Worked today and every hour that passed put the biggest smile on my face!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default Worked today and every hour that passed put the biggest smile on my face!

(I already posted this in the money challenge section but wanted to share my post here as well )

Because every hour I kept thinking...yup, another $10 or so to put towards my emergency fund

That is what I kept thinking as that is one of my jobs that goes towards beefing up my baby emergency fund and after that all of those hours will go towards paying off my visa. I also have another 5 hours tomorrow to work there plus I picked up another haircut for tomorrow.

Although tomorrow I will be working 3 jobs and it will be a 15 hour work day I just don't mind at all cause I know the light at the end of the tunnel is going to happen sooner than later.

It really is like a heavy weight being lifted from my shoulders. Freedom, I can't wait and it Will Happen.

Now I am getting ready to head to my other job which pays for my regular bills. What a great feeling!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You have a great attitude! Keep it up, you'll be there in no time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You have a wonderful attitude that is going to help you reach your goals. I am so excited for you. Keep up the good work!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Posts like this one inspire me to work harder and love more. thank you.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It is so refreshing to see someone grateful and happy to be working as much as they can instead of complaining they work too much!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Thanks Everyone

I figure my paycheck from the dollar store next week will take me to over the 1/2 mark with my baby emergency fund.

I was telling my boss at the Esso garage yesterday my goals with the baby steps and she wanted to borrow my book (she had never heard of Dave Ramsey). I took my book for her to borrow on my evening shift last night and today I asked her if she had a chance to go over it, she was already up to 200 pages! This evening when we finished work she said that she was going home and straight to bed with my total money make over book lol! I think I may be able to get a couple of extra hours there now too as she mentioned to me that on Sunday evenings when I work (we close at 9 pm) I can stay an extra hour and get paid to do some extra cleaning and stocking! I am thrilled to say the least

Today has been a Great day

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Your attitude seriously made me smile!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

THanks for posting. It is a great way to look at the clock instead of how long you will be there. Are you selling all your extra stuff right now too?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

This made me smile! and makes me think well maybe I can tolerate this job also! Thanks for that

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ARCMOMMY View Post
    THanks for posting. It is a great way to look at the clock instead of how long you will be there. Are you selling all your extra stuff right now too?
    I honestly don't have many things at all. I moved back home almost 3 years ago to take care of one of my best friends who was dying of cancer. I remember thinking life is too short and I decided to stay at home close to my mom. The only things that I have from my past is my (now) 12 year old car, my cat Edward, a roaster clock, and a bronze rod iron candle holder which holds 5 big round candles and hangs on a wall (which I have stored in the basement). I had forgotten about the candle holder though until the other day and I had paid way back for it $125 and I am thinking that I will get my friend to take a picture of it and try to sell it on our community site for maybe $50? It really is beautiful, just not practical for me lol.

the clothes in which I do have were all given to me by friends I like to think of it as recycled lol, and any of the one's in which I didn't want I donated to Sister Bonnie's here in town. Matter of fact I saw Sister Bonnie the other day and I told her that as soon as I can I want to start going down there to volunteer a few hours a week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KimZ View Post
    This made me smile! and makes me think well maybe I can tolerate this job also! Thanks for that
    It really does help, I honestly get excited now when I go to work and have a spring to my step!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nodmicks View Post
    Your attitude seriously made me smile!
    Thanks for that! I have been smiling lot's lately

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

You're doing great, keep up the good work!

But remember... don't forget to treat yourself, no matter how small, so you don't get burned out.
    ~Russ

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    You're doing great, keep up the good work!

But remember... don't forget to treat yourself, no matter how small, so you don't get burned out.
    thanks Russ I did not work today, I had a "me" day to rejuvenate I puttered around the house, then was able to read a book for a bit then take a 2 hour nap lol.

We are having a poker night tonight where we are having friends/ family come over and we spend about $5 each for the evening of entertainment. I usually pick up a couple of king cans of beer but guess what???? I have Apple Juice already at home and I love Apple juice lol. So there is $6 in savings right there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well, another busy day booked for tomorrow YAY! I have a haircut at 8a.m then off to the doller store from 9a.m till 2:30pm and after that I have booked 4 more haircuts!!

The haircuts will be cash tomorrow so guess what? I will be heading off to the bank right after and every cent will go towards my baby emergency fund, I will have a minimum of $70 to add to it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast