Target/Walmart Question - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    McD
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

....I don't think I save any money when grocery shopping at Target. They don't have as big of variety of items and they don't have as many different brands (such as generic) as other grocery stores.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

In Cali, Target's groceries are generally cheaper than Ralph's, Vons,and Albertson's.

I buy bread, chips, lunch meat, pb @ Target.

I buy milk @ the grocery.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like walmart, they seem to do good by me. As far as Target, I think they are overpriced, except when they run a sale, combine it with a manu coupon and a store coupon. Then I can usually get an item for pennies or even free (like the 2 cent tuna). But those are maybe 5-6 items/month. Hard to do much with except add to your stockpile.

To really grocery shop I'd stick with the chain markets, or walmart. I find both their prices are usually pretty good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I LOVE Super Target! They have great printable grocery coupons on target.com. Coupons for things like apples, grapes, bananas, meat, chicken breast. I think their prices are better than Wal-Mart, and their produce is MUCH better.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

we dont have a superwalmart, we have the outlet store where we live. And its not worth it, its no cheaper. i just watch for certian savings and stock up on chk nuggets and things.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by justGina View Post
    We rarely buy groceries at Wal-mart (we do go there for the things we can't get at Kroger, after checking Dollar General, Fred's and Family Dollar first). We've found we do much better if we plan our meals around the loss leaders at Kroger.

And if you have coupons and there's a good sale, you can get killer deals. Our Kroger is having Super Double Coupons this week.
    You have a Fred's too! I check out our Dollar General, then hit Freds before going to the Pig, which is just one street over. I have a system, but it saves me money, LOL.

I don't like Target. I will run in however if I'm in town and check out the dollar bins in the front, but I don't go any farther than that. I don't care for WalMarts meats or produce, so don't buy grocieries there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

We have a "Neighborhood Wal-Mart", which is their grocery store. For me, in a land that doesn't double coupons and doesn't have any stores like Aldi's, it is definitely worth it to shop there. The only other options are Fry's (reasonable with sales, my 2nd pick), Albertson's, Safeway, and Basha's (outrageously expensive). Of course, we also have Target but I've never bought groceries there, Super K-Mart, Wal-Mart and Super Wal-Mart, CVS (just recently started popping up out here) and Walgreens.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thumbs down I HATE WALMART

Ever see the frontline expose on walmart? There were 2. They really are the Evil Empire! And I've done my own comparison shopping and on some things yes they are cheaper and on other things they are not. Unfortunately the things they are cheap on are all the pre packaged frozen foods which have loads of salt sugar and fat. I do alot of scratch cooking and get better Deals at a local cleveland area chain called MARC's .

Also go down to Amish country here in Ohio alot and there are produce stands where you can buy in bulk and get much better deals. I buy extra and freeze.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't shop at Walmart and our Target isn't a SuperTarget. The only foods they have are dry goods (canned/boxed) and a very limited freezer and dairy section. No eggs, no meat, no fresh produce.

I usually only get food there that I can get free or nearly free by combining Target coupons w/ MFC

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I hate, hate, HATE WalMart....I do,however, love SuperTarget. The closest one to me is 30 minutes away. About 1 or 2 times a month, I make a "loop" with Super Target, Homeland (doubles 1.00), a few mystery shops, Aldis, and whatever else. I did this yesterday with a bit of Christmas Shopping too. You can get some serious great deals at Target with their printables and manufact. coupons.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

No Super Target here, but 2 Super Walmarts. I always end up going in there, but never for produce. Their produce is terrible and NOT cheaper than good produce at Wegmans less than a mile away. Their other groceries are cheaper sometimes, but not always. Waiting in line there ALWAYS sucks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't shop for groceries at WM. I avoid shopping there altogether for everything and have been doing so for a couple years. They put our local grocer and only toy store out of business and now they are working on outdoing the rest. We don't have a Target but I used to like them for clothes sales.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our Walmart here is not too bad....however, the prices have gone way up and the help is just so so!!! I've been shopping a bunch at our Kroeger and IGA here as the deals have been way better than WM!!! Katy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a regular Target. I do pretty well there when I combine a Target coupon with a manufacturer's coupon.

I know that the Capri Sun pouches are around 1.60 for a 10 pack at Target and I pay a lot more than that at the grocery store. I do not buy a lot of cereal but I heard some women talking in Target and they said they have compared the prices of cereal to the regular grocery stores and they said Target has the best prices. (I am sure with sales and double coupons some of us could do better at the grocery store for cereal.)

I am careful about my shopping at Target because I used to buy too much stuff off the clearance racks so when I go in for the grocery deals, that is all I buy. I do not allow the rest of the store to entice me into dropping more of my money.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have found both Target and Walmart to be better deals on packaged goods like mac and cheese and things like that. Kraft mac and cheese is half the price than any of the local grocery store here. But, we do not have any Super Walmarts or Targets so there is no meat or produce, just frozen, packaged, and beverages. Juice boxes are definately a ton cheaper too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast