2019 Debt Reduction and money Management ( 12-21-2019) - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have one payment left on my car and one left at best buy (0 interest). But yesterday we bought paint for the house. I was able to get 0% interest for 12 months, so I'll spread that out and use the bulk of our newly paid off debt to pay off the higher interest first. We really didn't want to add more debt, but I KNOW we'll be able to pay it off before the interest hits. Still on track. We're doing better with not eating out and just staying home more. I'm doing better staying home during the day. We did have a pretty hefty vet bill this week, but ds will pay us back for his share.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

added anew to us good used vehicle to our family this weekend. Paid cash for it. also was able to add some more $$$ to our last IRA to fill for the year. slowly and surely it is getting done. Wow, we are almost to the end of May. 5 months in to the year. How is every one doing with their goals. Still have another couple of things we need to work on added unexpectedly to our goals so IRA will be a slow add for a while.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The house renovations are paid, the EF is full, and I'm struggling with what to do next. I really want to move down the list and get rid of the student loan, but DH is not sure that is the best idea. His disability process has run into a bureaucratical snag, and we might have to live on my income alone in 2020. If we thighten everything we should be able to cashflow it, but it won't be easy. So I do understand DH's worry, and kind of agree that the best idea is to pile up money. But I'm so terribly tired of that student loan...

The mortgage is a type of HELOC, so we could pile up the funds there, and then decide later what to do with them. Maybe I could reward myself with $100 to the student loan for every $1000 we save up, or something like that.

Student loan #1: $9 000 (done)
    House renovation: $35 500 (done)
    Full size EF: $ 15 000 (done)
    Property lease and paperwork: $10 000 (done)
    Mortgage/extra EF: 0 ($50 000 left)
    Student loan #2: $9 000 ($18 000 left)
    Index fund and stocks: $7 200 ($4 200 left in 2019)
    Mortgage main part: 0 ($115 000 left)
    Total paid/saved: $85 700
    Total goal: $272 900
    To do: $187 200

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Was able to put more into DH's Roth account. Just 1/7th left to get in there. Hope it gets done by the end of the month, but we will see. Have one other thing that has cropped up that we need to take care of first before working on our other goals. So basically doing great in this area right now. We even got a refund on our insurance for our new to us vehicle. I can live with that. Stock dividend comes in this month too. It is a small cheque but better than nothing. As my DH keeps saying, the dividend is better than what we would get for that money sitting in a savings account. got some small sewing jobs lined up for the couple of months and new paino students to mix in with those established students.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Made the last payment on my car on Friday! Made the last payment to Best Buy 2 weeks ago. Will now use $50/12 months to pay off a no interest at Home Depot. The rest will be used to make a payment twice a month to another card. I may keep paying the extra $50 to home depot when the interest free is done. Hope to have those two cards paid by the end of the year. My 5 year plan is finally in motion. Well, it's been in motion, I'm starting to see the results. That's what is exciting. I hope to have everything paid off sooner, but that is the plan for now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234