ING kicked me out ?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Unhappy ING kicked me out ?

I just received a statement from ING along with some stuff about getting a mortgage with them and their new checking accounts. I look and it says my balance is 0.00 ?????
    So I get online to check it and mistakenly put in the account # instead of my customer number Just once and it states I need to call --- so I call the 888 number and get a guy named Mark who doesn't even state ING.... he just starts out as, "This is Mark, how can I help you?" I tell him what happened and he doesn't get into my account or ask account numbers or my number, name or anything. He just says that there hasn't been any activity on the account for a period of time (which I will admit....I haven't fooled with it since opening the account) and that they have closed it. So I say, "That went into my bank account, right?" and he says yes. So I then reply asking if I can rejoin and he flat out tells me no that I cannot rejoin. ???!!!??? This freaked me out. I can understand maybe they don't want "dead" accounts laying around --- it wasn't making but pennies since I hadn't really fed it anything but still that doesn't seem right to me and the rude tuff luck way he responded really surprised me. I said Thank you at the end and he didn't. He didn't say anything actually. The date the account was closed out was March 6, 2007 and I'm just now getting this ..... I immediately went into my bank account and checked it and there it was ---a deposit from ING.
    Does this sound weird to anyone? or am I just losing it?
    (and yes I will admit I should have picked up on this if I was watching my bank account more closely-----with a change in jobs at the beginning of the year--I really havent been watching anything too closely except trying to get the bills paid on time)
    I was planning on trying to start putting some "extra" money in that account as soon as I got used to my new payscale, so I'm on one hand disappointed/hurt about not being able to rejoin .... but on the other hand I'm really kinda offended to be treated so poorly by a company that I've heard nothing but positive things about (online).
    Anyone's comments would be appreciated. TIA

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Actually, a friend of mine also received the same letter your talking about, they closed her account because of inactivity, I guess maybe they feel, your not adding any money but your earning interest on that "$10" that's been in the account for months now, they are losing money, if you think about it. I can understand where they are coming from but to tell you that you cannot open another ING account is flat out wrong!

If you really want to open another ING account, just use your Dh's name and a different bank account to open it with, IDK just a thought.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

ING closed DF's account too. When the tax check comes back we are going to try to open another one at ING, if not, we will open it at Emigrants.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

that makes me feel a lot better that i'm not the only one who got their account closed.
    unfortunately (or some days fortunately haha) i don't have a dh to help me open another account with ING. but honestly after that phone call i'm unsure of them -- that was just weird. and i was thinking the same thing as you frugalmom--it seems flat out wrong to boycott me from signing back up.
    lady v i checked on the emigrant site and their interest is better than ING. if you sign up, can you let me know how it goes? im still struggling with the bills but am hoping there is a possibility for some days here and there of overtime this summer and want to save it in a good place. thanks for the response i appreciate it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

No problem... I will have to write me a sticky note to remind me... we just sent the taxes in on due day, and since we are getting a refund, I don't think we will get it soon... now... if we OWED, they would be here on the porch until they got it

I am thinking of setting up an automatic withdrawl with the new acct too. whatever the minimum automatic deposit is. It may not be a lot, but it will keep it active and we can move more money over when (if... BIG if) we have more money.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Why does it have to be ING? I've had great service from HSBC and Emigrant, and both of them pay higher interest anyway.