Help!!!! Spending too much money!
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Exclamation Help!!!! Spending too much money!

Help! I am spending soooo much money....new clothes, food, workout wear, lingerie shoes.....etc...etc. I only work part time, so part of the problem is I have time to daydream new things I "need"!! Because of the SARS, it is not plausible for me to try to get another part time nursing job (you are prohibited from working at two hospitals, although because of the rarity of full time positions for nurses, that's what is most available, but that's another thread!)
    So how do I stop spending money?

I am working an average of 32 hrs/week and I am trying to fill my time working out and being online, cleaning house, reading etc...but I am bored!

My household bills are covered, I just would like to start saving money and pay off a little debt (about 600$)

Any suggestions, tips to stay out of the mall?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Do you have time to do some sort of charity work? Help out, at a food shelf, or some other thing you want to help with. If you are thinking of others maybe you want think of your wants as much, and maybe even more gratful for what you have and encurage you to save more so you don't ever need to use the services of some sort of charitable org.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I go through spells like this too! I think we have all had our moments. I love to go shopping but money wise...I just can't do it. So I will just leave the check book and ATM card at home and take a small amount of cash with me. This way I don't have access to more money and if I find an item I really want then I have to go back home to get the money. Usually by then I've talked myself out of what I just had to have.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Great tip Daphne!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks....looks like I just have to bite the bullet and NOT spend anymore money!!!! It is hard, but I can do it....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Theresa, you can do it. Remember though, there is nothing wrong with wanting to spend a bit of money, its when we go overboard with it.

One thing I've found throughout life, is when I'm bored I need to find something to do. Before I use to walk the malls and spend. Now I walk the streets, do a hobby, volunteer. It takes away the boredom and I find I don't spend as many $$ and I also don't eat!!

Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob baronmom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just don't go to the mall. That way I am not tempted to spend what I don't have. As long as I stay away from the stores, the temptation is there in the back of my mind to go and spend the money, but I can control it better by staying home.

Traci

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Theresa, I don't have great advice to give you, but maybe you could say, that in this time in your life, with your new boyfriend and all, you needed to spend on those things. Just realizing that you spend too much, I think it's a great step in being frugal again. What do you think? Good luck!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like your thinking Lucie...yep, just being aware is the first step! And yes, I did need some of those things...but now I gotta stop and start saving for the future...cause who knows what it will bring!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Theresa, I'm sure your futur will be nothing less but beautiful and happy. And I wish the best!