Are Wal-Mart's Prices going up or is it just me? - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a Walmart across the street from where I live but I don't believe in Walmart's politics so I don't shop there. I feel they are too greedy and push the smaller local competiters out without so much as a thought of what their practices do to the local economy.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

It seems to be the "politically correct" thing to do in the US-to hate Walmart-I think it's silly. If you don't want to shop there-then don't but Walmart brings jobs to the community and those of us who are, shall we say, "financially challenged"-find better deals there than we did at your typical small town stores-so we vote with our feet.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'll go to Walfart if something is cheaper than I can get it at the grocery after double coupons. Otherwise, I only go for fish food, puppy pads and this special pet stain and odor remover you can only get there. Otherwise, I don't go there. Not because of "politics" and the like, but because it's just too darn crowded and takes forever and a day....I also get lured in by all the crap on the shelves lol I'm almost guaranteed to spend a bunch of money in there when I only went in for a couple of things.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

In general all prices are going up in all stores, because of the gas price *rme*. Yeah Gas price goes down where are the other prices coming down but they don't they stay where they are.

Well actually walmarts prices depend on where you live and what they are trying to do. If they have just reciently come into a town they will lower their prices to under cut their compeditor and put them out of business. Now if they have already succeeded in doing so their prices will creap back up to higher then what the compeditors were to begin with.

Luckily i live in a town where walmart will never get rid of the foodlion since this is their head quarters and #1 store is located *lol* So walmart has stopped trying and has kept their prices low. I have actually found better prices at this walmart then at aldies at times, but yah got to watch carefully cause they try to trick yah i swear they do.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

My Dad has a Walmart SuperStore within 5 minutes of his house. He told me that food prices were going up. I did not believe him until I started comparing prices WOW he was right. I especially noticed that staples were increasing in price (bread, milk, fruit/vegetables). I also take a list and I am very careful to stick to the list. Back in my spendrift days I could never get out of WalMart without spending at least $100 now I am in and out in less than $30. I try not to go more than twice a month although it is only 15minutes from my house.
    Blessed and Highly Favored!!!!
    From $78K in debt to debt free and purchased a house and used car with 100% cash...God is sooo Good!!!

Goals:
    New to me vehicle

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have learned my lesson about Walmart.
    When they first opened up in our area we
    would go and I would buy more than I
    intended or wanted because the prices looked
    so good.

No when I go, I go with a list to get the
    exact things I want and no wandering
    around. DH does not even go into the
    movie section anymore and we save a
    lot more money.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I am at Wal-Mart nearly every day...........lol..........I work there. Try saving money doing that! I'm there when the good deals happen. I see when the clearances are taking place. It would be soooooo easy to shop daily, but I have had to be very disiplined. I pick ONE day a week to grocery shop, and only with a list. The way I figure it, when I shop at WM, I am helping myself. I am helping with the bottom line, which helps when it comes to getting a bonus or not getting a bonus. I'd rather get the bonus. So, even tho I don't like a lot of things about Wal-Mart, it's how I make my living, and am going to support them in order to support myself.

(haven't figured out how to use the smileys and things yet or you would see that I am smiling..............lol

bo

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by wendy View Post
    Okay, maybe I'm senile, but everytime I leave Wal-Mart, I have spent at least $50. When I go to one of the local groceries, I only spend around $20 or less.

Is it because I'm buying junk that Wal-mart sets around to make me think I need it? Probably.

