beef
    1 lb Tilapia filets
    (2) package Polish sausages
    1 pkg bratwursts
    2 family-sized pkg seasoned beef fajita meat (enough for 2 meals)
    1 family-sized pkf seasoned pork fajita meat (enough for 2 meals)
    small ziploc of leftover Christmas turkey
    1/2 bag of chicken tenders (enough for one meal)
    (2) 2lb chicken thighs
    2 lb bag of boneless skinless chicken breasts

FRUITS/VEGGIES:
    3 cans apple juice
    3 cans orange juice
    1/2 bag green beans
    1 lb grilled eggplant slices
    1 lb grilled zucchini slices
    1 lb grilled red/yellow pepper slices
    1 1/2 bags broccoli and cauliflower mix
    1 bag peas

OTHER:
    4 bags shredded cheeses
    1 pkg long rolls (hotdog sized)
    1 bag flour
    2 loaves wheat bread
    2 pkgs cookie dough
    1 package breakfast sandwiches (homemade)
    1 package waffles
    1 bag chocolate chips
    1/2 bag pecan pieces
    2 containers of ice cream
    1 pkg vanilla flavored almond bark
    bread heels
    lots of chocolate. LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Anyone?? 22 views and no ideas? lol

Registered User monkeywrangler71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

- This is what we do with frozen haddock, I'm sure you could do the same with the tilapia:

Baked Haddock

Need:
    Diced Onion
    Diced Red Pepper
    Minced Garlic Clove
    1 tsp Dried Thyme
    3 tbsp Kraft Italian Dressing
    Frozen Haddock Fillets
    Tinfoil

Directions:
    Place haddock fillets in foil, top with remaining ingredients. Close foil place in shallow baking pan.

Cook 25 mins at 425º

- I put leftover turkey and chicken in the food processor with the chopping blade and flake it up for chicken salad sandwiches (for lunches) or chicken/turkey melts.

- I put bacon on pizza, also make bacon & cheddar sandwiches for myself at lunch, and use in quiche.

- I have a recipe for chicken thighs, the sauce is very gingery and delicious:

Sticky Chicky
    Need:
    Chicken
    1/2c. Barbeque sauce
    1/4c. Soy sauce
    1/4c. Red wine vinegar
    1/4c. liquid honey or maple syrup
    1 tbsp. Chili powder
    1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
    1 tbsp. Grated gingerroot
    2 tsp. minced garlic
    1 tsp. ground cumin
    1 tbsp. cornstarch

Directions:
    Preheat over to 400º. Spray 9X13 baking pan with cooking spray, arrange chicken in single layer. Wisk all ingredients except cornstarch together. Pour evenly over chicken. Turn pieces to coat both sides with sauce. Bake uncovered for 40 mins, or until chicken is no longer pink.

Remove chicken from pan, keep warm. Pour sauce into a small pot. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Combine cornstarch with an equal amount of water & mix until smooth. Add to sauce. Cook until bubbly & thickened, about 1 min.

Serve hot chicken with extra sauce on top.

- If you are sick of fajitas, you can use the seasoned meat in a stirfry.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Chicken Roulade

Partially thaw a chicken breast or two and slice in half to give you two flat pieces. Pound thin and layer a mix of your grilled squash/eggplant and pepper slices. You can also saute or carmelize some onions and add it in a layer. Putting some breadcrumbs between the layers will help hold everything together and keep the juices in. Roll the meat and tie it into logs and bake. If you have a strip or two of bacon thawed, lay that on top to keep the chicken breast from drying out. You could also gently brown them in a pan first then finish cooking in the oven.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1739...229198,00.html is a sample roulade recipe as my directions aren't very specific.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If it were me I'd make stir-fry..Lots of vegetables there and the chicken. forget the eggplant.Yuck...But of course that is just me and the eggplant thing going.....Stir-fry would also be quick and easy. Or make bread crumbs out of the bread heels and bake your fish and have vegetables on the side. Lots of potential there.

Barbara

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

How about eggplant parm with the eggplant and using the heels for bread crumbs. I think you could also use the zucchini and peppers in this dish too. Serve with pasta. Breakfast for dinner would be nice with the waffles, breakfast sandwiches and bacon. Frozen bread makes good french toast too. I love mixing broccoli, cauliflower and carrot mix with cr of chix soup and a couple of hand fulls of cheese then baking - could top with buttered bread crumbs for some crunch. HTH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hmm, let's see....

I'd use some of the hamburger and shredded cheese and make taco salad. You just start with a tortilla chip base, add hamburger fried with onions and taco seasoning, then cheese, salsa, salad and salad dressing. Or you could buy taco shells instead and make tacos.

Ooooh, and use the chocolate chips and pecans to bake cookies!
    http://www.recipezaar.com/39645
    Yummy!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What about fajita pizza? You use salsa instead of spaghetti sauce and cheddar cheese instead of mozzarella.

Use some of the fajita meat and grilled veggies put it on top of plain rice.

If someone's birthday is coming up and they wouldn't care, make them a huge cookie instead of a cake. Press the cookie doughs together in the bottom of a large pan (jelly roll maybe) and bake. Decorate with some whipped cream or sprinkles or icing. Or, make a "cookie" pizza (you put fruit and some whip cream on it).

Use some of the fajita meat and grilled veggies to make southwestern omlettes.

What about making popscicles with the juice?

You could use the hotdog buns to make fajita sandwiches with some of the fajita meat and grilled veggies.

Use the waffles and the ice cream to make "ice cream sandwiches". Serve with a sprinkling of choc chips and some of the pecans.

Use the leftover xmas turkey for some turkey salad sandwiches.

Cut the 2 lb bag of chic breast up into strips about a half inch wide (or a little narrower, you could dice them up also). Marinate in a bottle of teriyaki sauce overnight. In the morning, dump it all into the crockpot and cook on low all day. Serve over a bed of rice and with some of the broc/cauli.

I am out of time to think of more ideas. I hope that this helps.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Here's a few ideas from me:

I like the waffle sundae and the fajita omelet ideas from someone else!!

Make chili or Mexican/tortilla soup out of the fajita meat. Add beans and veggies and use a tomato/V8 juice base. Plus it's a good way to use up partial bags of veggies too. Could even make a white chili with the fajita meat.

I'd grill, grill, grill.... hamburgers, brats, chicken thighs.

Make broccoli and cauliflower salad. I know there are 100's of recipes out there.

Make turkey gravy with leftover Christmas turkey. Add partial bags of frozen veggies. Serve over baked or mashed potatoes, biscuits, toast, rice or noodles.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

make the cookies - put ice cream between two cookies add a few chocolate chips and eat

make a bread pudding using the bread heels and pecan pieces - google bread pudding there are lots of good recipes for it.

Take the cans of juice and mix as directed. Freeze for homemade popcicles.

You can make a good bbq pizza with the hamburger meat and cheese. Spead some bbq sauce on the pizza dough instead of tomato sauce. Add cooked hamburger meat and shredded cheese (preferably cheddar). Cook according to dough directions and eat. I do this w/soy meat (vegetarian - no real meat for me) and the family loves it. Very different taste from regular pizza.

You can also cook a chicken breast or two, cut it up and then use it for pizza topping too.

Some of the veggies and peppers make for good pizzas.

You could even use the long rolls as the base for your pizza instead of using pizza dough. They would cook up even quicker that way.

Talapia is good if you just place each piece in foil. Coat with lemon pepper seasoning, add a pat of butter, wrap it up and cook. You can also add some veggies (brocolli, peppers, zucchini) to the packs before ypu cook them for added flavor.

Cook the chicken tenders. Once you get them out of the oven get a bowl (with a lid) and put the tenders in the bowl with some bbq sauce and shake it. You now have bbq chicken tenders. This is also good to do with hot sauce instead of bbq sauce, or mild wing sauce.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You girls always have the best ideas! Lovin' it all so far!!

Registered User monkeywrangler71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

This will use some of the bread, cheese and bacon. I always cut this recipe in half, as the original (below) makes about 12 servings.

Homecoming Brunch for a Bunch
    Need:
    4 cups day old bread, cubed
    2 cups grated cheddar
    10 eggs lightly beaten
    4 cups milk
    1 tsp dry mustard
    1 tsp salt
    dash pepper
    8-10 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled
    1/2 cup sliced mushrooms

Directions:
    Spray (or grease) 9X13 casserole dish. Spread bread cubes evenly on bottom of dish, sprinkle with cheese. In large bowl mix eggs, milk, and spices. Pour evenly over cheese & bread. Cover, refridgerate up to 24 hours. Before cooking, sprinkle with bacon and mushrooms.

Bake 325º for about 1 hour, or until set.