Frugal Village Forums banner

Aldi's TP

Tags
aldi
3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Gabe 
#1 ·
i saw someone ask about trash bags...

i wonder about toliet paper... its $1 cheaper then other store brands .. i am wondering if it compares

Normally i would buy the pink bunny kind from foodlion or basic from walmart at almost $7 per 24 roll

#2 ·
Several years ago, I used to buy Aldi TP all the time. Then I did the math and discovered that square footage wise, it is not a bargain. Same with Angel Soft that costs about $1 and many store brands. They are cheap...but the rolls are small and don't last long. My personal favorite brand is Extra Soft Scott. Big rolls that last and there is usually a coupon that can be combined with a sale. But, lately I have been able to get Cottonelle free...so that is what we have been using. The rolls are small, but the price is right. ;)

#4 ·
Thanks ... here lately i have been using charmin ( the rolls last me a pretty long time NOW atleast... right after giving birth i was going through TP like CRAZY!!... i was seriously tempted to buy a ton of wash cloths and use them instead of tp!! but then things calmed back down ) and price wise way close to the store brand ( expecially with coupons) .... i am going to have to check out Scott Extra Soft.. used to be scott was like trying to wipe with a scrubbie

#5 ·
I guess it depends what you are comparing it to. I've been a Scott plain old 1000 sheets user for years, and only buy it on sale for 50 cents a roll. Aldi's has a 4-pack of 1000-sheets tp for $2.29. That's 57 cents a roll. A bit higher, but I want to have an alternative for when we need it, and Scott's isn't on sale. Or I don't want to use the extra gas to buy it on sale.

I just tried the Aldi one, and it was a tiny bit thinner paper. But it wasn't bad. I'll buy it again. 57 cents is a lot better than the Scott at $1 a roll full price.

#7 ·
Best bang for the buck. Scott 1000 sheets.
:)

Warning... TMI

I prefer it to other brands that seem to break apart when I wipe and leave residuals!
+ Scott is cool they have an online community for feedback and ideas.

Join the SCOTT® Brand Community
You’ve met them, now become part of the SCOTT® Brand Common Sense Community!
Visit www.ScottCommonSense.com for more “why didn’t I think of that?” tips and ideas from their house to yours.

They give out coupons that you can print on their website.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.