Walmart pulling items from shelves
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Walmart pulling items from shelves

I was at my local Walmart today and was shocked where there used to be 8 or 9 of some items from different companies there are now only 3 .They are trying to save on space,I was looking for Gillet men's body wash that is gone and not coming back ,some shampoo's are gone and not coming back .Great this is the only big Department store we have unless we go 60 miles north or 125 south.
    My friend that works at Walmart said there will be a lot of items that will be pulled and never to be seen again sigh wish we had a Target or Kmart or some other store to shop at this is oh well . Are your Walmarts doing this also?
    Last edited by scooby8themall; 03-07-2010 at 09:30 PM. Reason: left out words, tired can not type I guess

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I haven't heard, I"m lucky to live in an area with lots of stores. But I too call shenanigans!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

The reason that Wal-Mart is doing it is because most of the big name brands are being substituted for the generic stuff. Every time you buy their generic version, the brand name doesn't get purchased and as such, companies end up wasting capital on items that are being overlooked for the cheaper brands.

We still have Gilette Body Wash here (DH uses it) and there's at least twelve version of the same product.

It's just something going on in the US from what I see.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have noticed that a few months ago. Only generic brand or del monte green beans in my area. They want you to buy Walmart brand. They are doing it in a sneaky way!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Well there goes my price matching..that's how I've really beefed up my stockpile lately..This just pushes me more to stockpile what I can for now.. I've made a promise to myself to be more self suffient and rely less on buying from the stores..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

There was an article awhile back saying store were going to consolidate by carrying less choices. Kroger has already done it and i saved a ton on their clearance. You can expect it at all stores. They will be pushing their brands too. Just another charming outcome of the economic crunch.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It will really hurt a lot here we have Rite Aid and Hannafords and they are more expensive on their products the Gillette body wash 2 weeks ago at Walmart was 3.33 - 2.00 with a coupon made it 1.33 Rite has it for 4.59 -2.00 make sit 2.59
    Hannafords is 4.39 -2.00 =2.39
    not much wiggle room.
    FW2 maybe I'll drive 18 hours hit the sales with ya I'll bring the coupons you provide the knowledge and Boylan I like the cream flavored lol.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Cool Scooby,We can go to Meijers. Bring your little cutie ,she can look at the fishes.lol

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes ours is doing the same thing which is why I'm buying less at WM and more at the $ stores, RA, and my Giant Eagle. At least at the other places I can still use coupons, get rebates and use coupons, or they double coupons and I get what I want cheaper than WM's brand items. I spent a whopping $22 at WM Saturday. Just 2 years ago I only shopped at WM except meat and fresh fruit and veggies. DH can't even find socks anymore. Fine, I'll spend a little more money at the mall and get socks made in the USA. No skin off my back.

Cat

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

FW2 funny you should mention fish when we went to Conavent (I think that was the name of the hospital) they had a fish tank and Ashlyn just loved that she would giggle and giggle .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I know it doesn't always help with price matching...but I've always been told if you go to customer service and request that they carry a certain item the usually oblige. I don't know if they do this everywhere.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I noticed this at the end of last year at our WM. In fact, it seems to be worse in the grocery section. Now , on ea. item there will be one or two national brands and the WM brand. Some items only give you WM and one other choice. I have cut my WM shopping way down.

Our WM will not order requested items. They say it is all contolled by Corp. Headquarters.

I think it is WM's way of making you choose their brand.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

They will not order any thing special at ours either say it's pre -purchased by the home office .
    The grocery stores will special order.
    I'll just have to stock pile more and hit the big city more often (it would give me an excuse to see my family more often)
    This will become a challenge using the coupons when most products disappear.

Registered User daughter of pearl's Avatar
    I live in an eastern suburb of Toronto in Canada, near Lake Ontario and lots of park land.
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Don't think ths is happening in Canada (yet!) but the thing that made me laugh was the "trying to save on space" part! The WM in my neighbourhood is the size of a small country!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I noticed this at all stores starting about a year ago in the grocery section.

At our Wal-mart some of the items to disappear were their store brand.

They took away their store version on unsalted crackers (slot removed and filled). When they asked at our check out if I had found everything. I said no and mentioned the unsalted crackers and said I would just have to buy them at X grocery store. A month later they were back squeezed in.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast