My first trip to Aldi :-( - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    At my Aldi's this week it is the FRESH broccoli that is on sale and it is 16 oz. It is listed in the paper flyer that arrives at our house as well as the same ad online.

The frozen broccoli in my freezer is 12 oz. and is always 99 cents at my Aldi's

Edited to add
    I just looked at the special buy sales ad for the week of 9/14 or 9/17 depending on the day your sales start in your area.
    It has all natural 16 oz FROZEN broccoli cuts of 89 cents. This bag is not the same bag of broccoli cuts that I normally buy there 12 oz for 99 cents. I think I will pick up the special buy broccoli then I shop on the 19th of this month.
    to late to edit that the natural broccoli cuts 16 oz for 89 cents in the special buys ad for 9/14 or 9/17 is frozen broccoli not fresh. I forgot to label it as such the first time. so I updated it in my quote

Here is the link to the Special Buy ad

https://www.aldi.us/en/weekly-specia...s-for-sept-17/

pb
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Like others have said it depends on your preferences. That said , based on my experiences with various Alsi's , the cleanliness, helpfulness, and state of the produce depends on the management staff and how they run their store and how they lead their staff.
    We love Aldi and it helped us to achieve our debt free status (completely debt-free), helps us now contribute to our children's college education, give to charity, and add to our retirement funds!

Halfway between the Wolverines and the Spartans
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love Aldi, but I'm very specific about what I buy there. Canned veggies, yes. Organic and gluten-free products and nitrate-free ham, yes (some of these I either can't get at a regular grocery store here, or they're a bit cheaper at Aldi.) When prices are similar, I choose to shop at Aldi, because our Aldi is new, small, super clean, and has the friendliest cashiers and management of any store in this area by far.

That said, their produce is almost always subpar. Also, I have been to other, much older Aldi stores around our state and have left feeling as though I needed a hot shower and a tetanus shot, LOL! Quality and service are definitely inconsistent across that chain.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Photogal-hahaha! sounds like the Pontiac store. The manager used to let this bum sort the rotten fruit out-shower optional. Washing filthy hands-unnecessary.
    The new one is so clean and organised. Sitting here eating Natures Best mediterranean Apricots=delicious.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Sorry to hear it was not a good trip. I have been a few times and really wish it was closer so I could go more often! I suppose it's like many other stores- some branches are cleaner/better than others. Not everything is a good deal there, but I have found many. Judemc (sorry, I bet I didn't get your name exactly right), glad to hear about the ketchup. We are super-picky about ours, and Heinz fans, but we have 2 new bottles on the Burman's in the pantry. I was a bit nervous to try it and figured if we hated it, we'd donate the second bottle to the food pantry, but you've given me hope it might be okay!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by josantoro View Post
    well, I was not impressed with their CS response. When I have a problem with a company, I want to hear "Let us make it right for you." Not "Here is what you have to do to make it right." Big difference.
    This is very true for all companies that rely on the public. Word of mouth about a bad experience is remembered much longer by more people then a positive experience. It sounds as though they have substandard employees and managers there. I would write up the chain because someone will listen.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I still have not heard from the "district manager" or whoever. Like they say, You have one chance to make a first impression.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12