What do you buy at Dollar General?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default What do you buy at Dollar General?

Not sure if this is where this question should be..Sorry if it is not..
    I was just wondering what things you have found to be good deals at dolar genral. FOod and other. What was the quality? I was in there today and saw some things but was unsure if the quality was good. Thanks
    Amy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I buy bread, milk, ice cream, cleaning products, socks and underwear, toliet paper and paper towels, health and beauty aids, and other things at Dollar General. There is also a Dollar General market that I go to and I buy fruits and veggies and other food there...

The quality has always been good and I have never had a problem with anything I have bought there....

Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob Dixie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I actually like several of Dollar General's store brands better than the 'name' brands. For instance, the taco and spaghetti seasoning mixes are 3/$1. I think they have better flavor than McCormick's or French's. I also like their cream of Mushroom and Cream of Chicken soups (.50) as well as Campbell's. I used to buy their hot roll mixes ($1) they're as good as Pillsbury,imho. The store here doesn't carry them anymore. The only product I've been disappointed in is their qt. size food storage bags. The 'ziplock' didn't hold.
    Dollar General is growing more and more popular here where I live.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I usually get cleaning supplies and DG brand of "pantene" shampoo. Sometimes deoderant and that type of thing if they have the right brand. I also buy cards there 2/$1. I don't like to spend a lot on cards since they just get thrown away. I haven't purchased much in the way of food, but I did try the black olives and it was like biting into wax. I threw them away. I'm just starting to go to DG more often as well as Dollar tree.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Has anyone tried there cereal? I was thinking about trying the corn flakes and the frosted flakes..
    Amy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love Dollar General! I buy cleaning products, health and beauty products, some food, picture frames, and cards there. Big money saver!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

They sell a toilet cleaner called "The Works" for a dollar. It works better than the stuff I was paying $10. for.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Lets see, we buy, baby wipes, toilet paper and some cleaning stuff there...thats about it...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like to get paper towels, toilet tissue, kleenex, cleaning supplies, some scrapbook supplies, pens, markers, a few food items, but have never bought any of their frozen goods yet. Ive bought my Dd training bras, socks and jewelry there also.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I buy all of our cleaning supplies and hygiene products there as well as baby wipes, cards, school supplies, under garments. Actually I buy a lot of thier stuff that we need.

As far as thier food, We love thier strawberry newtons. Only a $1.00. I buy sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, spices, tuna, etc. We like the products we have tried. I also but thier marachino cherries for $1.00 a jar. They are just as good as what you would pay $3.00 for at the grocery store.

Try some of thier products and let us know what you think.

The only thing I have been dissapointed in was the food qt storage bags. I use thier ziploc sandwich bags all of the time.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

They have good prices on their dried beans, I've found. The creamed soup is a good buy, also. I've found they're feminine products are about the same as normal sales prices.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I will definitely try some more stuff out. I have shopped there before but not really for food. I did pick up a can of chicken and dumpling and a pound of pasta. THe chicken and dumplings were 1.50 and the pasta was .60. I bought it to use together. I thought I could stretch the dumplings by serving over the pasta.
    I also bought some white rain shamoo for .75 and some aquafresh toothpaste for a dollar.
    I will be eat the chicken and dumpling sin jsut a few so I will let you all know how it is..
    Amy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went back to DG today. I bought 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup. 2 cans of tuna, a bar of zote soap, 1 box of generic pop tarts
    I will be going back to buy the 10 lb bag of rice for $2 and the big bag of pinto beans(i thik it was 5 lbs not sure) for $3.
    Amy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I buy cleaning supplies, food, toys, etc. I have never had a problem with anything that I've bought from there!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I buy toothpaste, "The Works" cleaners, hand sanitizer, and I've bought underwear and shorts on occasion. They take coupons, so when I find a coupon for $1 off a tube of Crest, I get it FREE!!. I also take coupons for "The Works" cleaners in there and get them for about 55 cents. I love Dollar General! I've bought some snack-type foods in there, but never tried canned/frozen food.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast