Budge blown already
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Budge blown already

its pa day and ive just blown my grocery budget, i did the mistake of taking BF shopping with me and he racked up about 13.00 of 'stuff' he wanted extra, that wasnt on my list.

also i didnt get paid for 10 hours of work, which has left me 57.00 short. not a good day!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Bournecrazy View Post
    its pa day and ive just blown my grocery budget, i did the mistake of taking BF shopping with me and he racked up about 13.00 of 'stuff' he wanted extra, that wasnt on my list.
    Why isn't BF paying for his own "stuff"? Honey you gotta learn to say no!

also i didnt get paid for 10 hours of work, which has left me 57.00 short. not a good day!
    Ouch! Have you talked to work about this? When will this get corrected?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

i have to see boss tomorrow as he wasnt in today. oh and i wasnt the only one this happened too.

His 'stuff' included things like pies for dinners, crisps, yogharts - ediable stuff but it soon adds up, he pays for the petrol and the car payments so i cant blame him if he wants something now and then.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i have to see boss tomorrow as he wasnt in today. oh and i wasnt the only one this happened too.

His 'stuff' included things like pies for dinners, crisps, yogharts - ediable stuff but it soon adds up, he pays for the petrol and the car payments so i cant blame him if he wants something now and then.
    If your financial role with the BF is one of partial marriage (ie: sharing expenses), then you and he need to be on the same page with finances.

If you're not on the same page, you have two options - separate your finances completely, or give up trying to be on a budget. You cannot successfully maintain a budget for one when two people are living on it, and one person alone cannot successfully operate a budget for two.

I'm sorry that you've had this frustration, particularly for work, but the budget/grocery situation is, I'm sorry to say, one that could have been avoided, and as long as you keep trying to squeeze orange juice (1 person budget) from a lemon (2 ppl spending), you're going to keep getting sour drinks (short on $).

So (((HUGS))), and now figure out how to prevent this from happening again!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

its how we've always done it he pay petrol (40.00 every two weeks) and i pay 30.00 average every two weeks for food plus any other items we need from the store. we end up paying the same out. every thing is even for us, he has 140.00 car payment and i have a 120.00 loan payment (used to pay for his old car and our holiday) - (bad idea i know) plus i pay out 60.00 a month for the insurance, it works out better for both of us to do it this way, any other costs we need we will generally split, like the car needs a MOT and service next week so we will split any costs that happen from that.

We have seperate accounts for now, but when we get our own place together we will have everything in a joint account. but like i said it works out better this way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have seperate accounts for now, but when we get our own place together we will have everything in a joint account.
    NO joint account unless you are married!! (and maybe not even then if you are not on the same page with finances)

BTDT, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad, bad idea!!
    Last edited by Denvergirlie; 10-16-2008 at 06:23 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I understand your system "works for you". But this time it didn't- this time it broke down. Maybe see if he would cover the extras this time, considering the problem with your paycheck. It's not a big deal, but it also shows him how detailed you are about the budget, making it more real and solid in his mind without harping on him about it. You could even offer to pay him back when the salary gets figured out, just as long as you take the opportunity to show him how finely balanced your budget is. Then next time leave him at home to shop! lol

=)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Whats wrong with joint accounts?? we already have one together for our savings, but its set up so if we need to withdrawl anything both of us has to be there. Once we get our own place and have proper bills i'd like them all to come out the same account which will just be for bills, we will still have our seperate accounts for everyday costs.

As for my system it works for me, (well, us) i leave myself enough money over a payday to cover extras like if i go over on the shopping or need to get extra. Bf either pays back or does something to make up for it.

My system is like this: based monthly
    BF
    140.00 Car Payment
    80.00 Petrol
    18.00 Dentist
    TOTAL = 238.00

ME -
    118.09 - Loan,
    80.00 - Grocerys,
    58.00 - Car insurance,
    12.00 - Dentist
    TOTAL= 268.00

there isnt much in it, these are all the bills we have, thats why it works out.

btw, if anyone is interested i will be getting my 10 hours missed payments on my next payday.

not adding anymore as i have had a stressful day at work, found my car covered in lots of poop (parked under a tree) then had to follow some twit who ran a red light, and took up 2 lanes on a roundabout almost cut me up. *shakes fist*
    i am going to take my anger out on the fireworks by sticking messages on them before letting them off
    Last edited by Bournecrazy; 10-17-2008 at 12:20 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ahh, nothing gets my blood pressure going like idiot drivers who almost send me to my doom And birdies leaving their own personal autograph on my car doesn't set the tone for a leasurely drive either,

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The joint account is a terrible idea unless you are married. If you ever run across a relationship book written by Judge Judy read it. She talks about how in all her years of experience in family court the female in a non marriage relationship always ends up with the raw end of the deal when it comes to joint accounts and things like leases and loans.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Whats wrong with joint accounts??
    You are not married, do not combine finances until you are.

What happens if the relationship falls apart? You could clean out the account/ he could clean out the account and have no recourse.
    You/ he could right lots of bad checks knowing their inst' money in the account and you are still liable for those now bounced checks. Not to mention that you both have to be present to get one other persons name off the account, you can not just walk into the bank and tell them to take your name off the account.... it doesn't work that way. You both would need to be present and if they realtionship has failed do you really want to have to mess with a hostile partner?
    Keep your accounts separte if you are not married.

Now you can still split the bills, but you are basically room mates, I don't know any room mates that have joint accounts as that would be foolish.
    Last edited by Denvergirlie; 10-19-2008 at 11:00 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Denvergirlie View Post
    You are not married, do not combine finances until you are.
    we DO NOT combine our income into a joint account, we have seperate bank accounts

we only have a joint account for our savings, and the only way to withdrawl cash out of it if we ever did split up we would both have to be there and both have to sign before we would get the cash but i doubt that will happen

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

we DO NOT combine our income into a joint account, we have seperate bank accounts
    Up above you said that you would have joint accounts, thus my response. But now you are saying that you are not going to have them?

Quote Originally Posted by Bournecrazy
    We have seperate accounts for now, but when we get our own place together we will have everything in a joint account.
    As for joint savings, not even certain that is a good idea... what if you/he were in an accident? From what you are now saying the money can not be accessed unless both parties are present? Not certain if that is the best plan all in all.

I won't "harp" on you anymore about the joint accounts but do urge you to rethink it all. Best of luck to you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

i do the things i do as they work for me at the moment and has done for a while but things might change in the future and if they do ill change what i do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Whats wrong with joint accounts?? we already have one together for our savings, but its set up so if we need to withdrawl anything both of us has to be there. Once we get our own place and have proper bills i'd like them all to come out the same account which will just be for bills, we will still have our seperate accounts for everyday costs.

As for my system it works for me, (well, us) i leave myself enough money over a payday to cover extras like if i go over on the shopping or need to get extra. Bf either pays back or does something to make up for it.

My system is like this: based monthly
    BF
    140.00 Car Payment
    80.00 Petrol
    18.00 Dentist
    TOTAL = 238.00

ME -
    118.09 - Loan,
    80.00 - Grocerys,
    58.00 - Car insurance,
    12.00 - Dentist
    TOTAL= 268.00

there isnt much in it, these are all the bills we have, thats why it works out.

btw, if anyone is interested i will be getting my 10 hours missed payments on my next payday.

not adding anymore as i have had a stressful day at work, found my car covered in lots of poop (parked under a tree) then had to follow some twit who ran a red light, and took up 2 lanes on a roundabout almost cut me up. *shakes fist*
    i am going to take my anger out on the fireworks by sticking messages on them before letting them off
    What's wrong with Joint Accounts? Umm, well for starters when I broke up with my Ex Fiance, out of spite he withdrew ALL the money from OUR joint account. Thankfully it was only a savings account with not much in it. But I'm sure you get the idea now. And your budget seems like YOU pay more in the long run. If one is going to split everything down the middle, then split it down the middle. You pay your fair share, but make sure he pays his as well. Took me just 1 time to get screwed over by some bloke to make sure it never happened to me again.
    Last edited by PAVallygrl; 10-20-2008 at 01:06 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast