Cost of cable bill is lower!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Cost of cable bill is lower!

My boyfriend was discussing cable yesterday with a friend at work. His friend told him that he pays about 110 dollars a month for his TV, phone and internet package AND had a sports package and movie package on the TV. We were paying 153 a month for TV, internet and phone and had no extra packages. My boyfriend called yesterday to see if they could lower our bill or at least give us a movie package cheap. The first guy he spoke to said he could give us a 5 dollar discount and my BF refused that. So without any other offers he told my BF that he was transfer him over to the cancellation department. Apparently he didnt want our business. My BF asked to speak to someone else. He got someone else on the phone and ended up dropping our bill to 102 dollars! The guy also gave my BF his extension # and said to call him directly if he wants to get some sort of movie package and he'll make sure it's discounted. They must have chitchatted on the phone for 30 minutes. My boyfriend is an awesome negotiator!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This happened to us last week also. I opened the bill from our local cable company and it was for $189! I went crazy...it had been $155 or so, and I thought that was really bad. We have no premium packages on our cable. So my husband called them. When he got off the phone our bill had been reduced to $102 and the only service we lost was unlimited long distance. We never use our land line for long distance anyways. We use our cell phones for that. It pays to call them....it's ridiculous that they had priced themselves so high to begin with.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good for him for not giving up. That wasn't very good customer service at first on their part.

I have internet only for $42.33. I call every six months and ask for a deal.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm so glad he called, the price is way too high and we get nothing buy basic channels. I still can't believe the guy offered him a 5 dollar discount and when my BF said no he just gave up and wanted to transfer him to the cancellation department. I wonder how many customers they lose that way.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great job. Any reduction is good!