What are your dollar store finds? - Page 5
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

plastic utensils
    batteries
    craft supplies (glue gun, glue, yarn, etc)
    party favors - balloons, small things of playdough, playing cards, etc.
    stocking stuffers - coloring/activity books, playdough, etc.
    some cleaning supplies

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Nothing, I don't go to any of those "dollar" stores in my area

Registered User jenloveschip2001's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love all the Dollar Stores. I live in the hometown of Dollar General. I have heard that the reason we will not be getting a Walmart anytime soon is because this is the home of Dollar General and they are afraid putting a Walmart in would really hurt there buisness. I do not have a problem with that at all. We have a Dollar Market and a Dollar store. The Dollar Market usally marks there meat down 50% a few days before the freeze by date, so when I find it on sale I stock up. I think they have better quality produce than Save a lot does.
    Wife to Chip
    Mother to 4 great kids

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Our Dollar General marks overstock down a lot to half price. I also used to work there, so the girls will give me stuff half price sometimes just because. LOL

They also mark down holiday stuff to up to 90% off. Got some Christmas stuff like that, and am still eating on the Christmas candy I got at 90% off. Haven't gone there much lately, because I'm so broke.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Today I went and got soap, baskets, paper towels, and bubble bath.
    But I saw 5 more things I wanted but put back so not to bad.

Katy

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default dollar stores

We have a dollar general about two blocks away from us. We can almost see it from here through the graveyard. That's why I like where we live.. We're not downtown and it's a wonderful little area as you're leaving town and there's a few little stores on the main road. We have a Jubilee (it used to be Shurfine - a cute little locally owned store), an ice cream place, a dollar general and further down a furniture store, a kids' second shop and a construction store. I try not to go to the Dollar General too much. I'll spend toomuch. I got a supersoaker for my son's birthday last month and I always buy cards there for 2/$1. This weekendI walked over and bought 2 washcloths for when we have guests (we use loofahs) and a tablecloth that can be easily wiped off for 2.50. There's a Dollar Tree or Dolar Store about 2 miles away and I sometimes go there if I need party supplies for parties, or pens. They have a lot of stuff and all for a dollar. I like to look at the scrapbooking supplies and stickers. They have food and drozen and refrigerated foods. And I always buy gift bags and wrap there.
    LIsa

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

A dollar store near us is going out of business today. DH and I wandered in yesterday and found a lot of things on sale buy one get 2 free. We walked out with:

~ 9 bars of soap for $1.25
    ~ some fancier soap 3 for $1.25
    ~ 3 packages of finishing accents (6 kinds of variety thread/yarn on a card) for $1.50. I'll use this for creative work.
    ~ 9 yds. taffeta ribbon for $1. I'll use this to tie up gift bags for Christmas.
    ~ 3 medium sized containers of spice for $1 (including ground cloves and two of thyme)

Our bill was just over $6 with taxes.

We went to another dollar store earlier in the day for containers for the bathroom drawers. I got 14 containers for ~$4.50.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I just went to our $$ store for the first time in a few months. It used to be really small and didn't have that much stuff. Well they took over the store next to them that went out of business, and now it's double the size .

I got lots of greeting cards for upcoming bdays (50 cents each...woo hoo), stationery so I can write to my chemo angel on pretty paper, some crossword/suduko/word search books to send her, as well as a few coloring books to send to her children, scrapbooking page sets (really pretty sets and only $1 too ). I couldn't say no to the kids either, so they got a few little toys too.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have found some really cute scrapbook supplies and other craft items as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I occasionally shop at Dollar Tree. I try not to get anything that I will throw away in the future. I buy things that will be used for a long time:

-scrapbooking paper and raised stickers- all acid free
    -plastic baskets. I fill with gift items for baby showers or other gift giving opportunities. It's better than a paper bag they will just throw away!
    -silicone spatulas (to add to gifts, hospitality gifts etc.)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

HI, Born in September! I was too!

I get my dh's bar soap there--it is that Dial soap that the commercials sing "manly manly man", LOL, and it is only .50 a bar there (2 for $1) and is much more elsewhere.

Also I like to use baby oil for moisturizing and it is a big savings.

And wrapping paper/gift bags!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

At Dollar General I get 25 lbs. of cat litter for $2.20. Also greeting cards for 50 cents each, canned veggies for 40 cents each, generic toiletries (cotton swabs, etc.) for $1. I've also bought my mom and myself some clothing items there for $3-$8, and I have always gotten compliments on them.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We have a dollar store near where I used to live that was just converting to 'a dollar and more' store. I got a set of knives which included a paring knife, bread knife, chef's knife, a fillet knife and a sharpening 'rod' for $1.99 brand new in a sealed package. It's not Chicago cutlery, but for the price they serve the purpose. I can kick myself in the butt for only picking up 5 sets because I kept one for myself in the house, one for the camper and have given the other 3 sets away as gifts. I went back there a few weeks later and they had marked them up to $9.99. Still a good deal I guess but not as good as I got!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I do like the stores where everything's a dollar - Dollar Tree is my favorite. Don't much care for Dollar General.

I buy bubble bath and liquid soap at Dollar Tree. But I also sometimes buy dishes -- like glass serving trays (I like to entertain). Party supplies are also good there. Artificial flowers can also be, but I look for the silk, I'm not much of a plastic flower person. We put together a really nice silk flower arrangement for my mother's birthday for about $5, including the vase and a mini mylar baloon. Some "craft supplies." DH collects bird figurines and he always has to at least look when we go to Dollar Tree. I tend to stay away from the cleaning products unless I find something that is a brand I know. I don't think I save much if the product is watered down. I bought several things when I redecorated the bathroom -- toothbrush holder, soap dish, etc.

Unfortunately the Dollar Tree isn't really close to us. But when we are going to that part of the city I try to stop.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm a Big Lots fan. I buy lots of gourmet food goodies there, stuff I can't find at other stores in my area, and it's all good and in date.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast