12/17/17 Debt Reduction and/or Savings Challenge! - Page 13
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like how some of you do your final monthly savings as a %. When I do that for November I'm shocked at the numbers. I'm doing way better than I thought. 20% Pre tax (retirement and HSA card. This never changes) and 63% after tax (Roth and savings). What an eye opener!

I'm currently not paying down on debt. My company is in contract negotiations. If a different company gets the contract I don't know what will happen to me so I'm saving as much as I can. We were supposed to know last week but we are still waiting. Contract ends 12/31.
    2020 Goals:
    Pay off Ohio House - PAID OFF!! March 2020
    Save for whole house generator - $0/$15,000 (Guess amount, no quote)
    Fully Fund all Retirement Accounts & HSA - $12,500/$43,000
    Save for fruit trees - $0/$2,000 (by December)
    Survive Outage - 6-12s for 3-6 months.....love the pay, hate the hours
    Save for pond....now a 2022 goal

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Fingers crossed that your company gets the contract. Good job on the savings.

I am doing better this year than last year according to my spreadsheet. Hubby is self-employed this year and I won't know until I nag him how his business is doing. It appears to be pretty good though. He had to send in a certification renewal packet (not due until February) but if there is a government shutdown it will delay everything. Good thing he planned ahead (which he rarely does.)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

LL-I feel ya. It's the way we ran the year too. Chucked 40-50% in the bank,lived way lower than we can afford and skipped more repairs to the house and buying me a vehicle. The service he works for now either pays him or reimburses the money we paid out per week leaving us at times making the minimum payment for them. Of course this has led to many tense moments and several marital fights. I question if DH is their only money maker. SO I ma building t a certain level before spending much. He has blind faith as always. Hope to new company is better for you. Cheers~.

Dlrcpa-DH is not a planner and trusts companies too much. Mine can seldom see the "train" coming either.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The end date for this thread was Sunday, and new year is just a few holiday days away. So I'll do the first sum up of 2017 now:

*The main number is our savings rate: 40 %. I don't feel completely satisfied, we should have been able to reach 50 %, but compared to previous years we are absolutely moving in the right direction.
    *We started the year having achieved almost 8% of our total goal, and end it at 25 %. If the trend continues, it shouldn't take us more than 3 years to be completely debt free in a renovated house.
    Total paid/saved: $214 900
    Total goal: $304 900
    To do: $90 000

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've had a terrific year. Met my goal of paying off all the debt I had on Jan. 1, a few months early actually.

Incurred new debt at the end of Sept - desperately needed new windows and doors for the house. I have set a new goal for 2018 to have that all completely paid off by the end of December 2018.

Along the way I have trips to London and Hawaii, so this may take some finagling but I expect it will all work out.

Am going to set up a SEP-IRA for my business to save some of my money pretax. Will likely start that in 2018, rather than 2017.
    2020 Pay Off Debt Challenge: $25,675.45/$25,676.45 (Goal COMPLETED: Pay Off By 12/30/2020)

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213