'Bout fell over dead! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Interesting to see all of the reactions...Down here, we all tend to know each other's business anyhow - - so the question would not generally have been perceived as rude or nosey. I love it when folks comment on or question something I have in my buggy; heck, I even pass on coupons I am not going to use if I see someone who is about to purchase something for which I have one.

Thanks for reminding me I just might want/need to keep my mouth shut! Now, where's that embarrassed-faced emoticon anyhow???

Anna (who usually opens her mouth just to change feet)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile

I work as a cashier at Walmart. I see people spend $200 to $300 a week on food, sometimes only for two people. What do they buy? Cases of pop, snacks, TV dinners, frozen pizzas, convenience foods, prepared foods, hot deli food. Guess what I don't buy?

There's one rich lady that comes in several times a week and drops between $200 and $600, but she also buys clothes, DVDs, books and magazines. Yes, that's several times a week! I guess she married well.

I see nosiness all the time, but sometimes my big mouth gets me in trouble, too. I was ringing up a woman's purchases. It came to $120 or $130 dollars. She said something like, "That should hold the two of us for a week". I almost swallowed my tongue. I told her "That money would feed me and my husband for months. The last time I did a big grocery shop, I spent $30. We only eat meat once or twice a week. The rest of the time it's rice, beans, veggies, potatoes and soup." (We eat this way not only because it's better for us but it's all we can afford. That's the price you pay for running your own business.) She left and came back in 10 minutes later. She tried to give me a $20 bill! I thanked her, but said I could be fired for taking it. Darn, I could have gotten so much for that $20, though.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am just beyond words. How could 4 people eat that much food in a week??

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

If that's truly what they spend every week, that's ALMOST criminal.

Oh, well, you know what they say about a fool and his money being soon parted.....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I could do it if I were doing a stock up. I have went to Aldi's and spent $200 on 2 buggies of food and then $100 at Walmart. Some of it was cases of items, like cream soups and veggies and fruit. All that would go to help supplement what I would get on a weekly basis otherwise. When I did that, I was out of everything. People looked at me like I was crazy. I didn't care! I was doing it for my family. Maybe these people had circumstances that they wouldn't want to share. Donating food to a shelter? Buying for themselves and older parents? Teenagers over all the time? I hate to think of anyone just wasting money (and I do realize that some do). I'd rather think they were helping others.. Ok, I know that sounds like I have my head in the clouds, but it is so pretty up there!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    I'm cracking up at some of your replies!

My husband and I buy supplies for our church food pantry. One day he and an elderly, male friend were buying soap products at Dollar Tree. They had 3 carts of shampoo, dish liquid, bar soap, and laundry detergent. The people in line were giving them funny, curious looks. One lady stepped up close and said, "My that's an awful lot of detergent!" Our dry-humored-elderly-male-friend turned to her and said in a serious voice, "The circus is in town and we've been chosen to give the elephants a bath." He turned looking forward and never said another word, but my husband said all the people behind them first gasped and then realization hit and they started to chuckle. The woman who made the comment was very red faced.
    I laughed hysterically at this story. You should send it to Reader's Digest!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

She must have been fibbing. I'll bet it was a months worth of food.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by AuntSissy View Post
    Interesting to see all of the reactions...Down here, we all tend to know each other's business anyhow - - so the question would not generally have been perceived as rude or nosey.

Anna (who usually opens her mouth just to change feet)
    That's what I was thinking. Around here it would be nothing to ask that question. But I really think they must have been pulling one over on the woman who asked. But then again you never know.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I thought you was going to tell me you met the Duggars at Aldis.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm new to this; hope I do it right. I shop at several stores each week buying whats on sale; stocking up. I must be doing something right. I have no mortgage, no car payments, $1000 credit card debt and $11,000 in savings.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwin17 View Post
    I'm sure they were kidding. I would have probably said something silly like that. I could just hear my Dh saying "I think we'll probably have to come back before the week is out, I just don't think we got enough." A few weeks ago I was at CVS, and I had found some good combination deals on deodorant. I decided to get a whole bunch for stockpiling, and that was almost all I had in my cart. I had like 20 sticks of deodorant, and I was just waiting for someone to say something about it. I was going to tell them that my husband stinks really bad!
    I was reading this to my husband and laughing so hard he couldn't understand me. lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wish we had an Aldis here. The only thing we have is Sams Club

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123