Seasonal Consignment Sales

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Seasonal Consignment Sales

I don't know if these are something peculiar to this region of the country, but there are several local bi-annual consignment sales, mainly selling kids' clothes and toys. At the one where I consign, you earn 65% normally or 70% if you work as a volunteer for three 8 hours shifts. I like it because I can stock up on almost everything I need for DD, and get cash back for some of her clothes she's outgrown.

Does anyone else have these in their area?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I've never heard of that before. Around here, none of our consignment shops allow you to volunteer, so that is new to me.

Sounds like you've got a pretty good deal going. Around here, you usually only get 40% on consingment. When I had my shop, we did 40%, if you took it in cash, but you did get 60% if you took it in store credit.

Around here, our shops have end of season sales. The end of summer, I can get the boys summer clothes for the next year for well under a buck. They need new coats for next year, so I am watching and waiting for the shops to start doing winter sales!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I try to buy most of my clothes at consignment, but I've never heard of a consignment sale like the one you've described.

I don't bother to sell at consignment because they only pay 40% of what they get for your item and they reduce the prices on your items ever 30 days, so usually you end up with a max of 10% of what you paid for the item. I save everything for Ebay, yard sales, or donations.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We do have a couple consignment stores in the city, however I don't go there at all. I'm not sure if they are the type you are mentioning or not. The one store is huge, however to get around the store is almost impossible. I went once and that was the last time I went.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile

There are a couple of designer consignment shops
    not far from where I live but I have never heard
    of them offering what you have explained.
    Not a bad deal.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, I've gotten about 50 things tagged so far -- I'm trying to go through DD's old toys, and that's the time consuming part! It really does end up being a great opportunity -- there are three here in my city, two in adjacent towns, and another HUGE sale in a town about an hour away. I try to stock up on spring/summer clothes at this sale, then fall/winter things at the sale in August. It's great for putting things back for Christmas and birthdays too!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a bi annual consignment sale here. The sale is a weekend (Thursday through Saturday) They have a Spring/summer one and a fall/winter one.

They give you 60% of the sale and you can earn up to 70% if you refer people that consign or if you volunteer to help X number of hours. There is a Fee to be a consigner of $5.

Worker get to buy first, than consigners, then opens to the public.

Some people take some time off work on Friday to go to the sale

I have not been able to get everything my kids need at the sales and I generally have a short list of their needs. I think it all depends on who is selling their stuff (If their children just out grew the size and stuff your children need) and who has stopped by to buy before you.

I have a friend that shops the Thrift shops, and children consignment shops for her children and she is always has sticker shock at the twice a year consignment sale prices.

A few of friends run the sale. So they make 30% to 40% off each sale plus the consigner fee. They consider this their job and work at it all year long.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by NovaMater View Post
    I don't know if these are something peculiar to this region of the country, but there are several local bi-annual consignment sales, mainly selling kids' clothes and toys. At the one where I consign, you earn 65% normally or 70% if you work as a volunteer for three 8 hours shifts. I like it because I can stock up on almost everything I need for DD, and get cash back for some of her clothes she's outgrown.

Does anyone else have these in their area?
    I assume you are talking about "Just Between Friends"?

You can go to their website and see all the upcoming consignment sales and locations.
    http://www.jbfsale.com/home/

We took part of two of their local sales back in August & September, made some money but not certain if it was worth all the work we had to do in terms of getting the stuff ready for sale.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's the same concept, but the ones here are locally owned and operated; the one I consign at is called Kids Carousel, and there are several other local ones as well. I hadn't realized someone had franchised the idea!