I'm ( fill in the blank) and this is 2020 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Our roth acct keeps changing the way you add money to it. when we first opened it, we just went in, Then a year later you had to do it totally online, Then it went back to going in to add to it, and now it has changed again to where I will need to mail it off. I just wish they would decide and keep it one way instead of changing it every year. ug. so I can still go in before the end of the month to add to it and then Feb 1 will need to go to mailing it in. To me, this changes how I will add to that account. So now deciding how to proceed for the year on those accounts. I do have some money set aside for both IRA's to add to them.
    as for my mortgage goal, things going along well there. A couple more small bills I wasn't expecting popped up so will get those out of the way first and then plow through with my other goals.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Was able to add to both the Ira's today. Small and steady is the way to go.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thought we had paid off one bill, but I guess there were some charges that came in after. We had drop shipped something to ds and I guess it took a while before it posted. Luckily it's a no interest purchase, so I have 6 months to pay it with no interest charges. We tried to up our HSA contribution, we'll see next payday if it took, or if we have to wait for enrollment time. Dh used about half or our HSA with his latest medical emergency. Need to get that back up. He'll have a lifetime of doctor visits and meds. Hopefully no more major issues.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My goal is to pay off at least one dr. bill each month and put money in a savings account for an emergency fund. I own my car and home, but DH wants to retire and he is scared. I have been taking mystery shopping jobs to put funds in the account. I am very frugal with meals and really don’t spend a lot on clothing, etc. I garden and put up food in the freezer. I have two small loans that I want to pay off this year. It’s going to be tough, but we can do it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Welcome, Grammarbug. Glad to have you here with us. I hope to be able to get in to add to our Roth acct today. Will depend on if I can get my sewing jobs finished or at least started this morning. ( thank goodness no rush on the sewing jobs.)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We haven't closed on the refi yet. Since it's been mths since we started this, the rates have gone down. Luckily, our lender has waived the fee ($500) to cancel the current locked in rate and lock in the lower rate. That saves us the fee and an additional $70/mth in mortgage payments. Plus, our term is 20 years.

The cost for DS'2's semester is $3380. He will use savings to pay it. I rented books online from Amazon instead of buying them. The college offers a free class in May, so he'll take advantage of it. I have no idea how much classes will be in the summer just yet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

January is over, and the result was quite good. I was aiming for $500 more in the savings account, but since DD lost one of her hearing aids through her own fault, we had to replace it out of pocket. But we are still on track to reach our savings goals for the year.

Index fund and stocks: $12 400 ($11 000 left in 2020)
    Mortgage/extra EF: $10000 ($40 000 left)
    Mortgage main part: 0 ($115 000 left)
    Solar energy and EV charging: 0 ($6000 left)
    Student loan #1: $9 000 (done)
    House renovation: $35 500 (done)
    Full size EF: $ 15 000 (done)
    Property lease and paperwork: $10 000 (done)
    Student loan #2: $27 000 (done)

Total 2020: $ 3000 ($27 000 left)

Total paid/saved: $118 900
    Total goal: $290 900
    To do: $172 000
    Total paid/saved: $118 900
    Total goal: $290 900
    To do: $172 000

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Was able to add more to the Roth before they changed the way they accept funds for it. January ended on track for all my goals. Hoping February is the same or hoping I can get more in those categories.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Paid off the credit card that I thought was paid. Then paid home depot. We saved $50 by opening an account. We were ready to pay cash, but we couldn't pass up the offer. Both of those are zero balances. Paid off the computer store, only to add to it. We have 6 months no interest and will get that paid off before the interest hits. It's a good thing we did put that part of the computer on credit because ds needed some assistance. He will pay us back. He always has. He's waiting for a few payments from the military from moving, etc. and then will pay us back. There's more to the story, but I'll leave it at that. Also paid my other credit card that is used for things like netflix. Paying it off every month. The home depot bill came. I guess when we paid it off, some of the charges hadn't posted. So will be paying that off over the next few months. We're doing pretty good with not adding a lot of debt. The computer was more than we had originally planned so we decided to put it on with no interest just in case there was an emergency. And there was. I've been really good about paying the no interest parts off before the interest is added. Those balances are my priorities.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

nice work everyone. Keep remembering small and steady works. baby steps!!!!. plan this week to head into town to add to my IRA tomorrow. Hope I can make it in there. working on some sewing yesterday and hope to finish off today a few small projects. and of course bills to pay. ( a little upset that they added a " rain tax bill" to us for storm water and we are on a well and septic and do not use the public system for water so being taxed for something we don't us GRRR!)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

A rain tax fee?! What a joke. I'd complain about that. One county was handing out penalties to anyone that collected rain water. They said that the people don't own the rain and the county needs the rain to support the surface water so it can charge the people for water use. For years, this went on until the law got changed and nobody gets financially penalized for collecting rain water.

I paid the college tuition but then a class was dropped, So a refund check will be sent to me. I'm still waiting for the $500 refund from therapy that I overpaid. That will go to the emergency fund.

I paid my dental bill. And both CC's.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Oh yes, we are complaining about it. as are others in our area. It was kind of snuck through and even though they had an open forum to discuss this, it didn't matter as they had already formed their opinion and voted without the consent of agreement of those not on the sewer system. It is a major joke and we are upset. Of course if you don't pay it, they will put a lien on the home and start taking it away from you. this is totally a result of mismanagement of funds they already had that wasn't used the way it was supposed to and so we are paying for their misuse of funds!
    Not feeling the greatest today and DGD ( she is only 2) came in super early to our bed and is now wanting breakfast, even though the rest of the kids are still sound asleep, so I am up and feeling rotten. blah! I am not going to make it in to town to add any to the retirement accounts today.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We pay storm water fees here too, based on what % of your land is covered by house or driveway. They say that water runs off into the sewer/ street drains. If you have a big paved lot and rain runs into the street it can cause flooding. It is the largest part of our "water" bill. Totally agree that it is stupid, but they will get $$ from you some other way if they can. Fortunately we are not in an arid part of the country and they don't prevent us from having water barrels, but last couple of years we have had so much rain we have not needed them.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

what that is the dumbest thing I have heard for a long time rain tax storm water tax... please don't let them hear about that up here they would make a mint and they already up taxes all the time.

really w us it is just the boring stuff dh has money going in every month to my retirement fund. we paid extra on mortgage very month. has to be automatic because we forget. don't know what light bulb switch from huffing and puffing about any mention of money to actually doing what was discussed without me mentioning it w his inheritance w mil. here your inheritances are your own so technically he doesn't have to share but he did paid off line of credit, put money in retirement fund to go against last year so refund coming ..there is a deadline you can only put money in until end of feb for last year, money against mortgage so that is down to 7 yrs left.

ds martial arts paid for the next year and the water/sewer/garbage bill will be coming up soon $1700.00 but that is the only thing that is big outside of reg expenses. dd school is small and doesn't do big fancy grads and she wouldn't be into it at all barely wants a grad pic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12