Anybody shop Save-A-Lot?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Anybody shop Save-A-Lot?

I just found out they have stores in Houston and there is one nearby. I printed a coupon from their website ($5 off $20 purchase). I was planning to go today, but it is supposed to rain so hubby took the truck to work instead of the motorcycle. The coupon is good until 8/5 so I have time to use it.

I am a very savvy shopper, have a HUGE stockpile, go to the grocery salvage stores once a month, etc. Hopefully Save-A-Lot will be another option/way for me to save money on groceries.

Just looking for input from others; since I can't actually go there TODAY - LOL!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have one here in the town I live in Missouri and I have shopped there a time or two.I can't really remember much about the store other than it had a good produce selection. I'm just now starting to stay away from my one stop shop Wal-Mart and trying other stores and will be trying out Save-A-Lot. Thanks for telling us about the coupon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry but I don't know how to edit my post to add this, but I also remember that it's like Aldi's where you have to bag your own groceries.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We shop at SAL quite a bit. It is like everywhere else, certain things are cheaper. We buy most of our canned goods there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks! NOT a problem if I can save money.

Quote Originally Posted by semo_mom View Post
    Sorry but I don't know how to edit my post to add this, but I also remember that it's like Aldi's where you have to bag your own groceries.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It's alot like Aldis but I but our has a great hispanic foods section that I love. Price wise i prefer aldis and I find more stuff I like there. If I didn't know about Aldis I would love SAL.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We don't have Aldi's here, that is why I was a little excited when I found out about Save-A-Lot.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a sav a lot within walking distance from my house. It is good for canned food. Most are .49 or .59 each here and the fruit and veggies are always a good deal. Paper products are also a good price. The one by my house is getting more and more name brand stuff which is kind of good but at the same time thing like lays chips and candy are much more expensive there then the regular store. You just have to know the prices on the name brand stuff to see if its a deal. You have to bring your own bags or buy theirs and you bag it yourself.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love Save A Lot...we don't have an Aldi's here. You can look at their monthly specials online. Last month they had bananas 3.bs/$1, bottles of apple juice for just $1, and flats of 30 eggs for only $1.79!

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

There is one near me that I have been in a couple times, but have never bought from. I thought their selection was pretty random, they might only have one brand of something, or not carry it at all. The produce was very limited and not fresh looking. I did not think their prices, except for the sale items, were all that special. I guess you'll have to compare yours against other places where you can shop.
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

Because we, the people, have the power to build a better future. KH

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We don't have one in town....we have nothing in town.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have both, I have not shopped at SAL in the this area, but when i lived 50 minutes from here they had several in the city, they were dirty inside. so I have not been eager to try this one by me out.I love Aldis.

jas
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have a save a lot pretty close to me and they are building an Aldi's near me also.

My save a lot is a very clean store and I have gotten some good deals on some fresh veggies and a few other things.

I have been to a couple of them that were dirty and were not in the best areas of town. The one near me is in a good area and like I said clean.

We have two Aldi that are in opposite directions from me, both are about 15 miles. The new one will be with in 2 miles and I can't wait.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Just got back from Save-A-Lot and I was NOT impressed. The store was clean, well-lit, and small, but prices weren't that good. I struggled to find $20 worth of groceries to use the $5 coupon, but I did manage. Even with the $5 off I did not walk out thinking I got a great deal.

It was not sack yourself, bring your own bags or pay for theirs either. The person in front of me purchased Save-A-Lot usable canvas bags and the clerk put them in a plastic bag! When I got to her, my reusable bags were in front of my groceries on the conveyor belt and she picked them up, looked at them, and then looked at me like I was an alien. I told her they were MY reusable bags.

I won't be going back. I can do better shopping the sales at Kroger and Walmart.

None of the stores here charge for plastic bags, but I wish they would. Kroger and Walmart do have a bin to put your used plastic bags in and hardly anyone uses them!

I am TRULY disappointed!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear you had such an awful experience. My Save A Lot has turned out to be great for what we need. Hopefully you'll be able to find better deals elsewhere!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast