12/16/16 Debt reduction -savings thread - Page 6
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Knot me-your ahead of me. DH has worked so many places I have just gotten all the 1099's and W-2's I thnk. I am hoping next week if I can put salt on Dh's tail. He is working late and getting more hours tomorrow before the end of the contract.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

FW, we needed to do it as fast a possible this year so that DS can do FAFSA for college etc, This is the quickest we have ever gotten it done. One year his employer didn't send his W2's until the first of April. We had contacted the IRS to see what we could do to get that taken care of because they were supposed to send earlier. They told us nothing, so we were submitting that year right at the deadline. Hope it goes quickly and smoothly for you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

hmm-the actual deadline is jan 31st but i cant count all the issues we've had w/ 1099's and the lateness. Dh worked until early this morning doing a changeover so IDK when I can talk to him about it. He was supposed to go in today too. 1 yr. the neighbor DH was going work for her lawyer cousin,as a pittance comes over wanting his SSN in March. UM,nope. We filed where were you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got our taxes back and this is what I've done so far!

Funded my BEF! Yay!
    Paid off a small CC of $500
    Paid off a larger CC of $1900
    Put $500 aside for Hubby's deer mount
    Getting the second car tires and brakes taken care of

We got some left over and it will be split and headed towards our two last remaining cards! I just gotta have time to sit down and make sure nothing is hiding that would benefit from this more.

I've been able to give me and DH $20 a week in spending money. DH quite smoking 1/1 and has been smoke free since. I told him as reward each week he is smoke free we put $50 in the land up north fund. About the amount (actually less) that he was using in cigs. So proud of him.
    Now that I have spending money, I have no clue what to spend it on. Prolly gonna roll it over for awhile and spend it on some clothes I really need. I really just want to spend it on the kids

DH is getting a little more on the band wagon of getting rid of these! I get tuition reimbursement from my company in May or June sometime and that's another 4k which will wipe out the two remaining CC! Yay! Like I said, 2016 will be our year!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Rai-congrats to you and your Dh on the smoking and great reward.

Still debt free and the dry stockpile is done in prep for job loss and surgery. Got pet food and salt for the softener and paper goods this weekend. Still need cat food.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Paid an extra $2,000 on the mortgage today. I'll update signature once it's been posted.
    2020 Goals:
    Pay off Ohio House - PAID OFF!! March 2020
    Save for whole house generator - $0/$15,000 (Guess amount, no quote)
    Fully Fund all Retirement Accounts & HSA - $12,500/$43,000
    Save for fruit trees - $0/$2,000 (by December)
    Survive Outage - 6-12s for 3-6 months.....love the pay, hate the hours
    Save for pond....now a 2022 goal

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Really feeling anxious. DH is almost finished doing the estate. he will be distributing what little there is out to is brothers and sister. He really wants to add a garage to the home place so we are cashing in some of the cash back bonus we have accumulated so far for some Lowe's gift cards to help pay for some of the supplies without taking from our accounts. A lot we want to do and add to the place here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Knotme-hope it all turns out great. We built a garage on our first home and it was a good experience. They hit the house w/ the cement truck but to be fair it was super tight and the aluminum really old. The kids loved all the trucks and chaos of a normal build.

Got the cat food ticked in and some ham chubs and 1/2 the cat litter. Prob. get the rest tomorrow. Refilled a bunch of meds. Still debt free. All the dogs done and just 2 cats to do. Paid the trash service for 6 months. 5 more days til surgery. 3 more days of job!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I thought I'd post a little update on how my goals are going:

Increasing my income by $2,500 a month - My income has increased in February by about $100 over January but I'm nowhere near my goal of $2,500 or more a month. I took out a line of credit of $1,500 to get some articles outsourced for my websites. I got about half of the articles completed and posted on one of my websites and I'm working on getting the other articles ordered, written and posted. It's a lot more work than I imagined and the writers I hired are not very good so I still have a lot of editing to do which takes some time. One writer I hired was sending me copied content which got through the plagiarism detectors somehow. Luckily, I didn't post them on my website yet. I fired the writer and am working with the company to try to get a refund for those 15 articles. Very frustrating, especially since the company wants me to send them proof that each article was copied. It's such a waste of my time. I'm hoping to see my income increase every month from now until the end of the year. I'm going to use the extra income to pay off the line of credit - I've got until September to pay it off without incurring interest.

File and pay my taxes by April 15 - I have everything I need to file my taxes so I just need to sit down and do it. I'm going to wait until after my vacation at the beginning of March before filing. Starting in April, I'm going to take 30% of my paycheck and set it aside in a separate account to pay taxes next year (or quarterly if I can figure out how that works).

Invest 25% of every paycheck back into my business - Um, I guess I'm going to do this in a way by paying off the line of credit first. Once the line of credit is paid off, then I can invest 25% of my paycheck into the business.

Save up at least $2,000 and buy a new-to-me car - I haven't started this yet. I'm waiting until I get my taxes paid, my line of credit paid off and an emergency fund set up before I start saving for a car. I've been looking at cars online and I think I may need a lot more than $2,000 to get anything decent. I'll probably have to adjust this goal later.

Save at least $1,000 for an emergency fund - I'm going to start this as soon as I get my taxes paid. I'm going to add $100 a month to my savings so I should reach this goal by the end of the year.

Pay off one of my student loans - My student loans are currently in forbearance until May. After the forbearance is over, I'll owe $400 a month. Last week, I filled out a form on their website to get that changed to $100 a month for 2 years and then it will increase every year after that for 25 years. The reason I changed it is so I have more flexibility with my money. My student loans have a low interest rate. If I need the money for something else - medical bills, credit cards, car loan, etc - then I'll have it. Most months, I will pay the $400 a month that I was originally going to pay. I will not be taking 25 years to pay off my student loans. Starting in May, I'm going to apply some extra money to the loan with the lowest balance which is around $1,000. I should be able to pay off that loan by the end of the year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My progress on my goal of paying down at least $25K of debt in 2016 and to be debt free by December 2017 (excluding mortgage related).:

Amount paid down to date on debt in 2016: $5,613.78/$25,000

I have been making great progress!

AllyG47, come join the The Almighty Dollar Booster Challenge ~ How I made an extra buck today..... challenge under the Money Challenges forum. I get very lonely in there and I'd love to have company. I am working on bringing in more income too.
    2020 Pay Off Debt Challenge: $25,675.45/$25,676.45 (Goal COMPLETED: Pay Off By 12/30/2020)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I am so ticked. DH's present employer just handed him another 1099 Because he worked last Dec. there. It was apparently sent to the wrong address-supposedly.
    So now I really need to track all the medical to offset that seeing no taxes are taken from a 1099. sigh and Grrr. More stress for me pleeease!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We finally got our state return. It was only $93 but will cover photo pass for Disney. We also bought all summer clothes. We got new insurance. It saves us on house and car- enough our house payments should go down next year!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

way to go ladies!!
    Still hanging. Gather medical for a deduction this year. COBRA,glasses,and general expenses-hopefully I can out distance the new 1099 we had dropped on us.

Surgery is moved back 6 days.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My Debt Reduction for March is $2,513.91. Making the total $3,495.30.
    2020 Goals:
    Pay off Ohio House - PAID OFF!! March 2020
    Save for whole house generator - $0/$15,000 (Guess amount, no quote)
    Fully Fund all Retirement Accounts & HSA - $12,500/$43,000
    Save for fruit trees - $0/$2,000 (by December)
    Survive Outage - 6-12s for 3-6 months.....love the pay, hate the hours
    Save for pond....now a 2022 goal

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hey guys! We are making great financial strides so far. Since my last update I put

$500 to hubbys CC#1
    $500 to hubbys CC#2

I have another 2k in savings to split between the two as well but I'm doing $500 a month so I can use some of that income we would out towards that elsewhere.

I started the 52 week savings challenge and made the deposits for that to be our auto repair fund. Woohoo!

March goals:
    I am taking a no allowance month but letting Hubby still have his.

Hoping to double pay on the car this month.

We also spent a little money on my living room as I desperately wanted to make my house look like a home. Here's a pic of it! Well only a portion of it. I love it!! All we did was paint and I got some new lamps. We also put wood vents in that matched my trim. Looks so fancy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12/16/16 Debt reduction -savings thread-image_1457393434201.jpg  

12/16/16 Debt reduction -savings thread-image_1457393512903.jpg  

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast