What are your dollar store finds?
Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Question What are your dollar store finds?

What have you found inexpensive there and what do you buy regularly there?
    I go mostly to pick up small items for my son, but I have picked up gift bags there too.
    I don't go very often because I find that I start adding too much to the ole cart that I don't need.

Sara

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Good finds at Dollar Tree over the last several weeks......

- Herbal Essences full-sized moisturizer, astringent, cleanser
    - 20ct. packs of jingle bells (for crafts) - they are $3.99 at the JoAnn store here
    - Cassette/book combos that ds just loves (Old MacDonald Had Some...... - there are six different ones available... ducks, hens, sheep, cows, pigs, horses)
    - World map and USA map
    - Full-sized Suave body wash (freesia scent only - didn't buy any because I didn't need it)
    - Seventeen brand hair barettes (two and 3 to a pack - very pretty)

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Cleaning supplies, small toys and coloring books, things like that. Our dollar stores don't have much of a selection

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I bought children activities books that were worth 5-6 $. I think they were liquidating them, because there not many of them. I was so suprised and happy to find that!

I found last year, some Noxema Body Wash(at least 300-350 ml) for 1$! I had bought a few since my handicapped aunt uses liquid soap to bath.

I'm very selective with I buy...I make sure it's not just junk or useless.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I very seldom go to the dollar stores here. I find most of their stuff cheap in quality and usually within days, most of the stuff is broke.

Many of our dollar stores are no longer in business here and aren't near as popular as when they first came here. Here, most of the items in our dollar stores are now well over a dollar and in fact are now getting closer to $4-5 and up.

I use to purchase their craft paints but now can purchase them for less at a craft store (top quality paint besides) than I can at the dollar store.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I always get my canned veggies for 3/1,, noodles and pasta are always 2/1.00, decaf coffe is 2.99. There HBA prices are great on Pantene, Thermasilk and they take coupons.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I found some Time Life, leatherette covered books on the Mighty Indian Chieftains and European History a while back at Dollar Tree. Nice.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love all the Dollar stores. I get cleaning supplies, paper, pens, clothes, etc at all of them. But, I have to keep myself out of them as much as possible because I try to buy the store when I'm there! lol

The other day I went to the Family Dollar and found great looking men's shirts that had been $15 for $3. I got some for Christmas presents.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

This week I found videos of the older John Wayne movies, the black and whites, at our local dollar store. Bought one of each movie for Christmas gifts. I also like to buy tins, books, gift bags and wrap, and candles there. We've found Hanes for Her bras at Dollar Tree for DD, as well as NFL bandages in the appropriate teams for DH and BIL for Christmas gifts.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We just finished painting our house. We needed brushes for the trim. We found good quality brushes, drop cloths and paint rollers for $1 each. I usually get cleaning supplies if they are good quality. Some seem like colored water. Some things like muffin mixes you have to watch the price because they are usually cheaper at Wal-Mart or Aldi. I buy all my greeting card there 2/$1 and birthday, or wedding wrap. I buy Christmas paper after Christmas when it's on sale. I also found some nice dressy socks. They are usually 3 for $5 at Walmart.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The dollar tree sometimes has clearance stuff 10/1.00 usually it's junk. Last time I was in I got these animal shaped loofas, Shaped like sea horses, dolphins, sea shells, ect. there are 2 in a pack, that's 20 shapes for $1.00. Bought all they had, 23 pairs. I will use most for gift baskets and some I will pour melted glycerin soap on them, wrap and add to baskets also. I gave the kids a couple and their little necks are spotless clean.... My Sister tells me I have an O.C.D. (obsessive, compullsive, disorder) because I buy this way. I usually use everything I buy. Do any of you buy this way ????

FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob Jerseygirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't bother with the dollar stores very often, but I have picked up a broom, dish pan, small laundry baskets that I fill for housewarming gifts. We are currently doing centerpieces for our family reunion and picked up little lighthouses that are put in a AC Moore floating candle holder with sand and water.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I LOVE my dollar store! I am a plant fanatic and they usually have lots in small 4 in pots. I have bought tons of educational place mats for my kids (letters, math, puzzles) There is a scrubber sponge i always buy there. I get childrens books, sometimes one or two for me, note pad paper, crayons, pencils, large steak knives. one thing i was bummed out about was Ajax scouring powder, i always bought 14 oz for .99$ and at my grocery store i can get 21oz for .71$ But other than that i really like my dollar stores, there are 2 that i go to near me.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I buy shower cleaner there. It's cheaper than Winco, which is the cheapest I have found otherwise.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Some dollar stores are better than others, I tend to like them
    as Dollar General (we do not have Dollar Tree here, which I love)
    is clean & the store is laid out in easy to find manner, I find I
    spend less there than when I go to Walmart.

I buy greeting cards, gift wrap, office supplies (envelopes,
    sticky notes), cleaning supplies, toothpaste, birdseed,
    some seasonal items, cornbread (Jiffy), noodles.

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast