Anyone else have problems with Walgreen?

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Anyone else have problems with Walgreen?

I buy a lot things at Walgreen. Most comes from the sale flier, in store coupons and I do a few of their rebates. I get some really good deals there -- when the store actually gives them to me.

The problem is that many of the sales and discounts don't seem to make their way into the cash register/computer. We've also had problems with unadvertised in-store specials that are marked with special signs on the shelf. Before I discovered this problem. I'm sure I over paid many times. Now I watch very carefully. I even stand at the counter and look at the itemized receipt very carefully before I pay -- really ticks off the clerks. I've had clerks argue with me, but when I get the manager involved they always find that there was a mistake and give me the sale price. We've complained to the manager many times only to be told there is nothing the local stores can do about it the prices are all programmed by corportate. This is not just problem at one store -- we've noticed the same thing at several stores around the city.

I am getting ready to contact corporate about this problem and am wondering how big it is. Anyone else notice this problem at Walgreen?

Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob AmyMCGS's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've never had this problem at my WalGreen's. In fact, the lady at the cosmetics counter keeps a basket of coupons, and if you check out with her she tries to find more coupons/deals for you from her basket. She's very sweet.

The only problem I have there is that if I don't go buy a sale item on Sunday or Monday, they're sold out. I have a sneaking suspicion that they intentionally stock low on sale items.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I've had problems with things being sold out too -- but they will give rainchecks. I always ask for a raincheck if something on sale is sold out.

I also was told recently (by an assistant manager) that not all of the stores get everthing that is advertised in the sale fliers. A raincheck doesn't help if it's a "special purchase" that went only to a few stores and they just won't be getting the item.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by AmyMCGS View Post

The only problem I have there is that if I don't go buy a sale item on Sunday or Monday, they're sold out. I have a sneaking suspicion that they intentionally stock low on sale items.
    I have this problem too.
    The other problem I have encountered is the cash rewards. They don't print out like they are supposed to. I wish they would get this corrected.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I have problems with the rebate items. They advertise alot of "new" items that are not in stock yet. I do love Walgreens though. I think they have great deals and stock up on alot of household items when they are on sale.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I guess I just don't go often enough, but when I checked out the rebate booklet for December, I really didn't see anything in there that I wanted -

but I do go in with a sales flyer in hand and coupons - but it's usually just for food items - so I guess I'm just not a big shopper there - or CVS or Rite Aid -

good luck with your chat w/ coporate! I'd love to hear how it goes!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by bumplett View Post
    good luck with your chat w/ coporate! I'd love to hear how it goes!
    I haven't had a lot of luck contacting corporate with other stores, but haven't tried it with Walgreen before. I'm not expecting a lot. But I am wondering if this is something my state Attorney General might be interested in. Of course I will give the company a chance to fix the problem first.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

try CVS! LOL

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We don't have CVS here. In fact I don't know of any other similar stores here.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by LizaZ View Post
    We don't have CVS here. In fact I don't know of any other similar stores here.

thats awful!!!! they have amazing deals. hmm.. well. maybe try keeping your purchases smaller in order to keep up with what price youre supposed to be getting things at as opposed to a huge order when the cashier swipes everything by the scanner so fast youve got little time to keep up with what it rang in at. - also, just ask them to price check everything before they really scan it. ask them if it is the right one, the one thats on sale. you might get a sigh or two but honey thats YOUR money.

Registered User my4littlebuffaloes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I don't like walgreens. They have never processed my rebates correctly, so now I don't bother.