My First EVER trip to CVS
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default My First EVER trip to CVS

Ok, Since joining this and other frugal forums I have had many many people ask "Do you have a CVS?" and my response was 14 miles away. So I traveled there today, never having been in a CVS this one was just built here this summer before then well, they were too far away to drive to.

I went inside, and from some CVS coaching I received via online I asked for a ECB card, filled out the application and began my adventure. I shopped for sale items I saw in the weekly flyer. Buy 1 Get 1 free Lay's Potato Chips, and 2 Liter Cokes, then an item that would earn me ECB bucks $1.49 Palmolive Antibacterial Soap where I would earn $1 each ECBs getting the soap for $0.49 each. Limit 2. I bought 2. Now I walked out of the store paying $8.73, saving $5.78 and earning $2 ECBs. I was a happy camper and now I'm addicted to CVS! Thanks ladies!

However, you ladies on here are experts compared to me, so tell me, did I do ok? For my first trip?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think you did pretty good. I would suggest using coupons to add to your savings. My first CVS trip cost me 41 but I got 26 ECBs. When I went the other day, I spent 0.29 (2 toothbrushes, 6 softsoaps, 4 candybars, 4 jj buddies soap, 2 palmolives, chapstick bc I went negative) after using coupons and ECBs. My store is very coupon friendly. The other day the manager checked me out to see how much I saved. Also, give them your ECBs first, then free coupons, price adjusted coupons (Item is 1.99 and coupon is 2.00), and then your reg coupons. ECBs will not pay for tax but coupons will.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

im so jealous! i want a cvs! after hearing all about how great it is, i pulled it up online, the closest one is 4 hours away from where i live (till we move in feb) and after we move, the closest one will still be 8 hours away! you all do so well there, enjoy your savings and have a great day!

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I think you had a great first trip. I agree use coupons too! I know there were some out for the Palmolive recently.

Just compare the ads to the coupons you have to really make an impact! You will be hooked in no time!

latte, that just stinks. I go to Rite Aid and Walgreens too, but CVS is definately my favorite.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Isn't CVS fun! I love buying things with my "play money"....lol . You did good. I agree with AshandEmmi and look for the coupons in your Sunday paper and match up for even more savings. Also register your email to get $/$$ coupons emailed to you. Look for the scissors in the ad and that will let you know if there is a matching coupon in the paper usually. Good job.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I'm jealous!! You'd never find deals like that here!!

I used their store finder to see where the closest are in Nevada or western Montana... Yeah, won't be driving there...nearly 3000 miles...hahahahaha...

All these posts about CVS, Aldi's, and dollar stores are making me want to move south!!!

Sounds like you had a great first trip to CVS!!!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love CVS!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Yea, I really like CVS. I am getting better with the couponing and ECB. Sometimes I will make two separate purchases. The first to get the ECB. Then use the ECB with coupons to get the next purchase. I also like the clearance items.

My only problem is I can very easily take a short walk to CVS. So I have to start controlling myself and remind myself just because it is on sale dosen't mean I need it.