Walmart pulling items from shelves - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Walmart

Does anyone think Walmart's quality is below average? Or is that just me?

Thanks,

Mark

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I don't like most of wal marts brand quality. I've done a lot of ingredient comparisons between wal mart and brand names and some are very similar, but the wal mart brand is often a watered down version. Its very much hit and miss, kinda the same with Target brand.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I generally hate Walmart and generally only pick up pet products there 1-2 a month. I will buy toys on clearance sometimes, but that's about it. I find most of their products to be overpriced for the quality. I've noticed the last 1-2 years it's hard to find a 'bargain' there anymore, and if I have to spend my $ on an item, I'd rather it be at another store. I find their meats and dairy to be expensive and their produce to be BAD. I am NOT a fan!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm not a fan of Walmart but will go there if the deal is excellent or a mm.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do not shop there any more I find the cashiers rude more so if I have coupons and they are way too slow with their check out process I perfer Shaws they double coupons and their brand name products are just as good as any other product .I find Target is more expensive with food then any where else.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, I hate Wal-Mart. For 2 years I refused to go there because I'd invariably spend 30 minutes in line waiting to be checked out every single time I went to the store. Finally I realized that with there food prices at least 20% cheaper across the board than the regular grocery stores, I couldn't afford not to shop there.

Since returning, I've found that the lines aren't nearly as bad as they used to be (but I've also been thoughtful about the times of the week and day that I go to Wal-mart so as to avoid the crowds.)

The original topic of this thread was about how many fewer name brands are on the Wal-Mart store shelves (along with other stores) since the economy has tanked.

Some have complained about the store brands that are available in place of the many off brands. Even the article cited that name brand producers make the store brands and slap the store brand label on the same product.

I buy a lot of Wal-mart brands and a lot of other store brands. They're usually 20-25% cheaper than the name brands. And I generally can't tell a difference.

What is the beef with buying store brands, anyway? If they are made by name band producers and you can't tell the difference and they're so much cheaper, it seems like a good thing.

As an aside, I bought store brand dish soap @ Sav-A-Lot once and it was really, really watered down but other than that, I've never had a problem.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

It makes financial sense for a store to not carry such a wide number of options for each type of item which then really reduces our choices.

I shop Walmart for the canned vegetables in particular - big savings compared to other stores here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I buy certain items from Walmart, a lot of pet food but not the generic kind my babies are picky little girls lol. I wait for can goods on sale and stock up heavily, usually not at Walmart.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was wondering what was going on. I've also noticed that there were not as many brands of things. One thing is Colgate shaving cream which is the only kind my son likes. I also noticed not as many brands of canned goods. I'm in a small town so this really limits me. I don't have a lot of choice in where I can shop.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wish we had a Meijers or Target closer, I'd go there instead of Walmart. Once I had a cashier who wouldn't use my coupon said it was invalid so I asked for another cashier and she had it go thru fine. duh! I go to Target once in a while and save lots w/coupons! I shop wally world for TLC & Kashi granola bars they are cheaper there and Juicy Juice too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was at Walmart this morning and there was a HUGE display of foods (mostly canned goods) that were half price. I didn't think to ask if they were discontinuing them or what. There were some health and beauty items too but mostly food. Our walmart is small.. they don't have a good selection of anything to begin with!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I was upset about deodorant. Hubby will only use spray. So when I went to pick it up there was maybe 4 brands and only a few of each. However, there was 4 shelves each with long areas devoted to stick.

As a rule I hate WM bc the overhead lights trigger migraines so avoid it as much as possible. Next time I will try the dollar store.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234