WOW! Who knew?

Thread: WOW! Who knew?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lightbulb WOW! Who knew?

I found this to be an eye opener.

I have a WhirlPool Duet EX large capacity front loader washer and dryer set.

I noticed pretty quick that when I put in my clothes and soap and then put it on the Normal setting it shows 40 minutes. Now I save lots of money with this set because it doesn't use alot of water and the clothes can really pack in.(I don't put too much in because I don't like wrinkles! It just makes you have to iron and the iron wastes time and pulls energy like mad.)

Anyway, I have a button on my machine that says less time and if I push it it takes 5 minutes off my washtime. JUST 5 minutes.....

For every load I push it and the numbers are....

1 load of laundry a day= 5 minutes
    7 days a week= 35 minutes saved or ONE FREE WASH LOAD
    If I save 4 LOADS a month @ 12 months a year= 48 free LOADS a year OR

6 Weeks of free laundry washed!

Soooooo, check your machine and see if you can loose 5 minutes. It REALLY adds up!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love my frontloading washer and dryer. I have a quick wash setting on my washer that I can push and it reduces the time considerably, especially if i'm doing a normal wash cycle. I love my dryer too. It has one of those sensors on it that tells it when the clothes are dry. So no more wasting energy to keep drying clothes that are dry and I no longer go to get the clothes out to find that they aren't dry!!! Love it!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can add or subtract time on mine too. BUt I dont have too becuase mine has a sensor that checks how dirty the water is, if its cleaner the machine will automaticly reduce the run time. My dryer does a normal load in 20 minutes and a heavy load like jeans in 30 to 40. It runs on a sensor also.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i have the front loads too, i love them they are so energy efficient, when i take my clothes out of the washer they are almost dry so i save when i use the dryer, when it is nice out i hang clothes out and that saves too, my DH works for appliance store installing and fixing and he says that the front loads are the best, also can put about 15 pairs of jeans in one load that saves time and sometimes that is more important

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a regular top loader, but you can run loads 6, 9, 12, or 18 minutes. I hardly ever use the 18 minute setting, except for whites with bleach (really dirty stuff), and usually use the 6 minute one for most clothes. The handbook recommends 12 minutes, but I find I don't really need that, unless I'm washing dirtier clothes, like things I've worn to work in the yard.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yep! I love my Duet!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I made the mistake of buying a Maytag Neptune frontloader three years ago! This is the ine that is horrible and I have had nothing but problems with it. It destrys clothes, takes 90 minutes to wash my kids clothes and doesn't rinse properly. I have decided to chuck it and buy a second han toploader until I can save for a Whirlpool - a toploader can't be any worse than what I currently have. It is horrible for cloth diapers as well! Anyone hate their front loader?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have the old style washer/dryer.

I have noticed that there is a "normal" setting" and "heavy" setting.

The normal just agitates at this mundate swoosh swoosh swoosh pace and the heavy goes alot faster. So what I normally do is use 1/4-1/3 of the reccomended amt of soap for a full load and cut the time down to 10 mins. Loads take 20 mins I think? I've tested this out with the normal setting too but I dont notice a diff - 10 mins is 10 mins but with more agitation in same amount of time, it does more work so why not? I save about 10 mins/load regardless if its normal or heavy.

I hang dry most of my clothes so I save time/energy there too.

One day I'll have a front loading set....its just time yet!