Are Wal-Mart's Prices going up or is it just me? - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Add me to the list of those who can't seem to get out of Walmart for less than $50.00 - $100.00.

I totally agree that I'm much better about things when I have my list with me.

And, as for the prices going up ... I think that they have here at my store anyways.

Not sure if it is just from rising prices everywhere or if it's 'cuz they have such a monopoly on things that they pretty much can raise their prices 'cuz they know people are going to shop there regardless.

Lauren

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie in Bradenton View Post
    No your not losing your mind. There's a book out about Walmart and the way they work. Can't think of the name of it to save my life at the moment. But the book goes into great deal from how Walmart moves into a town and all the dirty little things it does not only to town councils, but to vendors and competitors. One of the final things Wally does is after he has killed off the little guys in a town they raise their prices. Since alot of the smaller mom and pop places or small retailers have died while Wally World took deep price cuts now they can make the money back by raising prices. Also look at a Walmart shopping cart compared to your old store. The Walmart cart is much larger so you buy more not realizing how full your cart has gotten. The book also spoke about that. When I dig up my copy I'll post the tilte and happily mail it off to anyone who'd like to read it.

Laurie in Bradenton
    this is true, I read this somewhere online.

this is one reason why I give business to other stores around our area instead of just ad matching even if I can. So far, all stores here are doing brisk business except for some mom and pop store(s) which were forced to close shop since they cannot compete with Walmart's always low price.

overall, the prices of most grocery items have risen. the sale prices they advertise in the weekly sales ads use to be the regular shelf price just a few weeks ago this is true not only for WM but other competing grocery stores as well. the price of gas has a lot to do with the price of everything whether we like it or not. if only pay increase was proportional, it will not be much of a problem.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I work in the Cash office p/t for wally world and their prices are going up- just as everywhere else is also.

I have some ethical problems with them, that is why I take my checks and buy quality items elsewhere. There are a few items I will buy there, but I could probably list them on both hands....

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The nearest walmart is out of my way. I only stop in there if I am in the area, which is only every couple of weeks. I have noticed that prices on certain items have been going up. I find I can do better on items at the local grocery store on sale and loss leaders.
    I dont purchase clothing, towels, sheets, there. I have them shrink up and fade after a couple of washes and had to replace them. I would rather spend a little more for quality and keep them longer

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Prices are going up across the board. Even at Sav-a-lot. Their basic canned goods used to be 3/$1 and now they're at least .39, maybe more.

I was noticing yesterday at work that our store brand basic canned veggies have gone up from 2/.88 to .69 apiece. To me, that's just a little too much of a jump. I think people are getting gouged on some things, because the stores know they can get away with it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

speaking from the u k yes the prices are going up i am hoping it just the advertizement before the xmas ( i mean up to go then go down with a advert )

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Angry

Their prices are going up! I was soooo mad when I found out the the price of diapers went up and the number of diapers in the box went down!!! I'm glad that our littlest is almost potty trained thank God!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

They are going up! Now they are the same as the regular stores. I don't even shop there anymore because of it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Wally's is still cheaper than anywhere else I shop. Maybe it's the area we live in, and/or the types of things I buy.

Plus our prescriptions are much lower there than the grocery store pharmacy where we had them before.

I do have to limit myself though, and stick to my list.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Flour went up

At my wal-mart the price of flour went up about .30 cents.
    I thought this was so thoughtful of them to do this right before the holiday baking starts. Thing is if I hadn't set up a price book/card I would have never realized it. Fortunately I already found a place that sells for 1.09 5# bag, but I was just shocked, as I have been a pretty loyal wal mart shopper for years, before I started my price book.
    angel

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

They are going up, but I have been trying to shop at other discounted stores and regularly watch for the loss leaders of our grocery fliers.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went to walmart with my daughter yesterday, she needed diapers. I needed milk so I ran in with her. I couldnt believe the price of Pet whole milk (Gal) $6.15!!! Well HELLO, who in their right mind is going to pay that. I went to my little hometown grocery today and got the same brand and same size for 3.79.I dont shop walmart, they say they are cheaper but i dont see it. My little store in town beats them every time , they have real good sales every week. DEE

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

That is part of the Walmart way. Lure everyone in with low prices then they slowly raise prices knowing most people won't notice what is happening.

But then we also have high gas prices across the nation where and Walmart ships their stuff with semis and diesel is more costly. Either way they will find a way to get the profits.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

At least here, Walmart is consistently lower in most items I purchase than my local grocery store. I buy some things at WM, some things at my grocery and some at Target or elsewhere. I shop where I can find the best deal

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yep, they are definetly going up! I was in there yesterday and noticed that just about everything that I usually get went up by approx 50 cents. I'm already getting milk from a local farmer for $1.55 a half gallon and eggs for $1 so that's not so bad. Can't wait for the nice weather to come back in so I can start planting veggies again but until then I'll be going the farmers markets and Amish/Mennonite Farm stands around me. I'm glad I have them not too far away since the price of produce and fruit has definetly skyrocketed as well in Wal-Mart. Gee, everything is going up these days, everything of course BUT my salary

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast