Frugal Village Forums banner

Just Starting the DR Plan

Tags
plan starting
1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Russ 
#1 ·
Hello!

I stumbled accross Dave Ramsey a few weeks ago and am getting ready to dive in!!!

My DH and I have registered to take the FPU classes starting on Wednesday, May 4th and I have The Total Money Makeover on hold (only one person ahead of me-yea!!!) at the library.

I plan to fund (or mostly fund) the Step # 1 Emergency Fund this Friday with my paycheck from my second job (I teach online college coursework).

Last Thursday I took my first "babystep" by paying off my JCP card ($38) and my Macy's card ($27). I know these were small balances, but now they are $0 and the cards are no longer in my wallet.

I am glad to "meet" everyone and look forward to getting to know you on this journey.

Cathleen

#2 ·
Welcome!!! to FrugalVillage.

Reactions: ksgrlnaz
#5 ·
Welcome, and congrats on taking the hardest step of all- starting! Many of us here are on our way to finding 'financial peace' through DR, we are happy to have you on board too. This is a GREAT place to get advice and a fresh set of eyes on your situation when you feel 'stuck'.

#6 ·
Welcome to the Village and way to go! Greebo and I are big fans of DR and he has certainly changed our future for the better.

#7 ·
That's great! I am a huge fan of that DR program. My son and DIL are starting FPU classes the middle of the month, too. It's so exciting witnessing others get their financial life in order. I wish you the absolute best luck. Keep coming here for inspiration, especially during the low points or to avoid temptation. That worked for me.

#9 ·
Just paid off credit card # 3; granted these are pretty small balances, but it helps to get the ball rolling. Next on my list is Target . . . currently at $419.89.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.