favorite discount store?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Default favorite discount store?

Whether it's for food, clothing, or housewares, etc. what is your favorite store to find good deals?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Real Deals. Everything is $1 or less, but they're not like a regular Dollar Tree-type store. This store gets the "salvage" stuff from other stores like Target, Sears, Lerner's, Linen's N' Things, etc. Plus they have food, yarn, clothes, books, paper products, etc. I love going in there once a week or so just to see what they've gotten in recently. And you have to buy it when you see it, because it's not like the order more stock. They sell it as they get it and when it's gone it's gone.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I like TJ Max & Marshalls, never know what I'll find on their shelves. As far as department stores, I always find good deals at Kohls.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Registered User Laurie in Bradenton's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I love my salvage grocery Petricks!
    They carry everything but fresh veggies. I save a ton of money by shopping here. Both children realize that its saves too. Both hve told friends moms abut the place.

Laurie in Bradenton

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For clothing shopping, I like to go to JC Penneys or Belk. I can get super good deals there by shopping the clearance rack certain times of the year.

For food, Kroger seems to be the best here. They double coupons, and have a nice selection of discounted food.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I shop my $1 store regularly. I find my face soap, vacuum bags, small gifts, cards, wrapping paper, name brand items (shampoo and conditioner sometimes), seasonal items, and so much more. I shop there 1-2x per month for big savings in the budget .

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marie78 View Post
    I shop my $1 store regularly.
    Which dollar store do you go to? Here there are so many with different names.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've found that our dollar stores generally don't have good deals I like the prices on greeting cards, and I've picked up a bunch of small toys for sewing projects pretty cheap, but other than that the stuff is way too overpriced. I've even looked through their cleaners, but it's cheaper to either use coupons at Kroger, or use baking soda and vinegar.

What is everybody finding at the dollar stores, that makes it worthwhile?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by druidessemily View Post
    What is everybody finding at the dollar stores, that makes it worthwhile?
    Here's a thread that discusses what some members find there:
    [ame="https://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85304"]What are your dollar store finds? - Frugal Village Forums[/ame]

Registered User Droppedonmyhead's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love General Dollar and Family Dollar stores. They always have such great buys and they are getting more and more name brand items in stock. I also LOVE the Ross and Marshall stores. Ross carries my fav coffee. . .Hawaiian Macadamian Nut Coffee. . .oh the smell is to die for!!!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

The bread store near my house. They do not sell day old stuff, it is all in date and very fresh.

I get loaves of Wonder bread for $0.59 each, boxes of Nabisco 100 calorie pack for $1.00 a box, hamburger and hot dog buns at $0.50 for an 8 count package, Enteman's Little Bites for $1.00 a box.

My favorite place for the kids' clothes is Plato's Closet. I go to the in that is 5 minutes from the Auburn University campus (45 miles from my house) because those college kids will sell anything. They have the best styles and no junk. The location near my house has a lot of crappy clothes, no good name brands and is not worth the time.

Last week I got them......
    ~NorthFace jacket (excellent condition - if bought new this style cost $125) for $30
    ~a brand new with tags Under Armour hoodie sweatshirt for $14 - (they are $65 at Kinnucan's)
    ~Abercrombie, American Eagle, and Hollister shirts for less than $10 each.
    ~New with tags Polo's for $10
    I spent $130 and got them two full bags of clothes.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love the Salvation Army Thrift Store.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love the Goodwill in our neighboring town. It's awesome, and has some killer deals, plus a bargain barn where they put stuff that isn't selling, and it's sold really cheaply.

I love Dollar Tree and Dollar General too, especially since they started letting the managers mark things down to half price or less in DG. I buy a lot of stuff that way.

I also love Big Lots, but I'm not a big spender, so I only go there when I need something I can get cheaper there, like makeup. I love finding name brand makeup for less than $3!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Noel View Post
    Which dollar store do you go to? Here there are so many with different names.
    The one I like to shop in is called Dollar Tree and everything in it is $1 or less. They seem to have special merchandise, maybe from other stores...so sometimes I find name brand items in there for food and toiletries. I stocked up when they had Vive shampoo and conditioner a few months back. Of course, it isn't there anymore. I always keep my eyes open while I am in there, you never know what you might find that you are currently buying somewhere else for more money . The one I go to carries my face soap and it sells online for $3 or more for a bar. It's Pears Soap and one bar for $1 lasts me a month or longer . I also buy the Pure & Natural body bar soap
    (3/$1) it's gentle on my sensitive skin and the 3 bars are enough for my fiance and I for a whole month.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I live for the Dollar Tree. They have the best stuff and it's all $1. Great for basics! Some of their toys are junky but you can find some gems like wooden puzzels and nice hard cover books. I go a few times a month and they always have new things. If you see something you like get it because it won't be there when you go back...I've made that mistake a few times.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast