favorite discount store? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Asheville has a local store called Amazing Savings, which is basically a food/HAB close-out store that gets all of their foods from the local organic stores, Whole Foods and Wild Oats. Most of the stuff is boxed convenience foods but there are also organic dairy, meats, vegetables, fruits, shampoo, supplements, etc. It's about a 70% discount.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I like Big Lots

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Big Lots, Sav-a-lot, Dollar General are my favorites.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Not a store but still good deals

Public Auctions can be a great place to get good deals on housewares and furniture. My parents are both antique dealers and the majority of their house and Kitchen in particular are auction deals.

examples of great buys.

baking dishes and pie plates. Much of this mom got brandnew usually come in box lots less than $1 apiece.

Mixing bowls and measuring cups less than $1 a piece
    Two nice upolstered wingback chairs $20 ea.

Really gorgeous birdseye maple dresser $75 in an antiques store easily $300 and up

Dinner plates and glasses. Just sterilize in hot water and muleteam borax Again much of the pieces are less than a $1.

I could go on but you get the idea. ONly draw backs is that auctions can be time consuming you definitely need to be willing to stay long cause most deals come at the end of the auction.

Kim

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For Groceries my list goes :

Christian Salvage Discount Store ~ Meats

Aldies~i get most of my sides, canned veggies, and fresh veggies to freeze.

Foodlion~ Spices and things i can't get at aldies

Walmart~ expecially if i need to get non food items as well... best price in TP and papertowels in town.. also on flour oddly enough

Mexican Grocery~ For nice trim beef and whole shrimps.. as well as odd and end stuff you can't find other places.

Mexian Bakery~ If we go to charlotte for leather its in the same strip mall so we go visit there almost every time we go.. they have awsome cakes, cookies, and bread. They have some coffee chocolate cake that i kid yah not tastes like tiramisu!! YUM YUM YUM !! We haven't ever spent more then $5 there and come out with a bag FULL of goodies.

Our Local Fleamarket~ There is a lady who sells deeply discounted non parishable groceries... and there are several produce people who sell for great prices in season. $15 for 50lb of potatoes .. one place their onions are so fresh when yah chop them they will squirt yah in the eye!!
    Last edited by qtkitty; 12-28-2007 at 11:56 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by qtkitty View Post
    For Groceries my list goes :

Mexian Bakery~ If we go to charlotte for leather its in the same strip mall so we go visit there almost every time we go.. they have awsome cakes, cookies, and bread. They have some coffee chocolate cake that i kid yah not tastes like tiramisu!! YUM YUM YUM !! We haven't ever spent more then $5 there and come out with a bag FULL of goodies.

Our Local Fleamarket~ There is a lady who sells deeply discounted non parishable groceries... and there are several produce people who sell for great prices in season. $15 for 50lb of potatoes .. one place their onions are so fresh when yah chop them they will squirt yah in the eye!!
    alright, that settles it, I want to go shopping with you next summer.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default I love a bargain

My sister and I just came back from an all girls weekend in SW Florida. We were actually there for a wedding, but managed to get in a lot of shopping too. This was before I found this site, and I never actually thought of us as "frugal", but we managed to go to about a dozen Goodwill Stores around the Fort Myers/Cape Coral area. We did not find lots on this trip, but we loved the challenge. I have not done this because I am not up on the brandname clothing like she is, but she buys clothing that is high end and then resells it on Ebay. Last year she bought a two piece ladies business suit that was originally from Nordstroms for $7.99 and then sold it on Ebay for $121.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought that was pretty cool. She has done it on numerous occasions. So, when you go to Goodwill, don't just shop for yourself and your family. If you know your brands you can make some extra money for YOU!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have a few of them.....A.J. Wright, Big Lots, Dollar Tree, & T.J. Maxx

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Costco is my favorite place to shop
    for buying the staple groceries in
    bulk. Their meat is unbelievable.
    You pay but you get quality meat.

If I need small incidentals like health
    and beauty, housewares, etc. it's
    usually Walmart or Target.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OHHHH I LOVE AUCTIONS, Kim your parents are ppl of my own heart. I can't even begin to tell you the deals I've got at auctions let me think...most recently I purchased a Kirby G5 3yrs old all attachments included $80.00 2 boot boxes full of every greeting card you can imagine for $2.00. Over the years tons of decor for the house antiques, new and in the middle I just like it and it's cheap my hand goes in the air. There is little decor in my home that wasn't purchased at an auction. It's an addiction !! My Mom just rolls her eyes b/c starting in bearable cold spring dad and I are at an auction clear till unbearable fall weather...I've done it freezing rain and bullizion degree heat...As a matter of fact we bought our 1930's rock house we're living in now at an auction how's that for B-A-D ? Hey we bought it and it more than appraised for double of what we gave for it pfft its my HGTV house he-he. Back on subject...we have the most disorganized GD and big lots stores ever grrrr. My favs are all groceries Aldi's...Meats my local processing plant...clothing Gordman's...I use to shop Fred's for hba but they went out of business so I'm reduce to WM. My dollar stores and we have many sell junk so I just stop bothering

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Mine would have to be Big Lots, and Bi Mart *Northwest only store*.. Others include Dollart tree, and the canned food store.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

OH, yeah, I forgot the Dollar tree and Big Lots. I go there for cards, wrapping paper, and just to look for deals.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Goodwill or G2. G2 is a place where goodwill puts all the stuff that does not sell or they dont want to sell. It used to be called diggers and that is just what you did. They put out big piles of clothes and you have to dig for the ones you want. I have not been for awhile because I don't have time but last time I was there it was 1.59 per pound of clothes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123