What will you do with the Stimuklus Check?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default What will you do with the Stimuklus Check?

I've been reading articles on ideas about where the stimulus money should go and a podcast about what one family will do ..Some will add to their emergency fund, stop putting $ into 529 college funds, pay bills....

Here, it will be used to pay bills, help pay college tuition and a little in the emergency fund.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'll be shocked if that money actually shows up, considering the clown show.

If it does, we will be putting a lot of it into a food stockpile to see us through the second wave, third wave, however many waves it takes before there's a vaccine in a couple years. This isn't going to be over anytime soon.

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It will go in the bank to be spent or invested as needed. We have few expenses, fewer while sitting at home, and not many "wants" that we can't already pay for. Honestly not expecting another 2-3 month shutdown for the fall flu season, but DH can and will WFH if required. Doing reasonably well with my stockpile, will replenish later out of normal grocery funds.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ours will be going in the bank. Nothing we need and being out of work, we won't be buying any wants. Not that I can think of any anyway!
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm passing mine through to people who live on much less than I do. My debt is cleared and for now I'm being paid full wages to work from home.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

my income has not been affected so I will likely donate the whole thing to the food shelf where I volunteer and other social service agencies in the area.
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

That is so very generous of you both!
    I'm too busy working on my own grass to notice if yours is greener.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Mine is going into the bank until this craziness has subsided. We are saving for either a pond or a whole house generator. I'm leaning towards a pond so we can me more self sufficient and we have friend who will let us get fish from their ponds for free.
    2020 Goals:
    Pay off Ohio House - PAID OFF!! March 2020
    Save for whole house generator - $0/$15,000 (Guess amount, no quote)
    Fully Fund all Retirement Accounts & HSA - $12,500/$43,000
    Save for fruit trees - $0/$2,000 (by December)
    Survive Outage - 6-12s for 3-6 months.....love the pay, hate the hours
    Save for pond....now a 2022 goal

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ours will go in the bank....we had to pay taxes this year so this will just replace what we paid. There is nothing we need.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We have a bathroom that basically needs a gut job due to a bathtub that has many cracks in it. No idea why except it was a dud. Floor under it is starting to go and the outside wall has no wall. Again no idea. Not gonna be cheap. So it will go toward the gut job.
    Bank of America is THE godfather of Hell with Wells Fargo running neck and neck. When the world ends the only things that will be left are cockroaches, Walmart, Wells Fargo and Bank of America. Not necessarily in that order. The order remains to be seen.

Challenges
    Coupon/Sales Challenge Feb
    $8.00

Grocery Challenge/Feb
    Goal $250.00
    Total $33.55

Eat Out No More Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp/8

No Spend Challenge/Feb
    Goal 20
    Accomp 4

Change Jar 2020
    $

Christmas Fund 2020
    $

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Got mine today!!
    Make America Kind Again.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There are so many things I'd like to do with that money. New dryer, new freezer, new bathroom/shower, extra driveway. I think the only thing we'll do is the driveway. We already had the money saved for that. We'll see on the others. It's not like we are desperate for the new appliances. They are old and do need to be replaced before too long. The bathroom is fine. Would like to do away with the tub. We never use it. I know, it could be a negative for selling it one day. I'm sure we'll just save the money and help friend and family that may need help.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have ordered through amazon, dog supplies for two foster groups in the area. One gets senior dogs out of shelters and places them with fosters and hopefully in a home. We sent them a good order of dog food. Another group in the area picked up a litter of puppies that was dumped . We sent them puppy formula. I wanted to send more, but there was a limit on how much I could send. I'll try next week to see if I can send more. We love pets so much and thought this was a good way to help them out. They both had amazon wish lists. We have been blessed and have been looking for ways to help those around us. Dh has helped people with broken lawn mowers and often just buys the parts needed to fix it. He's always looking for ways to help people. Dh called his sister to see if she needed anything. She was able to get unemployment and is actually doing better than when she was working.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Three weeks ago, I woke up to my dog yelping in pain. Two vet visits and $500 later, we found out that my 5 year old dog has both diabetes and Inter-vertebrae Degenerative Disc Disease (IVDD). Luckily, she didn't need back surgery and is fine after two weeks on anti-inflammatory medication. However, she needs two shots of insulin a day, prescription dog food and a trip to the vet every 10 days to get her blood glucose checked. The insulin costs $70 a month, the syringes are I think $10 a month, the prescription dog food is $60 a month and the vet visits are $200 a month (2 visits per month at $100 each). Being that I just lost my job and that I owe $950 for taxes this year, which I irresponsibly didn't save for (one emergency after the other drained my emergency fund and then my savings for taxes), $950 of the check will go towards taxes and the rest will go towards my dog's vet bills. I was self-employed and was denied for unemployment. I did some work in February and March that I haven't been paid for so I'll have a little income coming in for the next two months but after that, I have no idea what I'm going to do. I'm trying very hard not to freak out.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ally I don't know if this helps, but years ago our cat was diagnosed with diabetes. I was paying $100 a vial for his insulin. A friend of mine told me to check out Sam's club. I am a member, but you don't have to be to use the pharmacy. I spoke to the pharmacist who told me to see if my vet would approve of using their brand which apparently was Walmart/Sam's brand. It was $10 a vial and I could also get a box of 100 syringes for $12. It saved us so much $. Worth checking out if you have a Walmart or Sam's club nearby and your vet will approve and call in Rx.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast