7 smart ways to save money, cut expenses from your budget in 2019
    Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default 7 smart ways to save money, cut expenses from your budget in 2019

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ps/2374553002/

"Here are some less painful things you can cut from your budget in 2019."
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good tips and I just love the Economides family!

Since DH started losing his jobs in the late 90's and 2000's, I had to really get creative to save money. I worked a small job for minimum wage (less than $5/hr) and keep a lot of those ideas today. I have bartered for pears with a lady a mile away and gave her black walnuts from our tree. I've bartered on craigslist as well. If we don't pay a medical bill immediately, we find that offices may send a reduced bill later on. I've found that canned and frozen fruits are sometimes cheaper than fresh. Just compare them by the pound. I have many ideas that would take up a lot of space, but you get the idea....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We haven't bought paper towels since the beginning the year. We have over two dozen wash clothes we use to clean up messes. We use them once and they get thrown in the washer or hamper. We put the wash clothes over food in the microwave to heat up the food faster and to reduce food going every where. Every once in a while I will bleach them. We rarely use the dryer to dry clothes we put our clothes on dryer racks or the clothes line.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ziggee, there are plastic domes you can buy, sometimes at dollar stores, to go over microwave food.

We do all those things on the list, except the programmable thermostat which I still think does not save money.

We've started using cloth napkins and ignoring the stains. They look terrible but they're clean. It's just us so it's not worth trying to remove the stains.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD send me your address and I will send you some napkins....I had a ton and most are new....I'm serious....I'm paying it forward all this month for my birthday.....
    We can't hang our clothes out....HOA would have a heart attack....
    Everything is computer controlled....lights...a/c....hot water heater....thermostat...
    I refused to buy paper plates last month but broke down and purchase a package....I told husband I have a ton of plates and I need to start using them so no need to buy paper plates....
    I confess we use too many paper towels....I use them to cover things in microwave...put my toast on in the morning...if I make a sandwich I put on paper towel instead of a plate....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Oh, Peg, that's so sweet! But I have a ton, too! That's really why we started using cloth, because I want to whittle them down. Thanks so much for thinking of me, though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

SD No problem....I love linens and I finally realized I will never use all of what I have....My kids aren't interested....my daughter doesn't even have a table (she doesn't want to be like her mother...lol)….I do change out my table just about every week tho….it makes me happy.....I work with teen moms and I have been giving some of my favorites linens with the hope they will make their table look pretty....food tastes so much better when they are served on a pretty table....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Peg, I think your linens will have a better home with the deserving people you help than with me. That's so nice of you.