Big Sale @ Dave Ramsey Website
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Big Sale @ Dave Ramsey Website

Dave has got lots of books and DVD's on sale for $10 with free shipping for orders over $65. Just a heads up for all you people looking to dump some debt.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You beat me to it! I heard it on his show today! 10 BUCKS! That's a sale!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Or, you could just check them out for free at the library.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Budgetmom View Post
    That you could do and I did with the TMMO book. But I like to read, reread and write in some books so I thought this was a good deal. Plus I got the money mangement software and some of his dvds for $10 each. The software itself normally sales for $29.95. I have been paitently waiting for the things I wanted to go on sale for a price I wanted to pay and it paid off.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That was my first thought, but they have the envelope system there and several other things you can't get from the library. I'm tempted to grab a few to hand out for Christmas presents.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ditto and you would not make him richer or feel guilty if you never came up with that 10% for the church.

Just saying......

I have a few of Larry Burkett's workbooks. Just about the same teaching....

Going once, going twice, Sold!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsokdee View Post
    Dave has got lots of books and DVD's on sale for $10 with free shipping for orders over $65. Just a heads up for all you people looking to dump some debt.
    WooHoo!!!!

(and you have 7 kiddos--that rocks! ) I feel like a slacker with four!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Nishu View Post
    I'm tempted to grab a few to hand out for Christmas presents.
    Great idea!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you for letting me know. My library has six people in front of me and I had decided that i would like to buy the books. I just placed my order and very exicited to get my copy and get started.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree with reading from the library and keeping the cash.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Ya know I agree with borrowing books from the library and I know you don't have to own his books and things to dump your debt. I was just passing along some information about a great sale for those people who were looking to buy some of his books, dvds, cds or software. Maybe I should have just kept my mouth shut. Oh and I do tithe 10% to my church because I want to not because he tells me too.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ya know I agree with borrowing books from the library and I know you don't have to own his books and things to dump your debt. I was just passing along some information about a great sale for those people who were looking to buy some of his books, dvds, cds or software. Maybe I should have just kept my mouth shut. Oh and I do tithe 10% to my church because I want to not because he tells me too.
    Hello, I did not quote you or what I said had nothing to do with your post.

I feel I should respond because you seem upset. My tithing comment is because of 'financial guru's' that make a killing saying basic knowledge. I have no problem giving to the church, but the 10% seems a little legalistic.(whole other can of worms)

My SIL is taking his classes at her church. I read through all his info from the big 'kit' that she bought. She payed what, a hundred bucks for something she could find on line or at a library. I agree that this guy has helped so many people from debt, his talk show is great, but he doesn't impress me with his cost to get his 'info.'

I believe a servant is worthy of hire, but this is just almost a pure rip off making him richer from his 'testimony'.

I am just saying that I have personally spent probally hundreds on books/cd's/software/etc to realize 'I just lost my money.'

Okay, I am sure I am making it worse and never wanted too. I just get sick of the rich getting richer. I should shut my trap.

Sorry. Your post was just fine.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That you could do and I did with the TMMO book. But I like to read, reread and write in some books so I thought this was a good deal. Plus I got the money mangement software and some of his dvds for $10 each. The software itself normally sales for $29.95. I have been paitently waiting for the things I wanted to go on sale for a price I wanted to pay and it paid off.
    I know exactly what you mean! I think many hardcore readers who've found a specific book to be valuable to them simply must own it.

For instance, I knew that I wanted the Complete Tightwad Gazette. So, I went to Barnes & Noble where I immediately began berating myself for wanting to spend money on a book about saving money! And anyway, the clerk said there was a copy in-store, but we couldn't find it. So I prayed. Right there in B&N. "Lord, if this is something I would use and from which my family would benefit, please make it available and ON SALE."

Within one minute the clerk returned with a smiling lady. She held the book out and chuckled, "I've carried this all over the store, but really had not come in here specifically for it. I'd decided to just buy it because I had it in hand. I really don't need it -- here." And she handed it over.

Well, that had been a two part prayer! I thought as she handed it over, "I hope it's only around $20 or I'll make a complete fool of myself by not buying it after all this trouble."

Do I need to tell you that I wept openly when I saw the $5.98 price on the sale sticker?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thank you for letting us know! I keep having to renew my TMMO book from the library, and I would love to have my own copy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Palooka View Post
    Hello, I did not quote you or what I said had nothing to do with your post.

I feel I should respond because you seem upset. My tithing comment is because of 'financial guru's' that make a killing saying basic knowledge. I have no problem giving to the church, but the 10% seems a little legalistic.(whole other can of worms)

My SIL is taking his classes at her church. I read through all his info from the big 'kit' that she bought. She payed what, a hundred bucks for something she could find on line or at a library. I agree that this guy has helped so many people from debt, his talk show is great, but he doesn't impress me with his cost to get his 'info.'

I believe a servant is worthy of hire, but this is just almost a pure rip off making him richer from his 'testimony'.

I am just saying that I have personally spent probally hundreds on books/cd's/software/etc to realize 'I just lost my money.'

Okay, I am sure I am making it worse and never wanted too. I just get sick of the rich getting richer. I should shut my trap.

Sorry. Your post was just fine.
    Dave also GIVES away a lot of his money. He teaches to get out of debt, invest for the future, and GIVE to help others!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast