Favorite Aldi Foods? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I have so many favorite things: canned mandarin oranges, canned veggies, stewed tomatoes, cream soups, tomato soup(I use it in my hamburger mac & cheese casserole), cereals, oatmeal, noodles, jar sauce, kitty litter, moist 9 Lives cat food, tp, soap, automatic dish detergent, bagels, frozen orange juice, block cheese, canned biscuits, white sugar, brown sugar, flour, vanilla extract, cake mixes, box puddings, choc. chips, cooking spray, vegetable oil. I like most things at Aldi: I won't buy the meat or produce at my store, I like the way they look in my regular grocery store better.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I can only think of 1 thing I won't buy again at Aldi's and that's their big bag of cat food... the cats refuse to eat it. The only way I've found that they'll eat it is yesterday I poured water from tuna over it... then they chowed. The dog seems to like his ok, but he'll eat a lot of things, of which I won't mention.

The one thing I loved and Aldi's doesn't carry anymore is Earl Grey tea... the carried it I think for 1 holiday season and discontinued it. They still carry a few specialty teas, but not Earl Grey

We don't buy their milk, bread or fresh meats. I can get them elsewhere cheaper. I can comparison shop on their produce. If it looks good and price is good, I buy it. I haven't had any problems with their produce as other on FV have. Onions, potatoes, apples and oranges (until the prices went through the ceiling) have all been good buys and good quality.

Some of our favs we buy are lunch meats, salad, shredded cheese and cheese slices, oatmeal, cereal (who can beat $1.09 for cornflakes or $1.69 for the most popular flavors like honey-nut Os, bran/raisins, fruity Os, cocoa rice), boxed frozen chicken (a family favorite, frozen ground turkey (79 cents a lb).

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We do like their milk, but sometimes other stores will have milk on sale cheaper than Aldi. If there are no milk sales, I buy it at Aldi. We really like their Strawberry Frozen Fruit Bars (novelty on a stick). They are so good! It is like eating frozen strawberries on a stick. They are full of real fruit. Yum! They are kind of pricey, at 4 for $1.99, but then strawberries are expensive too. The bars are big, 4 oz. each.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This is an interesting thread to see what to try there. The only fruits I've bought their is bananas. Their mushrooms look ok but never bought them yet. I really like their corned beef. And I get their frozen maple sausage patties regularly as well. I like to get some of their cheap theme food as well which seems to change on occasion. Only bread I ever got there was frozen hawaiian king rolls for 10 cents a bag! I stocked up on like 6 of them I think lol Couldn't fit anymore in freezer and tasted as good as any other store that carries them. Also I get sometimes their frozen veggies and their cream puffs are the best. Better than any name brand. I don't get too much there but I do go especially for certain items which is cheaper and tastes good there. I sometimes also see a random snack that looks interesting that I'll grab.

I however skip their milk and dairy products. I usually go organic eggs and egglands best eggs. I also don't have their meat. Other places are better deals and fresher and larger selection.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I shop mainly at save a lot now (closer). when I do get to Aldi's I always head for the frozen section and the yogurts.
    They have so many "goodies" in the frozen section. All the stir fries and frozen convieniance foods are sooooo good. They have alot of good ice creams and junk foods too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I buy the frozen ground turkey for .79 a pound.

I like their yogurt, cereal, lunchmeat, block and shredded cheese. These are the items i get the best deal for.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do most of my shopping at Aldi's and a local big discount grocery store. My favorite thing there is their $2 pizza!! It is the best frozen pizza I have ever tried! I also like their pasta salads and spaghetti sauce. Their is just to many to list. Their ground turkey is a pretty good deal, I used to buy it all the time, but then I discovered Woodman's had ground sausage for only 10 cents more and I like that better in spaghetti and either dishes.
    Last edited by Raven; 05-31-2007 at 09:46 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12