2019 Debt Reduction and money Management ( 12-21-2019) - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

my big wedding dress and all the other dresses for the wedding job is finished. Yay. I actually finished it on Saturday, all paid up from the job too. I asked DH to take DD and her kids out to pick up the things they needed. ( a coat for DD for winter and tights for the girls for winter) So while they were gone I had the time to finish it off completely. ( Every time I would sit down to do the hand stitching, DGD ( age 2) would bring me a book to read to her. So I would put the sewing aside to read to DGD, It's what a grandma does) So now I am in the juggling the rooms around mode to get them ready for when DS#3 moves home. ( and a nasty cold lingering here too so I feel blah too)

MsMarieH great job on getting those windows paid so quickly.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Wow, December already. Where has the year gone. We are lucky to be able to have our DD and 4 grandchildren with us to bring the magic of the Christmas season back into our home. ( I haven't put up a tree in years, but needed to this year with 4 littles here.) They absolutely loved being able to decorate the tree. I have Christmas bells that play carols, Well, I think I will be sick of those songs really quick. They play them all day long and the tree has only been up 2 days so far. It has a little remote with it that they can use and they think it is so fun.
    I have been thinking on next year for my own personal goals. Got my goals done for this year. Next year is another story. We have had another set back which we will work through. Next years goals will be a lot slower getting done. But it is what it is. Just think how boring life would be if no hiccups happened and it just easy sailing all the time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Getting closer on the student loan - made a big dent in it in November. With holiday expenses and a large car repair bill it might not be possible to knock it out this year, but I'm still hoping! We have also made it through another barrier on the road to getting DH's disability payments approved. It has felt like a neverending story, with constant requests for more documentation. But now they are saying we can send everythign in for review and a final decision. It will still take several months before we have an answer, but at this point any answer is a good answer.

Student loan #1: $9 000 (done)
    House renovation: $35 500 (done)
    Full size EF: $ 15 000 (done)
    Property lease and paperwork: $10 000 (done)

Mortgage/extra EF: $7000 ($43 000 left)
    Student loan #2: $22 200 ($ 4 800 left)
    Index fund and stocks: $10 800 ($600 left in 2019)
    Mortgage main part: 0 ($115 000 left)
    Total paid/saved: $214 900
    Total goal: $304 900
    To do: $90 000

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got a big paycheck yesterday with normal pay + all the PTO I've been collecting for the last year - and the last student loan is gone! YAY!

Student loan #2: $27 000 (done!)

Mortgage/extra EF: $7000 ($43 000 left)
    Index fund and stocks: $10 800 ($600 left in 2019)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Near the end of the year. It is amazing how much I was able to do this year, especially since I broke it up into little bites instead of big bites. Slow and steady, small amounts here and then and the goals were reached. I am totally planning for next year. ( big goal of 2 years ago was to have the house paid off in 5 years. I am planning on 3 years now and hope to be able to do that~~~~~ lofty goal but I think it is doable) so Next years goals are......... fully fund our retirement accounts. pay off about 1/3 of the total left on the house. and of course add to my CD's coming due and if possible do a couple more CD's. We are also still helping one son in college, and have a DD and grandchildren to help provide for too...... long story I am not going into here. So super big goals for next year and if I plan right I can do it all.

How did you do for the year....... goals met, hiccups along the way...... we had both of those things. We just did a regroup and go again. Merry Christmas all, enjoy your holiday season.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We are still waiting to hear back from the bank re: refi. We sent in our appeal for the appraisal and am waiting. Since it's been a while to do all of this, we had to resend pay stubs and end of the year earnings. Not sure why as it hasn't changed....I feel like the bank is dragging its feet for some reason. DH thinks it's because we locked in a low rate- 3.8%. We originally started this in October, the appraiser got here the week of Thanksgiving and we wait.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

well dh got his inheritance so will be putting some on mortgage, some in his retirement fund and pay off debts. came faster then we thought it would. kids have some too but they have to wait until they are legal age and it will help w college. since there is penalty for paying more then the allowed amount but since he got the money before end of year he can pay it this year and then wait a few months and pay again. same w retirement put in what works and then again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got the last paycheck, so I'm closing up the year today. Our goal for 2019 was very ambitious, and I'm a bit shocked that we nearly made it. If we include interest and growth from stocks and mutual funds, we got within 96 %. But even better, our life is much less stressfull:
    -all students loans are gone, the only debt left is the mortgage
    -the major house renovations are completed. I can't say I notice a big difference in the heating bill, but it is a lot more comfortable!
    -we own the land, free and clear, and the municipality has confirmed that everything is up to code. Had a visit from the fire department before Christmas, and the only fault they could find was that the backup fire extinguisher was getting a bit old.
    -the paperwork for DHs disability has been completed, and is currently being processed. The result will come in April/May, and until then there is nothing more we are required to to.

Student loan #2: $27 000 (done!)
    Index fund and stocks: $11 400 (done for 2019)

Mortgage/extra EF: $8000 ($42 000 left)

Goal 2019: $50 000
    Total 2019: $ 45 500

Total paid/saved: $115 900
    Total goal: $272 900
    To do: $157 000

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Gaja, what a fabulous year you have had! Well done!
    2020 Pay Off Debt Challenge: $25,675.45/$25,676.45 (Goal COMPLETED: Pay Off By 12/30/2020)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456