September is almost here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default September is almost here

OK those of you who are joining the September debt reduction challenge it is count down to September. How is everyone doing at the planning stage? Have you decided what you are going to pay first or how you might get some extra money?

My first step is put away the credit cards!

Then make some extra money and put as much on my cards as possible.

Do you have you plan in place?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our goal is at least $300.00 extra to the mortgage for Sept. I want to have paid at least $3,000 additional to the mortgage by the end of the year.

Our setback was having to buy hubby a new truck but it's a new/used and the payments aren't very big at all.

I plan to do more ebaying and to get the paperwork updated on the rest of the horses and make a few sales there, and also to get a bit of the money from the sale of our cattle to put towards bills.

kj

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I want to pay off cc#1 by the end of October. My goal is to save $250 towards this in September. I currently have $325 for my August snowball.

To accomplish my goals, I have been on a spending exile and spend only for necessities. My entire focus is paying off my cc debt by summer of 2007. Then on to the fully funded emergency fund.

Shell, light a fire under us!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

my goal is too pay as much as i can this month of the lowest bill
    i am hoping to spend as little on groceries and petrol for the car as i can.

I just did my monthly shop so my aim is to stretch that as far as I can and try to stay out of the shop so i'm not tempted!. Unfortunatly I will have visitors and its Jamies Birthday in september but I should have that covered.

As far as the car goes, It was filled last week so i should be able to go all month on the tank - since school is starting if I walk every day then i shouldnt really need to use the car except for longer journeys!. Im hoping to put an extra 30 Euro to this debt on top of what i already pay.

Also I am hoping to sell a few cards!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

For September, I have $300 of snowball scheduled. I really do need to put away the one credit card I still carry. I was doing pretty good not using it but this past month I've lost control of it again. I know better than letting tempation sit around so this evening when I get home, the credit card is going in the file with the rest of them.

Registered User watchingpennies's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Since I go back to work in September, I have to start paying daycare again...during the summer I was able to put that money towards debt...so...I will try to put an extra $100 towards the cc debt for this month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Hi Shell and everyone! I am a little upset because we have property taxes due in mid-September, so all extra will be going toward that. However, for the rest of September, I can play! Will we be doing something similar to this in Oct, Nov, or Dec? I will be in a much better place then for knocking out those darn cc bills!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hi, Rachael,,,, it s your friend Sheri. What do you mean, sell some cards? Do you make greeting cards?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

hey Sheri, hmmm wonder if i could sell my credit cards - dont think anyone would want them LOL. in answer, yes I make all my own greetings cards and have started to sell some to friends, i wish i had alot of time to build up a business selling them, maybe someting to think about for next year.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For september, I have re-organize our budget to weekly instead of monthly, and will try envelope system, so we can stick to it. We have been going over our budget about $200 every month.
    We will also pay off CC#1 by the end of september. Then we can start snow-ball to pay for CC#2 (owe $2200).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've signed on to work on the Labor Day Holiday, so 8 extra hours of pay going straight to debt. Also planning to continue being militant about power usage and taking my lunch to work every day. I've been doing this for several weeks and gawd, do those fast food lunches add up! (In dollars and pounds!) Plan to combine my errands with the drive home from work to save gas ($3.06 a gallon as of yesterday, might revert to pedal power if it goes any higher).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have signed up for two extra shifts, with the money going directly to the bank debit. Get my hubby back to work, to help out with the bills. With all the kids back to school, I'll put extra towards the CC debit.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by carolyns View Post
    Will we be doing something similar to this in Oct, Nov, or Dec? I will be in a much better place then for knocking out those darn cc bills!

I am planning on doing this for about a year. So let's all get debt free!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ok, can someone lead me to the "envelope system"????

I'm sure there is a post on here explaining it, but where????

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

DH and I are cutting out living costs a little to have extra for our credit cards...our goal is to have them paid off by October 1st!! Right now they sit at... $475.57 on one card and $576.47 on the other...a total of...1052.04...eek higher than I thought!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast