Does anyone shop at Kroger - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

I really like our Kroger and shop there a lot. They may vary from region to region, as from store to store. Ours have nice produce and sometimes some good sale prices on it. I'm closer to a Super1 that across the board may have somewhat lower prices and some really great loss leaders, so I use both. Our Kroger triples coupons to .39 and doubles .40-.50, so that can make up a lot of difference. Also I've recently started getting the senior discount, 10% off all store brand items, which is another inducement. (There are a few good things about getting old!) If I'm in Walmart, I'll pick up a few things, but I too hate the crowds and the size of the place.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Quote Originally Posted by dcompton View Post
    I really like our Kroger and shop there a lot. They may vary from region to region, as from store to store. Ours have nice produce and sometimes some good sale prices on it. I'm closer to a Super1 that across the board may have somewhat lower prices and some really great loss leaders, so I use both. Our Kroger triples coupons to .39 and doubles .40-.50, so that can make up a lot of difference. Also I've recently started getting the senior discount, 10% off all store brand items, which is another inducement. (There are a few good things about getting old!) If I'm in Walmart, I'll pick up a few things, but I too hate the crowds and the size of the place.
    Oh you are so lucky my Krogers only doubles ! That really helps but would love triples. There is one that super doubles and I do travel to that once in awhile when I find a great deal to stock up on.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug
    Blog Entries

Hey Jen- I live pretty close to you if past posts serve my memory correct although I'm not quite sure how far out you are from Louisville.

Anyway I use to shop Kroger pretty religiously and still go every once in awhile. They run pretty decent sales and if you can get to the point where you can cherry pick you should like it.....of coarse you have to get the "card" though, which I find a pain. I switched from Kroger and do my main shopping at MEIJER after they opened because they double as well and they're produce section is huge and awesome and thier deals go just as good as Kroger...sometimes better.....sometimes they triple coupon. ..... If you're not hours away from Louisville you may want to make the treak once a month or so. There's one on Dixie highway close to the Gene Synder (841 I think) and one on Preston Highway by the Gene Synder exit as well. Both of these are on the outskirts of Louisville. You can see thier ad on line.

4. Remove Advertisements
    FrugalVillage.com
    Advertisements

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

i shop at kroger all the time...one of my fav places to go..they almost always have great deals.

i only shop at meijer for their sale items

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

"My" Kroger is 20 miles away, so I go if there are enough exceptional deals to make it worth the trip. I have never been disappointed in the quality, and my dh and I used the trip to spend time together, but it has not been worthwhile cost wise to go for several weeks.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

We shop at Kroger for almost all of our groceries. If Food Lion has something super on sale then we go there. Kroger has usually great loss leaders and we are able to stock up spending way less money.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I shop @ Krogers....and I love it. My Krogers triples $.50 or less. They run really good sales, plus its not crowded like walmart. Plus I love their produce (the freshest I have found)!!! Some of their prices are higher, but the sale prices make up for it. Give Krogers a shot, I bet you will like it too

Registered User jenloveschip2001's Avatar
    Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

Thanks for all the imput!!! Rooted Nomad, you have a good memory. I like outside of Bowling Green Ky so that is about 2 hrs away. I did just recentlly make a trip to Louisville to go to Value City to do some Christmas shopping.Next time I'm up there I will have to go by Mijer and check it out. Do you ever shop at value city. We went to the one in Clarksville IN. I heard they were closing the one in Louisville.
    Wife to Chip
    Mother to 4 great kids

HBS

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I shop at Kroger once a month or so. I like their frozen vegetable mixes and I'm always finding "manager's special" things that are marked down to almost nothing. We don't eat a lot of meat but I do buy whole chickens there and the produce at ours is pretty decent.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I find Kroger to be the most expensive of the grocery stores around me. I can go to Meijer and save tons. Both Kroger and Meijer double coupons up to 99c. so that does help.
    Just some price comparisons I have found recently:

........................... Kroger....................... Meijer
    canned veggies..50c ---------------------- 25c
    pasta 1lb.......... 50c --------------------- 25c
    milk(reg price)....3.19--------------------- 2.79
    eggs............... 1.88 /doz----------------- 2.11/ 2doz
    Last edited by momofslg; 01-23-2008 at 01:25 PM.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I get better deals on Kroger brand groceries than I do when I go to Wal-mart.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I wish we had a Kroger. All we have is a S.W and a Piggly Wiggly. No Krogers for like 150 miles

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I shop primarily at Kroger...always have. They are priced higher in some areas, but I think they have unbeatable customer service; especially at the Kroger I go to every week or so. I love their meat, produce, and deli. We have Meijer stores around here, and if I'm out and about I will go in and get what I need. I do think Meijer has an exceptional produce section, but I've found that their customer service stinks. The cashiers are never friendly and I can never find help on the sales floor when I need it. So I'll gladly pay a little more at Kroger, and know that, for the most part, they really do care that I'm there shopping at their store. I have never bought groceries at Wal-Mart, and probably never will.

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I LOVE Kroger. I always get the best deals there. They double up to .50 and you can usually find things with a .50 coupon and on the 10 for $10 sales. I have gotten SO many things free there especially lately. It's my favorite grocery store, by far!

Post Thanks / WTG / Hug

I shop at Walmart, Aldi's, Sav a lot and Krogers. I usually go to krogers when they have good sales going on and with my coupons. Some prices are higher than others. But if you know your prices you could shop at Krogers and go to Walmart for your other stuff.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast