SAVE-A-LOT
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SAVE-A-LOT

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default SAVE-A-LOT

We have a new (and only) Save-a-Lot opening next week, and was wondering what everyone thinks about this store chain, and prices, etc. compared to Winco and even Super Walmart..... TIA...

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love everything but the fresh meat and produce. The canned items and frozen stuff are comparable to Aldi's.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There are a few here in Maine. I tried the one closest to me a few years ago when it first opened, they had their own line of generics and I got Ok prices on some frozen items.....unfortunately the store is in a less then desireable area of the city, and to be honest, was kinda icky....so I stick to the Super Walmart. I found Super Walmarts prices comparable though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Laurie in Bradenton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love my Save-A-Lot. It resently had a face lift and is much better than it used to be. Our has meat on markdown on Monday morning. Dairy products are always less than the other local grocery stores. We currently have 2 in my area. The biggest problem at ours is the help. On any given Sat. when the whole town is shopping they only have 2 or 3 registars open so you wait. Remember to bring your own bags to save more.

LAurie in BRadenton

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think there is one in the next town but I haven't been there. I haven't heard anything good or bad. I think the store may be in a bad part of town.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We had one open up around us 3 years ago. LOVE IT. I guess it depends where you are and who owns and operates the store, on how good the stuff is (fresh veggies/meats). At ours there is such high turn around that the veggies and meats don't have time to go bad at my store. I do 95% of my shopping there. I would say half ours is generic and half brand name. If shopping at the local regular grocery store, I will pay $200 compared to $80-100 at Save a Lot for the same stuff.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have never been to a Save-A-Lot and I haven't seen one around here (FL)
    I have seen a lot of posts about them but never been to one.

MC

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like the store near here. The meat is good, but I never buy the produce unless it's something I will use THAT DAY! I have heard their store brand is made by General Mills, but don't know how true that is.

The sav-a-lot here is in the "bad" part of town--but truthfully, that's where their target customers are. Low-income people trying to save what they can!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I go to our savealot when they have a big sale and stock up. They have things like a giant box of store brand corm flakes for .58cents! But I think the store is dirty and the people in it are creepy. Not everything is a great price, Flour is 30cents more than it is a walmart.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i went to ours for the first time last friday. i can buy just about everything cheaper at the dollar store. they did have whole chickens on sale for .50 a pound so i bought several of those, but i wouldn't do everyday shopping in there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

there are 2 near me. i have been to one but not the other as it is a longer drive. i wasn't overly impressed with the one i went to. the prices weren't much better than walmart. and once you add in the added drive time, it made things worse. if i am out that way, i'll stop in, but i do my normal shopping at super walmart.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I believe this is the same store that was owned by the same company as Winn Dixie ~ I'm not positive ~ we used to have them, but they have all closed

this was my first choice in shopping - have fun!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We had a few in the area for years, and last year they opened a really big one. We shop there every week and always like the stuff we get.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Save-a-lot is another of those 'depends on where you are' things, like others have already said.

A few years ago(another town, another time), we frequented a store twice a month that was pretty good, decently kept and the deals were good.

But since then, the two Save-a-lot stores we've found were dirty and the deals just didn't seem to be as good.

One o' those things, I spose.

~~

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

There's a couple near where I live, (less than 30 minutes away) I've gone in there in the past to see what they have to offer but it didn't meet my expectations.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast