Aldi or Market Basket?
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Aldi or Market Basket?

Both stores are about a half hour drive (in opposite directions). I shop about 80% in the perimeter of the store (we are vegetarian so we don't shop for meats or fish). The only thing we get in the center of the store are dried and canned beans, condiments, pasta and frozen foods, gluten free snacks and cereal. Market Basket is where I usually go- but I wondered if the savings are worth the trip. Is it worth it to go to Aldi or should I just stick to Market Basket?

Registered User Contrary Housewife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

You should probably do a price comparison trip to Aldi to see if they can save you money. Their dairy and vegetables are usually cheaper than any place else around here, but I can never count on them having any specific item in stock (or in the case of the vegetables, that it will be ripe or in good condition).
    Stop trying to organize all of your family’s crap. If organization worked for you, you’d have rocked it by now. It’s time to ditch stuff and de-crapify your world.

If you're not using the stuff in your home, get rid of it. You're not going to start using it more by shoving it into a closet.

Use it up, Wear it out,
    Make it do, Or do without. ~unknown

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life. ~unknown

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks Contrary! I actually just found out there is a salvage grocery store near the Aldi I mentioned.. sounds like I may be taking a field trip!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just found out there's an Aldi about 30 min from me, so last week I made the trip. I had already gone to Market Basket the day before for my usual groceries so I didn't "need" anything just wanted to check it out. They had milk $1.49 gal versus my usual $2.49 gal. They had bagged mini carrots for 49 cents/bag versus $1.29. I got a 1/2 gal of guava/mango juice for DS that was 99 cents and he liked it. Bag of bagels for $1.49 versus 2/$4. Yogurts for 19 cents versus my regular Greek Oikos for 5/$5. I think I'll stick with the Oikos tho. Fiber bars for $1.89 box versus 2/$4. I'll definitely go back to Aldi, but can't give up Market Basket. Luckily where I am there's Walmart, Sam's and Market Basket in the same block so I hit those 1x week. I'm thinking Aldis might be a 1x month field trip