Recommend a new slow cooker, please
    Registered User monkeywrangler71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Recommend a new slow cooker, please

I have the Hamilton Beach 6qt Programmable, which has an awful habit of randomly shutting itself off every now and then. Got home tonight to a cold, raw pot roast. I am feeling very and

The few times this happened in the past I just assumed I had pressed the wrong button, or had a power outage, or that my outlet was screwy. Just went online and found out that many, many people have had this issue with this slow cooker. I guess, it's not me; the machine can't be trusted.

So, I need a new one. Anyone know what consumer reports says, or what the top recommended brands are? I don't want to pay for a CR subscription just to find out.

Grrrrrrr

(I'm very cranky when I'm starving)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have crockpot brand with the removable crock which is great for cleaning. I love it. It's not programmable but it has a warm knob.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

mine isnt programmable either...dont need it. i dont use it often enough anyway.

ii would just google the brands and look at reviews that way. even target, bed bath beyond will have reviews. try amazon for reviews also.

good luck on your search and that sucks to come home after a long day of work to a raw meal!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a 2 CrockPot brand pots. One is a deep round one, the other is about half as deep, but oval. Neither is programmable, just a few different temp settings. I prefer the oval one over the deep round one. If I was to buy a new one, I would get one that has a lid that locks on for traveling.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have a Hamilton Beach 3 in 1 crock pot. It comes with 3 different removable crocks, 2, 4, and 6 quart sizes. It was a christmas gift 5 years ago and it's my favorite kitchen appliance ever. My mother has the same one which she's had for at least 8 years.

Here's a link. Mine actually came with yellow, orange and green crocks but there are different colored ones.

Amazon.com: Hamilton Beach 33135 3-in-1 Slow Cooker with 2-, 4-, and 6-Quart Crocks, Stainless Steel: Kitchen & Dining

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hmm, mine is a 6qt oval (removable crock), stainless Hamilton Beach Programmable and I haven't had it shut off on me. It's a few years old and gets used just about every week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Danielle wife to Brandon

Ava 7/3/12

Dog mom to: Boost Bruiser Roxy

Debt:
    Student Loan - Paid in full February 2017!
    Car loan - Paid in full Dec 2015!
    Mortgage - $38000

Emergency Fund: $5800
    Change jar ???
    Ava's Savings - $4200

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Have a rival crockpot with removable insert. I purchased it from CVS during an end of season sale. It is not programmable. Have not had any problems with it. Then again 95% of the time I am home when using it. Now is probably a good time to buy one since there are a lot of end of season sales going on. I think it cost $20 at the most.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a 6qt oval Crock Pot brand crockpot with the removable crock and it is not programmable. Mine runs very very hot so I can set it on low and stuff cooks like it is on high! It runs so hot that I have burned stuff in it a time or two! I am looking for a new one!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have 2..One is a small Crockpot brand and I use it at least twice a week..I have had it about 3 years and still works great..It just has a low and high setting..

The other one is a West Bend Ovel..I use it at least once a week..It is 10 years old..It has high med low and warm settings..the base is all that heats on it..It is good for meats and thing..Roasted Chicken is great in it..It also came with a rack..I had one before and it is 35 years old..I loved it and it still works fine..

I like them..I have a couple of others but these 2 are the ones I use the most..
    Last edited by Brat; 01-17-2013 at 04:39 PM. Reason: mistyped

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I was just wondering.. what you ended up getting? I believe it's an investment worth the money you spend.