Marshalls/ TJ Maxx
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Default Marshalls/ TJ Maxx

(I know these aren't second hand, but I looked for great deals.)

I'm in Massachusetts visiting family and friends right now. I went with my mom to do some shopping yesterday. We have a Ross store at home but I don't go there much. I wanted to go to a Marshalls store here that I had found some deals at years past.

I tend to like high end hiking and athletic clothes (North Face, Patagonia, Marmot) although I very seldom will pay retail for them.

I scoured the large amount of clearance clothes at Marshalls and came up with a few gems:

Isis lightweight breathable long sleeve top for $10 ($40 retail)
    Under Armour lightweight breathable shortsleeve top $10 ($44 retail)
    Snozu fleece jacket $11 ($75 retail)
    Cloudveil waterproof/breathable shell jacket $39 ($295 retail!) Such a deal!

At TJ Maxx I found a cute top by Avalanche for $20 ($40 retail). Not as good as deal as some of the above, but I liked it a lot.

I've been trying to keep my supply of clothes low (having less stuff) but I'm also trying to acquire some very nice clothes that will last, but only for the right price.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Those are great deals, I hope you enjoy your new clothes.

I love those stores....they got me dressed thru college...lol. I also got a lot of baby clothes there before Paige was born so if it got ruined after one wearing I wouldn't be out to much.

toile
    Tourist

If you can get your hands on one, there is a tiny little book written by a shopper.
    She talks about every dept and how to work the system.
    When they restock, gourmet foods, how to get an entire set of dishes of you want, all sorts of ideas.....

One thing to look out for is large Divinci Syrups in unusual flavors.
    I buy the sugar free ones and use them in coffee or low carb deserts.

I have been lookng for fleece sheets thanks to this site. I was having zero luck.
    Last week tons of them showed up at Ross for $11.99 a set.
    My kids love their toasty warm beds

Some days those stores seem so empty then other times they have just what you have needed.
    Im watching them for a really good saute pan that can then go in the oven

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

For the saute pan try Tuesday morning. I check in there once a week and have been retooling my kitchen and the kitchens of my kids. Great buys on Calphalon, T-fal and Anadon - stuff I wouldn't even look at at other stores.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Tjmaxx is my fave, then marshalls. im really not too keen on ross, all of the ones Ive been in havent been too clean

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I just visited my local TJ Maxx the first time, lol and I've lived here over 17 years I found a really pretty purse that I wanted and snatched it up real quick but the prices I think are very reasonable than paying full price.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Do you have a Gordman's? If so they beat TJ Maxx hands down on prices for name brand clothing. Their store is clean and organized and when I have my feathers in a ruff I can't stand disorganization shopping. Thou that may only be in my TJ. Going to my local TuesM haven't ever been in there but I'll be checking it out soon thanks. I would certainly look into that book too, do you remember the author or name? TIA

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I love TJ Maxx. I refuse to pay full price for anything and this store allows us to buy nice clothes and not break the bank. Many times I go in there and can buy a quality name brand shirt for less then you would pay at a wal mart for a shirt that isn't made as well.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I also found some great deals at Marshalls last Friday! Esprit black winter jacket 1/2 off for $19.99 not sure of retail, but a beautiful jacket! Also got a Liz light weight sweater 1/2 off for $9.99. Couldn't pass up such excellent deals. My store had lots of clearence & many new Spring housewares/decor type items. I passed on a wooden heart sign to hang on my door, but may go back for it & a few other goodies this weekend.