The next step to getting rid of debt - take ownership of it!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered User beautifullyhaunted's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Ugh, I so agree. Sitting down and writing it all down and "owning" it, its rather sickening. To think I have all that debt, and nothing but a stack of papers to show for it. *sigh*
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm glad I found this site. Although we don't have cc debt, I have found that lately because DH's job is lucrative, I've been wasting so much money. Eating out and ordering in will happen much less around here! Just like someone mentioned before, I could kick myself for all I could have had in the bank!

At Frugal Village I now have a more realistic viewpoint and will definitely think twice before handing over my debit card for frivilities.

Thanks for the eye-openers everyone. After my emergency fund is fully stocked and we get our addition finished, I'm concentrating on stockpiling my daughter's college fund and paying off that mortgage!
    Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on FacebookSpurl this Post!Reddit!Wong this Post!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The simplest things seem to make the most sense! I agree 100%. My debt is my own fault and now that I'm done beating myself up over it, I have a solid plan to get out of it. I've just started as of a couple of days ago and am excited to be taking these steps.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Smile I am so proud of each of you

Yes, I am. None of us are proud of our foolish spending. But if I could, I would give you each a hug and a high 5. Keep your eye on the prize; it's doable. And think of this..... you are clearing your name, as well as your debt. Of all the things that you pass on to your children, a good name is at the top of the list. Likely, your children will catch your financial habits. Doesn't it make you feel great to know that you are giving them positive modeling?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have no one to blame but myself and you really can not buy happiness. I bought and bought and ended up with a lot of crap that needed taken care of.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12