Are Wal-Mart's Prices going up or is it just me? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can't recall the last time I shopped in Walmart. Aldi's and the day-old bread store have always been my first choice and I'd rather not ever shop Walmart for anything ever again.

That said, I've noticed price increases everywhere! Even the plumber charged me a whopping $30 more than usual saying it was for gas prices and he's located in the same small town as I am! It's getting ridiculous! If it had not been the weekend and I could have found another plumber in a hurry I would have not used the local plumber.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm in Michigan and I've noticed Walmart has went up also in the last few months...ugh and it's the cheapest around unless I can catch sales

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Your not losing your mind. It is going up. I know that all the dairy and walmart brands as well has gone up and bread, but i make mine, i noticed it anyway. There paper goods and meat. Health and beauty aids and it is what ever the consumers needs are going up. The price of sugar, flour went up again. Not just 10 or 15 cents but 50 cents and up. Eggs are so high. I almost cry. I want in the country again. Meat is very high. I bought two days ago some that was marked down and so full of fat by the time i cooked the small amount i half anyway it was nothing. Vegtables are very high to and this is the season that they should go down. Not the case this time. So discouraged.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have noticed it also. It just isn't walmart either. Where we live it is cheaper for me to drive the 30 mins away to a Super walmart and shop then to go to the local grocrey store in this town. Example would be milk, at our local grocrey store it is $3.69 a gallon. Walmart (little bitty one) is $2.97 a gallon.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

our walmart likes to raise prices so that in a few weeks they can lower them again. not everything will come back down but enough of it does to make me think that is what they are doing. they raise the price just so they can lower it later since they are always lowering prices

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just don't do WalMart anymore. Like someone else said, too many temptations.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have noticed a price increase in our Wal-Mart also. The only things I "try" to buy in there is dog food and razor blades. Otherwise I do most of my shopping at Dollar General and Big Lots along with local grocery stores.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My husband and I always do our Costco and Walmart shopping trip together. This way we really try to stick to the list. It is crazy how things just creep in. We are really good at sticking to what we actually need, but still end up with things that weren't on the list. It's frustrating. Right now we are $50 over in our food budget and I need to plan a dinner for tomorrow night. I better start looking in my cupboards to see what I already have on hand!

As for their prices, they are still cheaper for me than anywhere else, so I will continue to shop there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I won't go to Wal-Mart or Sam's for MANY different reasons..........but one of them is definately how they "get" you with having everything all in one place! It's almost impossible to stick to the list!

With my coupon and sales shopping at our WAY more expensive grocery stores, I save TONS of money! The items themselves are cheaper AND I stick to my list much easier! I certainly can't find (unneeded) clothes for the family or other "bargains" that end up wrecking the budget!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It sounds like there are some definite "issues" with Walmart...but for us (up here where there's not a lot of selection...no dollar stores, 2 grocery chains that are smaller, no big-lots, etc.) Walmart is a blessing. We can afford the things we need. I haven't noticed any big price hikes (yet)...a couple things even went down in price...and there's definitely a long distance to truck things up here, so I'm expecting price hikes (gas related). Ours is just a regular "Wally-world" - no SuperCenter. So, we use the local grocery stores and Costco for food for the most part.

I agree, it IS hard to stick to a list at Walmart!! We did our errands Saturday morning and (blush) we got a bag of chips and a package of cookies that were NOT on the list. We got all the other things that we DID need (on the list!) at a MUCH cheaper price than we could have at the other stores we have to chose from. So, even with the 2 "oops" purchases...we're still WAY ahead of where we would be without a Walmart.
    Kace - Always pinchin' pennies!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by shelsmiles View Post
    The key is to NEVER enter WalMart without a list and some determination! I go for a very specific list of things that I need. If I am in the market for end of season clothes for next year or similar items, I put that on the list. I may go looking at other things, but I do NOT put them in the cart. If I really think I need it, I add it to my list at the bottom and then go home. I put the new items on the list on the side of the fridge. If I really DO need it, I will put it on the actual list when I go back to WalMart. It helps me to curb so much of the impulse spending!
    YOUR MY PERSONAL HERO, I WISH I COULD BE JUST LIKE YOU...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Smile

Hmmm, you know, I've been noticing their prices going up too. I try very hard to only buy what I can't get elsewhere. I am trying to buy more and more from Aldi.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

WalMart's prices are increasing, but so are the other stores prices. I do not have a Sav-A-Lot, Aldi's, Crash and dent can store, Super Target nor Angel Food Ministeries to choose from where I live, so Super WalMart is the cheapest store in my area.

I use Dave Ramsey's cash envelope system, so I am never tempted to buy anything than is on my list as far as wandering into other parts of the store. I will buy some food items if they are on clearance and I need them and if I will not go over my cash allowance for the week.

I know most of the prices and estimate the cost of my grocery list before even heading to WalMart, so I have never spent more dollars than I have with me for groceries. I have come within $2.00 of what I have available for groceries, but never over.

It takes discipline and paying cash for me.

auntie

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a new Super Walmart close by and their food is not cheap. The grocery store has way better deals. I am going to try to stop shopping there for a while. I can't get out of there for under $80. Ugh. My budget will be much better off.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I'm usually pretty good about resisting impulse buys in Walmart. There is one grocery store I use and often go in Walgreens, but I mostly shop at Walmart. I can price match, and, unlike some others, to me the best thing about it is to have everything there. It is only about a mile from my apartment, is one of the unusual ones that is rarely crowded, so I can get in and out pretty quickly. I don't have to drive around, and most of all I save enough time that if I do cave in a pick up something I didn't plan, I figure I still come out ahead, since I seem to have even less time than money!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast