Aldi's questions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Aldi's questions

Are there items in there that you buy (off brand) that taste just as good as the name brands?

Are there any items that you have tried and they are not as good (ie: as the name brands, not as fresh, etc)?

If I am buying chicken wings that is where I get mine...they are the meatiest that I have ever found! I have also bought a few other things there but am always weary about trying some of the generic brands there.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I buy most everything there.

I do not like the chicken noodle or tomato soups.

We also don't care for their chunky sirloin burger soup. It's not as good as the real stuff, but will eat it if I can't get Chunky cheaper.

I don't buy their milk either. I don't drink it, but dh said it was watery.

I like the cream of mushroom and chicken soups better than name brand. And the ravioli is better than chef boyardee, IMO.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The only thing I've tried and not liked so far is the tuna. Yuck!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I like their baking products (flour, oil, choc. chips, vanilla extract, and sugar). I like their instant pudding and generic fruit and grain bars. I like their oatmeals and veggies in a can. I like their soap and tp.

The only thing I didn't like was the brownie mix that I bought. It just wasn't as good as the name brand mixes

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like their baking products too. Also the neufatchel cream cheese. My kids like the mac & cheese (velveeta type) and the spaghettios w/ meatballs. The bread is good, just be sure to give it a squeeze. Sometimes it's not as fresh as it could be. Oh and the Nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread), my kids love that stuff. They have a "Duo" kind that has white/brown nutella. That's their favorite.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by nodmicks View Post
    The only thing I've tried and not liked so far is the tuna. Yuck!
    Someone else on here said the same thing so I've never bought it. I have bought about everything else and liked it all except their pizza. Ds said they taste like cardboard.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for all the replies!

I definately know where I will be getting all my baking stuff, that's for sure LOL

I am looking forward to going there on Friday. I am looking at this "saving money" thing as a game! I cannot wait to see how much I can save!

I am also maybe going to Super Kmart but I don't see an online ad for their groceries. A lot of times they have fantastic dollar deals, etc. My mom is going to try to mail me her ad when she gets it tomorrow...hope it gets to me on time!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Most everything is as good or better than the name brand products-the only thing that we've found we don't like is the spagetti sauce.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Phew! I saw that today and thought about buying it LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

over here we are all trying for healthier eating TESCO thru out the year has reduced five fruit and veg a week ... so adli are doing the same so when ever i go there, there's something half price last week it was cucumber and celery

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by Marie78 View Post
    I like their baking products (flour, oil, choc. chips, vanilla extract, and sugar). I like their instant pudding and generic fruit and grain bars. I like their oatmeals and veggies in a can. I like their soap and tp.

The only thing I didn't like was the brownie mix that I bought. It just wasn't as good as the name brand mixes
    About the brownie mix I thinks that funny because dh prefers Aldi's brownie mix to all the others!LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We like the brownie mix too. We also like the pizzas. Ds always asks when I'm going to buy more.

I'm just careful with the fresh veggies. Sometimes they look good on top but when you get home and open it up, it's spoiled on the bottom.

I don't buy bread there much, unless I'm going to be having grilled cheese or toast a lot.

I don't like the spaghetti sauce either.

The chips are okay. I usually by the Save brand at the store or walmart's brand.

But the can goods are the best. I came home with a trunk load a few weeks ago.

pip
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like many of the Aldis items. What I am careful about, is the fresh produce. Just doesn't seem to stay as fresh for long. I also don't like the large frozen tubes of ground beef. The couple times I bought them, there seemed to be little pieces of something (bone?) in them. The pound size tubes have been OK. My husband doesn't like the peanut butter, either. But, all in all, I love Aldis and can save a LOT of money by shopping there regularily.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Of the products I've tried I only disliked the peanut butter (but it was fine for cookies) and tuna fish (thrilled the stray cats, though). Some products I've not tried at all--for example they only have bleached flour and I prefer unbleached. But all their dairy, baking supplies, cereals, frozen and canned veggies, and beverages have been quite good.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I used to go when I had only a few bucks to get food. Some of the stuff was not tasty but when you are hungry you tend to ignore that. I bought some cat food there but it definately did not agree with my cat. Poor thing was in distress and yelling her head off.

When I had my car on a couple of occasions I took people there that only had a couple of bucks for food and they were really greatful walking out of the store with their bags of food.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast