What stores do you feel you can get the best deals/savings

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default What stores do you feel you can get the best deals/savings

I go to Meijer

There other stores like Aldi's, Wal-mart and Costco, but I don't go there since I refuse to drive that far. I hate to drive so I feel that this store has the best deals and large vartiety of items/food to choose from nearest to where I live.

I don't go the Family Fare, D & W, Save-a-lot or "dollar stores" beacause of lack of variety of food items and deals. I feel I can save a lot of money just by buying what's on sale and if there's a coupon to go with it.

There are lots and lots of smaller "competitors" like "dollar stoers", Wal-greens, K-mart within a 10-25 mile radius from where I live. I don't bother going there either because to me most of stuff that is in there is "junk" and I don't like to drive.

I don't feel it's worth my time to go 3-4 stores to get the best deals.

I also go to a near-by farmer's market which is open year round

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Meijer where i live is the most pricey place. But admit to going there alot, it's just closer to the house and I get in and out faster.

As far as price goes Walmart is the best on everything. I also go to Kroger when they have their 10 for $10 sales.

Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob Dixie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We get the best grocery deals at Bi-Lo. They double coupons up to .60. After matching the sale prices and coupon deals, we save 50%.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

pip
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm lucky because they recently built an Aldis close by. I love Aldis. It seems that I can save 40-50% off that which I would spend at Cub foods. They don't have the big selection that Cub has, but I can get in and out in a jiffy and get a ton of food for my money.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a Price Chopper here and I use coupons when I can find them. they also have a lot of Buy1-get 2 free.
    They are doing alot of 10 for $10.00 and if its something I use alot and have extra I grab.
    Other than that its Walmart because I know the prices and have it budgeted for that amount.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

If I was only going to shop at one store, it would be Aldi's.

Meijer's is pretty pricey, but they have wonderful loss leaders and Super Saturday deals.

Cubs has good loss leaders at times, and awesome things in the scratch and dent carts.

Shop-N-Save sometimes has good deals--- I check them out weekly, but seldom shop there, unless something is a tremendous deal.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

When I lived near a bunch of grocery stores, Aldi's was my store of choice -- just in fresh produce, it saved me a bunch of $$$. I remember once when Kroger had grape tomatoes for $2.99/pkg. Aldi had the same size pkg -- for $1.29.

Meijer did have good sales; they were my 2nd-choice store.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We get the best deals here at our WalMart. Even when shopping with ads and sales fliers, we can still get better deals at Walmart. I know that alot of people don't like WM, but it's where we go.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think Aldis has good prices but I refuse to wait 30+ min to check out.
    Our festival foods has good sales. I also o to two scratch and dent stores. Our Mega foods has mega member monday the first mon of every month and those are some great sales.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Since I buy mostly organics, that cuts down on where I shop drastically.

Wild Oats by far has the best sales. Publix sometimes has some good sale prices, but most of the time their sales aren't even as cheap as Wild Oats. Albertson's doesn't come close most of the time either. I do shop WalMart mostly for the organic cheeses and Morningstar products - they by far have the best prices on those. I buy a few things at Sam's.

Food stores we have here...... Wild Oats, Publix, Winn Dixie, Albertson's, Save A Lot, Big Lots, Super WalMart plus a new one that opened up that is groceries only (I forget how it is named - WalMart Marketplace, maybe), Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Sam's (warehouse club), and BJ's (warehouse club).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have Fred Meyers,2 Safeways & Albertson's close by & out of the 3 Safeway is the cheapest one. Also Albertson's & Safeway are the only 2 that deliver groceries so between the 2 Safeway is still the cheapest.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Anywhere I shop I have to drive as we live in a rural country town with NO stores except for conivence stores.

The nearest town has WM, HEB grocery store, Walgreens and CVS. I shop at all 4 of them depending on the sales.

At CVS and Walgreens I usually get FREE H&B products. WM is probably the main store I shop at. It is cheaper than the others. I shop at HEB to pick up their loss leaders and buy this item and get this item free sale. They also have a "Buddy Buck" system. Collect enough buddy buck points and you get free items...like cereal, pre-cooked hamburger patties, juice, etc.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Being in New England, I get the best deals at Stop & Shop. They honor competitors coupons, so each week I use Price Chopper's triple coupons (up to $.99, so $.75/1 becomes $2.25/1, can get a lot of things free this way!) and Goretti's $5 off of $50. Their regular prices are a little more expensive than other stores in our area, but the sales are better sales, and I tend to only buy sale items.

I prefer CVS, but the prices are better at Walgreens. The Walgreens around here is located in a bad area, so I hate going there, but CVS generally does have really good deals - its just hard to find anything that actually comes out to be free (though this week I'm going to do a paid $ to take away stuff deal there).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am lucky to have a new Aldi's only blocks from my home. I can get so much for my money there. Good for produce, basic pantry items.

I shop alot with coupons!!!! It is so much fun to get things free or almost free when I combine a good sale with DOUBLE COUPONS! The only place to get double coupons around here is to shop at Dillon's (Kroger). I buy ONLY sale and/or coupon items at Dillon's. They do have great sales, like the 10/$10.

I buy bread at the Orowheat/Enteman's bakery thrift store. Great deals on the same bread that sells for $2.79 a loaf, even at Wal-Mart. I buy it at the "bread store" for 85¢ on Wednesdays and Saturdays. It always has several days until the "sell by" date when sold at the reduced price. I estimate that I save around $200 a year on our bread shopping there. The savings would not be as great if the store were not close to my home. This store is only four blocks away from Aldi's and Dillon's, so everywhere I shop is very close to home. I have a Super Wal-Mart about two miles away, but don't shop there regularly.

Walgreens!!! I LOVE Walgreens. I get the most stuff there for FREE!!! You can combine the Walgreen's "store coupons" from their weekly ad or Easy Saver Catalog with a "Manufacturer's coupon" and save BIG! Just this week, I got three boxes of Eclipse mints for FREE, three trial size Dove deodorants FREE, Dawn dish soap for 39¢ each. They have great rebates and coupons in the Easy Saver Catalog. These come out monthly, you can pick yours up just inside the front door of your neighborhood Walgreens. You can send for lots of rebates with only one stamp, and if you get the refund amount on a Walgreens gift card instead of a check, you get a 10% bonus.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have to say here it would be Winco... I love it there... I can usually get some deals at Albertsons and Safeway with coupons.. Sometimes Wal Mart has lower prices, but our Super Center has not opened yet.. I go to Costco, but after looking at some of the prices, I can get the same thing for either less or the same amount at Winco, (Costco just makes you buy more at one time).. I don't always need 12 cans of chili, or tuna.. LOL OOOPs this became a little lengthy, sorry.