Question for Save-a-Lot shoppers -
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Question for Save-a-Lot shoppers -

We shop every week at Save-a-Lot, it has always really helped our budget. Lately, I have noticed some things. The canned baked beans - what is going on ??? Since early fall, whenever we buy them, there is so much liquid in the can, it only contains about 2/3 of a can of beans. Also, the same thing with their tuna - only about 2/3 of a can. The marked weight is the same, so I guess the liquid weighs as much as the product. But, I feel like I'm being cheated!
    Then my husband opened a pack of their cookies, he had a few left of the same kind from before, and in the new pack, the cookies were smaller!
    Anybody else notice this?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I notice it in all of the stores. It makes me so mad because they are not being truthful about reducing sizes. I was in Save a Lot yesterday and did get a good buy on bananas. I will finish up at Aldi's today. It is the same there also. I guess we have to just get use to it or write the companies which they will just brush us off anyway.

Monner

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It is not the grocery stores that control this, but the manufacturers. They will either raise the price or put less in the package. Either way, you are paying more for the basic product. With the economy as it is, many manufacturers prefer to make smaller sizes since they "hope" no one will notice. We all need to be especially careful when comparing prices to note the size of the product. It is going to get worse before it gets better I fear.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just bought a 2 liter of Faygo pop yesterday @ Walmart. Guess what??? It WASN'T a 2 liter,,,,,it was 1.5 liter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do they think we're stupid or what????

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Angry

What makes me mad is most name brand ice creams are no longer 1/2 gallon containers yet the price is still the same! Like the previous poster, I agree that they must think the consumer is stupid.

QM
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Lee View Post
    I just bought a 2 liter of Faygo pop yesterday @ Walmart. Guess what??? It WASN'T a 2 liter,,,,,it was 1.5 liter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do they think we're stupid or what????
    That's awful! If there is a contact phone number or address, I'd definately contact them and let them know you expect full reimbursement. That wouldn't be a product I'd buy again, that's for sure!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Downsizing products has been going on for the past several years and has become more noticeable in the past year. All of the stores are doing it.

While it is annoying to me they do mark the difference on the lables. So if we take the time to read them we will know what we are getting for our money.

Even discount stores have to find ways to keep in business.

Banned
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There are two save-a-lots in my area and I have never shopped at either. Can someone describe what they're like? Is it like a warehouse store or a regular grocery store? I've been in the one Aldis and was not impressed. There was nothing there!!really. hardly anything there.

jas
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

just read an article that girl scouts cookies are doing the same thing. either less cookies in the box and some cookies will be smaller.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, hello, they do think we are stupid. The best thing you can do is bypass the product.