Do you have the same problems? How do you overcome them? Is it cheaper to you to just shop at another grocery store rather than being tempted with "stuff" that Wal-mart employees have strategically placed on the aisles to make you spend your money?
    I have been shopping at wal-mart for several years. There is only 2 of us, plus 2 dogs 2 cats and a parrot, and every year it gets to be $20.00 more on the grocery bill each week. I can not get by with just soup and sandwiches for supper, and the extra cooking of course takes money, and i'm not buying steaks. It seems like it is getting to be just hambuger and chicken, and then for a change of pace it is chicken and hambuger.

bo

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by bo View Post
    I have been shopping at wal-mart for several years. There is only 2 of us, plus 2 dogs 2 cats and a parrot, and every year it gets to be $20.00 more on the grocery bill each week. I can not get by with just soup and sandwiches for supper, and the extra cooking of course takes money, and i'm not buying steaks. It seems like it is getting to be just hambuger and chicken, and then for a change of pace it is chicken and hambuger.
    Sorry pushed wrong key. Anyway to add to what I was saying is:
    I haven't been buying cucumbers, because they were 30 to 40 some cents a piece. When I went to wal-mart 2 days ago they had a price of 72 cents a piece. So I guess that answered your question.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default yes they are!

I was at Walmart today and the guy was putting new tags on all the coffee and creamers. My creamer went up 40 cents and my coffee did too! He said all the coffee was going up.

Prices are higher on some things still. I am starting to use my pricebook TWG, so that I can be sure I am getting a good deal.

They stil have the best deal on Del Monte Tomatoes (I cook a lot, and they have the best taste for the price).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I will be thinking long and hard about going back to walmart.
    I went by th eprices they had on the
    iles the other day and in the sales rows.
    Coffee was $6.88 so i picked up one for myself and 1 for my sister.
    Got home they charged me $7.44.
    I found 8 items that were $.50 cents more than what they had on their
    shelves.
    Of course we were in a hurry so never noticed until I went to add up the stuff for my sister.
    It is the last straw for me...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I went to wal mart just the other day and thier frozen chicken went up as well as their oranges which I kinda understand because of the frost. But they were selling them for about .68 each. I went to a regular grocery store and they were selling the same oranges 4/.99 I couldn't believe the price difference. It's so hard now days to keep up with all the changing prices at all the different stores. I now buy the bulk of my food at Aldis.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

i went once before xmas last year. visited the clearance isle, digging through I found some of those laminated 'cheat sheets' for kids in school... and all the class son is in or going to be in soon... i thought "great!"

i get to the checkout, of course the line where i check MYself out... and those things rang up at almost 5$ each!
    I called the lady to help over and she said "i can't change it." I told her I foudn them on the clearance isle with a dollar sticker sign on the box they were in. "I can't help you." is all I got.

So I told her to take them off, since I didn't want them anymore.
    She gave me such attitude and said "Why don't you just buy them. it's easier."

WHAT?! Are YOU paying me back for them??

So I got attitude for the wrong price, attitude for asking her to remove the items (so I could pay for my other things) & attitude because I said I wasn't taken them back to put them where I had gotten them.!

Sorry, at this point I was upset, so i said "Isn't that YOUR job?"

"Why dont you just go to management and tell them about the price problem?"

I responded: I plan on going to management, but not for those stupid over-priced things... I plan on telling them about YOUR attitude and lack of customer service... Shelly" (yep, I had her name!)

I got other ppl to laugh... wasn't exactly what I was going for with a trip to wallyworld... but I rarely shop there.

I go an extra few minutes to Meijer now. I've had some issues w/pricing there, but I've always been helped curteously and they've resolved any issue I've had.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I try my best to stay out of Walmart, but since it is the only place in town to buy certain item we go there sometimes. The last time was Sat night because we had to buy a space heater to thaw out our pipes (the hardware store is not open at 10:30 pm). We thought we were buying one for $19, but we were charged $40. We bought some other items and it was late, so we did not notice at the time. I am not sure if it rang up wrong or if it was in the wrong place on the shelf. It was way more than I wanted to spend. My DH may try to take it back.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have always thought WalMart was increasing prices. One of the last Kmarts is only 1/8 mile away from me... I usually don't go to WalMart unless I need fabric, it's the one thing the Kmart here doesn't have. I haven't gone anti-WalMart, but now that they did away with the layaways, there is no reason for me to travel farther to get there.

I buy my groceries at the supermarket, on rare occassions (away on vacation) I have bought food at WalMart, but the prices were so much higher. I couldn't understand how people could afford to shop there weekly.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast