Price Rite, anyone?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Price Rite, anyone?

There had been a Price Rite in the nearest little city for a few years. I've never gone. Then a couple weeks ago, after working on a Saturday afternoon, I decided to go to Aldi's, and I pass the Proce Rite on the way there and back, so I decided to go there as well. But by the time I was done at Aldi's, I just wanted to go home. DH and I just happened to be near there yesterday, so I decide to take him there.

It was almost a very bad decision, because it turned out that they were having their grand re-opening (they moved a few stores down in the same plaza.) We literally had to follow someone to their car to get a cart and stand in line to get into the store. Normally that kind of stuff makes me cranky, but for some readon yesterday, it was okay.

I really didn't know anything about the store, but when we got in there, I discovered it was a bit like Aldi's, only a LOT better. Most of the prices are comparable, but yesterday they also had a lot of specials. They had chicken breast for $1.29 a oound, no limits on how much you can buy, and though the packages didn't have a name brand on them, all the boxes the guy was taking them out of said Tyson on them.

The store was also probably 3-4 times the size of Aldi's, so there was a lot more selection. A couple of the prices were higher, but overall, it was MUCH, much better than Aldi's. We will still go to Aldi's for 2 or 3 things we can't get at Price Rite (dried pineapple DD loves, my huge downfall- cream of potato soup, and DH will probably still get the seasoned pork tenderloin) but since they are literally about 2 miles apart, we will probably go to both in one trip and be done with it.

If you have a Price Rite anywhere near you and have not checked it out, I recommend it for price and selection. It looks like it is owner by the same people who own Shop Rite and used to be a club store, but isn't anymore.

I was not able to find a website for them. They seem to be located mostly in the NE, though, and are called only Price Rite- not Price Rite Pharmacy, not Price Rite Food Farm....

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have one a little ways away maybe a 15 minute drive but I agree it is a great store to find cheap prices.

Remember to bring your own bags or boxes and they charge for bags.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am glad you posted this Kimberly. We have a Price Rite two towns over about 15 or 20 minutes away but an Aldi a mile away. Is it worth the trip? I had no clue as to what the store was about.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'll have to see if we have a price rite near me, I have never heard of them. I know in the city I used to live, about 2 hours away there was a price chopper (but I never checked them out).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

i have one a few minutes away. i try to go there once a month or so. i like to go really early in the morning. like after i drop the kids at school. get in and get out. anytime after that the people are so RUDE. customers and workers.i avoid it like the plauge the first week of the month because it is soo crowded. not to be mean to anyone but it the 'tud neccisery?really if i qualifired i would be all peaches and cream on shopping day.
    i do have to say there prices are good.just watch the fliers,make a list,because in that store it is hard to stick to.so many surprise bargains.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wonder if there is one near me, will have to research that.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

http://www.priceritesupermarkets.com/StoreLocator.aspx

here are the locations for anyone not sure if there is one near them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went to Price Rite not so long ago to check it out. Dirty is putting it mildly.
    Our Aldi is spotless I think I will stick with them.