Where do you buy a mattress?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question Where do you buy a mattress?

DH and I bought a mattress when we first got married 8 years ago. It was the cheapest king size mattress we could find and it's completely breaking down on the inside. (The outside is perfect however). I haven't shopped around for mattresses, well, ever. Where should I start. I want a good quality one for less than $1000. I would love to have a new foam tempurpedic, but I'm not sure we could afford it. Any tips or advice??? If you have a mattress you love, will you tell me about it?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Big Lots and Sam's usually have good prices on Serta's.
    Also JC Penney and Macy's usually have good sales on mattresses.
    I had a fabulous Serta set that I got on sale at Conn's. Don't know if they
    have those there.
    The set I got at Conn's was a $1000 set on close out for $400.
    Check your local stores for close outs. They always have the best sales!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Big Lots, Sam's and a few other places like that do sell mattress sets although since I've never purchased any from those places I can't speak of the quality and comfort.

I've always bought ours at furniture stores. I've never bought an actual bedroom setup at a furniture but I do buy my mattress sets there. They range in prices from very affordable to very high end. And usually have several different brands so you can select the quality that fits you and the comfort you want. We usually don't skimp too much on the mattress sets because we do want them to last a long, long time and not give out on us. Not to mention I am a firm believer in saving mine and my DH's back so we go for major support and comfort as well. But saying that, I've never spent more than $1100 on a complete set and I probably never well. I would suggest you maybe look into the furniture stores around you and see the selections they offer.You may just find something in your price range and something of good quality like we've been able to do.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

DH works for Flo Beds (company that builds and ships custom beds via UPS) sometimes they have demos for sale at good savings. The phone number is 1-800-flobeds. They have a website but it does not show clearances. Don't want to pressure you but we love ours (our's is latex with wool topper) have been known to come back from vacation early because we miss our bed. DH spent alot of time stuck in bed when he broke hip last year. Hope you find a great mattress in your price range regardless of where you end up shopping.
    Last edited by hestlauss; 12-11-2008 at 10:01 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

When we were looking for our kids mattresses Sam's Club was the cheapest price.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow! Sams does have good prices. Definitely something to look into. Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm going to check them all out!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think ours are all Sertas. One was a little too firm and gave us backaches, so I got a memory foam topper from Sams Club and now it's a dream to sleep on.

Just recently purchased another mattress set and went ahead and got a foam topper for it too. I'm hooked on those now. lol

We bought ours from a mattress store,but I did notice after we bought ours, Sams club had the same mattresses cheaper though. Don't know if the quality was inferior of the same . No way to tell till you buy one and sleep on it.

I always heard though never to go too soft on a mattress. You can always soften one up with a topper but you can't make one firmer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I bought one at Slumberland in May. It's a store brand but sleeps great. On sale it was $288 for a double. Save $80 and take your old one to the thrift store and borrow a truck.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I agree with Big Lots. They have good quality mattresses and a lot less than most stores.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We got our mattress from Costco. We thought it was a reasonable price and it is very comfortable.