Aldi help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aldi help

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Aldi help

Aldi just opened here!!!! I know the basics - no frills, "rent" shopping cart, take your own bags. What I'd like to know is - how do their sales work? for instance - I know Kroger has sales on hams, turkeys, and baking items from November to December. Does Aldi do anything like this? Are there certain sales that they run at certain times of the year? Any tips for shopping there?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Aldis runs sales but I haven't seen a pattern to them. They have a circular which you can usually get online (or in the paper). Sales are always first come first serve, no rain checks. If there's a great item on sale you should get it toward the beginning of the sale week.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

They have seasonal specials, not temporary price reductions on things. So the next one is going to be German type foods. I will be buying the breads, some of the cakes, hopefully they will have frozen pork schnitzel which I like for a last minute meal, some other things. The sales do repeat, but I don't know the pattern. After major holidays they will reduce prices on things. I bought a couple of hams after the New Year, $5 off per ham - it ended up being very economical. In my area Tuesday morning is when the meat is reduced that is close to sell by date - market quite full that morning.

I always check out Aldi for the goods they carry. Right now a gallon of milk is $1.89, best price around.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

They also have an app to give access to local week and next week's adds/sales.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

They are now stocking the traditional holiday food items-----cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie filling, hams, turkeys, etc. My Aldi hasn't carried these things since last fall.

Their weekly specials usually run from Sunday-Saturday. Their 'weekly meat special' begins on Wednesdays.

Overall I have found that we save a lot by shopping primarily at Aldi.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My local Aldi's has one freezer in a od location that often has a mish-mosh of meat to frozen fruit at Very good prices. Last week I found 3 puond boxes of turkey burgers at $1.50 a puond. I grabed 5 boxes for my freezer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Whole ham is generally available at my Aldis around Easter. Whole turkeys are available around thanksgiving. The ad lets you know when special buys are available.

Prices on things like milk eggs flour sugar only change prices when a new pallet comes in sometimes hat price change is up and sometimes it is down most times these are not listed in the add

They always have some fruit and veggie on sale each week this is listed in the ad.

Very deep discounts are given on food that is about to expire. I once caught the dannimal drinkable yogurts in a four pack normally $1.25 selling them for 25 cents for the four pack because they were to expire in 2days. My kids drank them that day. These were marked with a hand written red sign stating the new price. Not listed in ad

When there were lots of whole hams after Easter they had a handwritten sign saying $5 off of whole. Ham price. Not listed in ad.

My local Aldis ad runs from Wednesday to wednesady the same as the other grocery store in my area.

Here is an interesting l http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/aldi-10...-shop-at-aldi/
    Last edited by imagine; 09-15-2013 at 07:13 PM. Reason: add link

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks, ladies!!! Imagine - thanks so much for the great link - exactly what I was looking for!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our Aldi's just opened few months ago....milk is $1.89 a gallon, doz eggs .89. They have a great selection of cheese...watch the produce....sometimes its good and sometimes not....same as other stores.....they don't carry too many name brands but their brand is pretty good in most things.....you will save money....have fun....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Aldi sales are yearly inhere, so for non perishable items it can be a good idea to stock up on them in a decent amount.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have noticed during the Nov/Dec months canned veggies are $.39 I think this is for more donations to food banks and charities.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our ad runs Wed to Wed. My coworker works til 10 on Wed. and heads to Aldi after. She comes in on Thurs and tells me the great deals. My day off is Friday. I have never gotten meat - it's always cleaned out by Friday a.m. when I go. I'm jealous when I hear of the meat deals she gets. I've gotten great deals on pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, block sharp cheddar, eggs, milk and my son likes the fiber bars, and Clancy's microwave popcorn. He says the Millville poptarts taste better than poptart brand. I love the great big bottle of ketchup - I love ketchup and it tastes great not the cheap imitation stuff. I also like the salad dressings. The 1st time I went I brought my mother and we just kind of explored and took our time looking everything over. I don't shop there all the time as it's out of my way, but when I go I never leave empty handed.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Millville products are from the General Mills Corp., so some of the cereals will taste just like the name brands and others... not so much. I found that it is hit or miss with DH if he'll eat it but I've never 'not liked' any of the cereals I've tried.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've bought several pantry staples like flour, sugar, etc. Figure you really can't mess those up! I've branched out and tried canned corn and green beans and my family liked them. Ready to branch out further and try more Aldi brand stuff - maybe spaghetti sauce and cereal. Oh, and wine!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just bought Milk at my Aldi in CT for $2.69 a gallon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast