Aldi's dumpster - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Aldi's dumpster

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would have gotten them, but used them for compost.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I would have to have been there. Seen how far down the dumpster they were. That being said I would prob. be to scared to go dumpster diving. Last time I moved we need boxes and I was scared of being yelled at just for the cardboard.LOL

katy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coldfire View Post
    oh and for crying out loud don't read the wiki on dumpster diving. if you dont know how to do it. then reading about it is not going to teach you. Just stay out of the dumpster before you ruin it for the serious divers..
    everyone is a newbie at some point - we all have to try something new, otherwise - life wouldn't be much fun

I actually learned a lot from a dumpster diving forum when I first went out

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would have taken them. They had skins on them and you could bake them and destroy anything you are worried about. I think that people now a days are germaphobes. Either that or they're worried what people will say. I have never actually dumpster dived, but I've trash picked. I've gotten so many things for my house and also to give away to friends and thrift stores. A lot of people are just too lazy to call a thrift store to come pick it up. so it all goes to waste in a landfill! Pitiful!! I have gotten toys, furniture (my favorite is a glass topped patio table), an ironing board, Christmas tree, Christmas tree skirt, Christmas wrapping paper-not all from the same site either! (lots of great Christmas stuff after the holidays-people are too lazy to pack it away), baby furniture and accessories (walkers, bassinettes, car seats, strollers). I didn't know some of the stores mentioned on this site threw so many awesome things away. I may have to find someone to go with me and dumpster dive at the mentioned stores!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hmmm. I'm pretty pro-diving, but I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable with unsealed food items. Too many years of Halloween horror storieas about things people put in food. Definitly go for boxes, clothing, objects (not necessarily d'art), and BOOKS (my personal fav!)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Dumpsters in FL either have to be locked of those closed things that you feed into from the inside of the store. It's because of people digging in dumpsters, and getting sick off of the food inside. Actually, the law was passed because of a homeless man who was sleeping in one when it got picked up, and he almost got crushed!

So no dumpster diving here! No places I know of anymore to get leftover produce either. I'm so sad!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Fresh foods, NO WAY! I'd even have a hard time picking boxed items out..I'm just toooo much of a hygiene person. I'm weird like that..

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would have left the boxes and the bananas there. I would be concerned as well that maybe something had been spilled on them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wouldn't take food but have taken a baby bouncer before, though it was put next to the dumpster, lol. DH won't have anything from a dumpster in our home, if he did I'd take some of the furniture I see people throwing out and refinish them. Oh well...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I would not eat food from a dumpster- rodents, insects and contamination abound in them.I do not pull things from dumpsters.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i wouldnt have

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

What's funny is that I haven't visited this site in about a year and the day that I decide to visit again, my thread has been bumped up to the top! Life's funny that way! I still think about those bananas every time I am at Aldi's. Still seems like such a waste. I couldn't get myself to pick food from the dumpster, but if they had offered them at a reduced price in the store I probably would have bought some to bake with. Heck, I've got 2 nasty looking ones frozen away right now waiting to become something good. Apparently our Aldi's is still throwing out good stuff, though as I have seen on at least one occasion a car pull up to the dumpster and its people rummage through for food items. Maybe they were going to eat it, maybe not. Not for me to ask.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234