Are Wal-Mart's Prices going up or is it just me?
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Question Are Wal-Mart's Prices going up or is it just me?

Okay, maybe I'm senile, but everytime I leave Wal-Mart, I have spent at least $50. When I go to one of the local groceries, I only spend around $20 or less.

Is it because I'm buying junk that Wal-mart sets around to make me think I need it? Probably.

Do you have the same problems? How do you overcome them? Is it cheaper to you to just shop at another grocery store rather than being tempted with "stuff" that Wal-mart employees have strategically placed on the aisles to make you spend your money?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I feel the same way. It seems I can't get out of wal-mart with out spending over fifty dollars too! Strange how that happens. Where I live there aren't too many choices for groceries other than food lion and I think they're prices are way too expensive!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Way too many temptations, I never shop at WalMart and keep a well stocked pantry from loss leaders. I shop at one store 98% of the time which is the priciest in our town but the best products but do run into each of the two others maybe 1% of the time each if they have a loss leader I just have to stock up on.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The key is to NEVER enter WalMart without a list and some determination! I go for a very specific list of things that I need. If I am in the market for end of season clothes for next year or similar items, I put that on the list. I may go looking at other things, but I do NOT put them in the cart. If I really think I need it, I add it to my list at the bottom and then go home. I put the new items on the list on the side of the fridge. If I really DO need it, I will put it on the actual list when I go back to WalMart. It helps me to curb so much of the impulse spending!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Prices are definitely going up. I have been buying trash bags and disposable razors there at the same price for years, and in the past couple of months they have each gone up about 50 cents each. The diapers that my son usually wears have gone up about a buck recently. But..yesterday I bought the walmart brand of spaghetti sauce and the price actually went down from 1.00 to .94.

As the price goes up the quality of their products have been going down..I used to buy the walmart cheapiy trashbags with the pull string close, had bought them for years and never had a problem with them tearing. Since the price has gone up the pull strings had been tearing off whenever I closed the bag. I didn't stuff them anymore than usual so. It's another reason for me to try to stay out of walmart. Also I have had a problem with the zippers on the zipplock bags being misaligned so that you can't zip them shut. I have had to take them back because they are unusable.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Do you all think it's because of the new "high end" walmart they're building around the country?

Have you heard about it? Dh told me about it the other night.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i have heard about that. they're suppose to be stocking better made clothing and such. but i have noticed that i spend more money in there too as compared to the grocery store down the street from them. the grocery store is a little more expensive on some things, but they also double their coupons, but id rather go in there then to fight walmart and their "everyday low prices"

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The other day when I was in wal-mart I looked around at all of the signs that say "LOW PRICE" "EVERYDAY LOW PRICE" and etc. And thought "Could this just be a ploy to make you think they have low prices because you see the sign so many times that you start to believe it?"

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, they are going up. I go to the WM near me...and the closest Aldi's is in Greenville, NC about a 45 minute drive away. I love Aldi's...but can not justify the gas to go there every 2 weeks....so I make the list and try my best to stick with it.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yes, I think the prices are going up.....and I don't think it's because the employees are getting more money.....

I have been trying to use TARGET more often, prices are about the same on the basics, and their employees seem a lot more happy.

All of the stores will use the increase in Gasoline to up the prices on everything......

JMHO,
    leezza

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I always bought McCains juice pks for the kids(10) in 1 pkg for 2.69 in now its up to 2.99. I go to Shoppers drug Mart, they have sales on theeir lifr brand for 2pgs for $5.00. And they taste great, low on sugar, 100% juice.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm glad it's not just me. I thought for sure I was getting some "Wal-mart's out to get me/drive me crazy/send me into early retirement" paranoia.

Thanks ladies!

Wish we could start a "Ban Wal-mart Coalition"

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I usually go there for certain items. Its only about a mile from my house but so is Sav-A-Lot. On Friday we get the ads and I look through them for sales and what my list has on it. I pretty much know what the prices are at Walmart. I say the prices have gone up on alot of their items. They are still the cheapest for Cream of Wheat. Krogers sells it for $4.57 a box and Walmart has it for $3.27 and my dh will not eat the store brand. So you aren't loosing your mind.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I think one of the major reasons people spend so much money when they go into Wal-Mart is that they don't comparison shop. A price book and a knowledge of what the other stores charge can save you a lot of money in the long run. And like shelsmiles said, you should never enter a Wal-Mart or other chain store without a shopping list and some determination.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

thank god the Walmart is at the other end of town. Since it is so far away, they better be having a really good deal on something before I go.

Kellie

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast